IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dunkalzahn's Spirit, What type of spirit?
Stormdrake
post Jun 25 2005, 08:14 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,623

Am working on a plot for an upcoming game and can not find any info on what type of spirit Dunalzahn became when he died. Before any one starts screaming I know that some mention was made that he became a spirit in the paperback fictions written a while back. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Stormdrake
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Jun 25 2005, 08:19 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

Dragon Ancestor. Similar in concept to the ancestor spirits that some humans can conjure, but a whole dreckload bigger and tougher.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jun 25 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Didn't we do this once upon a time?

+Quote Post
Cynic project
post Jun 26 2005, 12:10 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 6,543

Deus Ex Dragonkous!

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Jun 26 2005, 02:33 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

Cynic, if you're trying to say "The God Dragon", then it would be "Draconis Dei". If you're saying "The Dragon is God", then it's "Dei Draconum est". I think that's it. My latin is a little lacking.

+Quote Post
Cynic project
post Jun 26 2005, 03:33 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 6,543

I was trying to say god from dragons. As he is so ubber that he transcends races....

+Quote Post
Stormdrake
post Jun 27 2005, 05:14 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Ancestor spirit? Guess that does make sense. At least it gives me an idea of were to start from. Obviously not cannon but what do you think of such a spirit having a ability like Animal form or human form that allows it to take dragon form? When used with Masking the resulting being could pass itself of as a normal dragon. Well as normal as any dragon ever gets.

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Jul 4 2005, 05:17 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

QUOTE (Cynic project)
I was trying to say god from dragons. As he is so ubber that he transcends races....

Hm, let me check my Latin dictionary...........

God=Deus, From=ex, Dragon=Draco, thus God from Dragon would be Deus ex Draco (Day-oos Echs Dray-coh). Huh, you were fairly close. :eek: Sorry if I offended, glad to have helped.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 4 2005, 07:47 AM
Post #9

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

Obviously not cannon but what do you think of such a spirit having a ability like Animal form or human form that allows it to take dragon form? When used with Masking the resulting being could pass itself of as a normal dragon. Well as normal as any dragon ever gets.

Well, in canon, he has no time to manifest and interact with anyone because he is too busy fighting off horrors at the bridge metaplane from Harley's back (it's not like we didn't do that already! :S ).

However, as a spirit, since he is an ancient great dragon and (former) dragon loremaster, meaning he was likely the single most well educated magical entity on Earth, he could have any powerhe wanted to. As dragons go though an astral-only phase in their life anyway, gaining spirit foprm is easier forthem than for flesh-bound metahumans, hence his dragon attributes should enter into the spirit form, too.

When used with masking, given that Dunky was a nth grade initiate (n =< 200), he could pass as any kind of creature whose form he chooses to assume. Yes, theoretically, you could make a roll to see through that. But realistically? Ahem.

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Jul 5 2005, 05:50 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,950

Hmm, ansestor spirit... I like this idea.
Side question, could you summon an ansestor spirit and give it a body?

GW wants his brother back........

Did the outcast from earthdawn die?

Edit: And how do you do that spoiler tage in case my players read this? :vegm:

+Quote Post
Nyxll
post Jul 5 2005, 01:15 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,455

does this mean that the new cult following he has is giving him Karma so that he can initiate faster?

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 5 2005, 01:39 PM
Post #12

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Stormdrake
post Jul 6 2005, 03:56 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

See that was what I was thinking. Between the Rift and the Cult some karma should be making it to Dunkelzahn the spirit. I kinda look at the Dunkelzahn's Rift like Graceland and Elvis. People know Elvis is dead but they still go to his home to "worship" him.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:19 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.