Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help me design..., the ultimate Annoying Neighbor
ElFenrir
post Jun 25 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,337

Well, after finding the Annoying Neighbor flaw online(is it part of a book too? I havn't gotten to read thru a lot of the new sourcebooks), I decided it would be too much fun to pass up.

Of course, yeah, it's gonna be a pain in the rear. Meets at my character's house will have to be held when it's certain said AN is not home...and then he/she would prolly show up anyway. Annoying Neighbors I have dealt with IRL, and I can imagine how much of a headache they can give a shadowrunner.

Of course, this will also go well with the 'Weirdness Magnet' 1 point flaw i found online...a brilliant one I thought, can make life, again, for the poor character rather interesting. I was sold once i read the example of the Elvis shamans appearing as contacts. This one will be great in the hands of a clever GM.

In addition, these two flaws caused my character's third flaw...Compulsion: Smoking. :grinbig: Teammates might wonder why the hell the dude lights up every ten minutes, but after being his partner for awhile, i am sure they will see why. ;)

So where to start? I could go the uber-nerdy route, the uber-curious route, the WAAAY too helpful route, a combination of two or all of them, or even something different.

Any thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrostyNSO
post Jun 25 2005, 06:19 PM
Post #2

Resident Legionnaire

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,550

Or you could go the "fatal attraction" route.

+Quote Post
ElFenrir
post Jun 25 2005, 06:41 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Nothing says love more than a bunny in the pot. Another good idea.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Jun 25 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

Fox already has, the Bundy family.

+Quote Post
ElFenrir
post Jun 25 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

I don't think the flaw value of having the Bundys as neighbors is even legal. :grinbig:

But a 2060s variant of the Bundy family would be interesting....and certainly would count.

The Fatal Attraction annoying neighbor could possibly turn 'enemy'...that one might get ugly.

I was originaly thinking one annoying as hell neighbor living next door...but a family? Might explain the smoking compulsion even more. 'Kelly' could certainly be a secrecy liability with her possibly blabbing about the constant 'parties' my character holds next door with her more than likely 2 INT...and 'Peggy' would always be trying to get in on the 'fun'...'Al' would prolly be the least annoying of the bunch. 'Bud' would be hell for my character, as he has the example 'Good Looking and Knows It' edge...so 'Bud' would always be trying to get pointers.

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Jun 25 2005, 08:25 PM
Post #6

Decker on the Threshold

Member No.: 6,156

Or one could go the exact opposite of the Bundys: a couple who is, *ahem*, extremely in love. As in never actually sleep. :D

(Edit) Or, for a more "normal" Annoying Neighbor, try one of my college dorm neighbors. She was really into S&M, particularly the M side. She'd meet guys online and go off for weekends with them, then tell everyone in the hall about what she did and with who. Twice in one semester she warned everyone to keep the hallway doors locked and carefully look to see who's knocking before letting anyone in; apparently she had a few guys who were out to kill her. Neither alert lasted very long though; the first one went back to his wife and three kids on Oragon after a couple weeks; the other got arrested or something, I didn't care to find out.

Did I say "normal"? :P

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Jun 25 2005, 11:42 PM
Post #7

Free Spirit

Member No.: 1,920

Make sure to give them 5 little yapping dogs that they let out individualy for 15 minutes at a time every four hours around the clock.

(Though it has gotten better since I had a talk with the neighbor.)

+Quote Post
Nyxll
post Jun 26 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,455

How about an ugly neighbour that keeps bringing home the most drop dead girls and having really loud sex all the time. Picture the booger character from revenge of the nerds.

Muahahahahahaaa

+Quote Post
pragma
post Jun 26 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 7,336

Evangelism at inopportune moments is a Shadowrunner's worst nightmare, especially if the lock on your door doesn't work all that well.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Jun 26 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #10

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

Neighbors who are psychologically incapable of minding their own bisuess. The friggin' snoop, in other words. The one with Electronics 4, Stealth 4, and nothing better to do with her time than sneak into your home and go through your things when you're not there.

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Jun 26 2005, 12:59 AM
Post #11

Decker on the Threshold

Member No.: 6,156

No no no. See, you have to keep in mind that the character is a shadowrunner; make it *too* annoying, especially security-risk annoying--and he'll either move or kill the guy. We want the neighbor to be a constant nuisance, but not someone who's so bad that it's easier to just kill the guy and hide the body. :)

+Quote Post
FrostyNSO
post Jun 26 2005, 01:13 AM
Post #12

Resident Legionnaire

...he happens to be the chief of police. (if you've got a high lifestyle)

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Jun 26 2005, 01:35 AM
Post #13

Horror

Make the annoying neighbor a bum. Always hitting the shadowrunners up for nuyen, booze, food, booze, BTLS, and did I mention booze?

+Quote Post
FrostyNSO
post Jun 26 2005, 01:38 AM
Post #14

Resident Legionnaire

Great! Be sure to find him sleeping on their front porch in the morning every once in a while too :D

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jun 26 2005, 01:47 AM
Post #15

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

Constant off key, loud singing.
Same inane greeting/joke every time he sees you.
Crying babies at all hours.
Bad cooking odors.
Lets the telcom ring, and ring even though he's home.
Light construction/remodeling at all hours.
'Runner fanboy.
Ex-wife.

+Quote Post
FrostyNSO
post Jun 26 2005, 01:47 AM
Post #16

Resident Legionnaire

QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
Constant off key, loud singing.
Same inane greeting/joke every time he sees you.
Crying babies at all hours.
Bad cooking odors.
Lets the telcom ring, and ring even though he's home.
Light construction/remodeling at all hours.
'Runner fanboy.
Ex-wife.

We used to have a filipino family that lived next door to us that covered the first 4 of those...especially the fourth.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Jun 26 2005, 02:08 AM
Post #17

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Deadbeat blond Toaster Shaman surfer hippie. The only person on the planet who still says "Dude".
Neighbor is a misnomer.
Although he sleeps next door and his mail is delievered to that address he spends most o f his life in the PC's home.
Always borrows things without asking and never bothers to return them. The only possession he has that is actually his own is his bong. Complains for days if the PC forgets to restock his bread supplies. The Shaman needs at least 2 loaves per day for rituals.

Actively attempts to convert any visitors to the PCs home to Toaster. Prints phamplets detailing the Seven Glories of Toaster and hands them out throughout the neighborhood. The PC has become a parriah because the other neighbors associate him with the Shaman.

Smokes a lot of Deepweed and Mary Jane. Keeps his pot supply in a 50 gallon garbage bag in the PC's closet.

Does not believe in pants. Doesn't believe in underwear either. Toaster likes Kilts worn the traditional way.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Jun 26 2005, 02:28 AM
Post #18

Horror

Make him a military otaku. (Note: The O is not capitalized.)

By this, I mean, this guy if fucking obcessed with everything mil, paramil, and otherwise related to military. He uses obscure jargon at wierd times, has bugle alarms to play Revielle, loud enough to wake the whole frigging floor, at 04:00 (he only uses military time in conversation,) and to lullaby him to sleep at 22:00. He has a very large collection of military arms in his home. Only, it's not the kind of stuff a Runner is going to hit up unless he's desperate in a bad way. He can't tell an Ares Predator from a Browning Max-Power, but he can and will talk your ears off at length about the comparitive pros and cons of the Thompson Submachinegun, the H&K MP-40, and the Sten gun, and he has examples of all of the above in his home, complete with a lathe and small lab to create ammunition for them. Which leads to odd mechanical noises at all times of the day and night, and he's always pestering the runners to go down the range with him and see how they can do without their fancy-schmancy schmartlinksh and laser sights.

+Quote Post
Guest_Overwatch_*
post Jun 26 2005, 03:30 AM
Post #19

Guests

What about some kind of media victim? Reporters and cameras peeking into and around their house 24/7. An occasional helicopter scanning the inside with thermal. On the spot interviews of the neighbors :) Armies of reporters surrounding the house whenever there's a flare up. Detectives sneaking into the runners yard, just so they can peek over the fence at the neighbors. Tabloid photographers, etc. etc. etc.

The same kind of media circuses we have now, except high tech and high paced for the 2060s

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jun 26 2005, 03:52 AM
Post #20

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

erkel

+Quote Post
Walknuki
post Jun 26 2005, 04:19 AM
Post #21

Target

Member No.: 6,869

Uptight Loanstar officer and his wife the ever cheery, ever nosey busy body who likes to drop by at random intervals.

+Quote Post
lollerskates
post Jun 26 2005, 06:09 AM
Post #22

Target

Member No.: 7,454

make him a Shadowrun™ roleplayer whose favoritest thing in the whole wide world is to share his misguided tabletop exploits with his best buddy from next door.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Jun 26 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #23

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Wow. A thread on annoying neighbors, and no one's mentioned Ned Flanders yet? "Hi-didly-ho, neighbor!"

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jun 26 2005, 07:15 AM
Post #24

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

I was thinking it, but I figured he'd be killed out-right

+Quote Post
Traks
post Jun 26 2005, 08:15 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,685

Yes, in Shadowrun annoying persons usually get their lead breakfast.
So annoying neighbours should be rare, due to evolution theory :P

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:21 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.