IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My search fu is weak..., Lookin for a link...
Kyuhan
post Jun 30 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,628

Awhile ago somebody posted a link to a video clip of all the ways kids can sneak weapons into schools and why dress codes were important, it was a thread about concealability I think. Anyhoo my bro doesn't believe it and I can't find the clip after at least 34 different attempts at searching the forum. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jun 30 2005, 08:36 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 5,776

I believe this thread is what you are talking about, but the link to the video clip doesn't seem to work anymore.

Edit: Just found the video in that sites archives.

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jun 30 2005, 08:58 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

OK, the shotgun out of his ass was impressive.

+Quote Post
Kyuhan
post Jul 1 2005, 03:49 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,628

HAHA Thanks! :D

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Jul 1 2005, 04:18 AM
Post #5

Traumatizing players since 1992

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 220

That clip is 99% bullshit. He couldn't actually walk with all that stuff. It's easy to conceal damn near anything with a fixed camera position and a good setup.

+Quote Post
BGMFH
post Jul 1 2005, 04:37 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,018

the shot gun WAS a nice touch,

but, a tucked in, uniform polo shirt and dress pants still leaves plenty of room for a skeleton holster, and ankle sheath, etc.

+Quote Post
Smiley
post Jul 1 2005, 04:42 AM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 6,191

"What's to stop you blowing your bollocks off every time you sit down?"

+Quote Post
Eldritch
post Jul 1 2005, 04:59 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,139

Yeah, I'd like to see him walk around abit woth all that

Clank-clank-Clank

"Johnny, do you have an arsenal of guns stuffed in your pants?"

"No sir, thats just my lunch money."

"Ah, Ok then."

+Quote Post
SpasticTeapot
post Jul 1 2005, 05:20 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,893

QUOTE (Eldritch)

Clank-clank-Clank

"Ah, Ok then."

This reminds me of the time I took a large steel mallet (12+ lbs.) with me to high school. Few things are more priceless than the look on the secretary's face when I said: "Hello, I'm here to check my hammer."

On the topic of weaponry, I have little doubt that I could create a firebomb in an Altoids tin which could easily start a fire that could take out the whole school. (The trick is to put it near something flammable...such as the oxycetylene torches they used to keep in the art metal room).

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jul 1 2005, 12:54 PM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

I'd be shocked if you could get a canister to rupture. If you opened the valves and got the right O2 mix, maybe.

+Quote Post
Botch
post Jul 1 2005, 02:21 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,538

DELETED

This post has been edited by Botch: Jul 1 2005, 02:24 PM

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jul 1 2005, 02:27 PM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

Sure. Most of the time the person that uses a weapon at a secure or inspected facility comes in guns blazing anyway. Sneaking it in is dangerous, but we seldom hear about the kid going to their locker to get the weapons, just running in a going crazy.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Jul 1 2005, 02:27 PM
Post #13

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

QUOTE (BitBasher)
That clip is 99% bullshit. He couldn't actually walk with all that stuff. It's easy to conceal damn near anything with a fixed camera position and a good setup.

More like 99% Fear Mongering. ;)

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Jul 1 2005, 02:38 PM
Post #14

Chicago Survivor

Member No.: 6,033

QUOTE (SpasticTeapot)
QUOTE (Eldritch @ Jun 30 2005, 11:59 PM)

Clank-clank-Clank

"Ah, Ok then."

This reminds me of the time I took a large steel mallet (12+ lbs.) with me to high school. Few things are more priceless than the look on the secretary's face when I said: "Hello, I'm here to check my hammer."

On the topic of weaponry, I have little doubt that I could create a firebomb in an Altoids tin which could easily start a fire that could take out the whole school. (The trick is to put it near something flammable...such as the oxycetylene torches they used to keep in the art metal room).

Oh that brings back memories.
Kid at my HS (pre-Colombine) did a report on Feudal japan, and the teacher was handing out extra credit for props brought in, expecting innocous things like pottery, etchings, etc. This kid brought in a No-Dachi, though he did contact the campus cop prior and made the necessary arrangements.

A friend of mine did a "How to" speech on laying seige to a castle. Built a working scale model of a Trebuche (it was about a foot tall), the smart ass teacher asked him to proved the little thing worked. So he fired a small clay ball (for just this purpose) and smacked the wall behind the teacher, just above his head.

Another buddy, with a similair report, built a ballista (though he called it a cross-bow) using the leaf-spring off a VW Bug. His target was the school's old 1.5 ft thickness brick wall that was going to be torn down later that day and replaced. Fired a piece of rebar through it and handed it to the campus cop without so much as a word. He knew it would work, but nobody believed him.

Another buddy at my HS did a How-to on making nitro glycerine (yes, strange friends) but his was done as a joke. At one point in the speech, he stated something to the effect "If the mixture begins to smoke, leave the area immediately, as it is going to explode." As he is giving the speech, he has been adding things to a bowl that you can't see into, but they were all harmless mock-ups. Inside the bowl was a piece of dry ice, the last ingredient he added was some water as he stepped around the table to give the warning, and on queue, thick creepy smoke begins pouring out of the bowl. At which he runs out of the room. I just wish I could have had that class as I knew the joke (and told him about the dry-ice and water bit)

+Quote Post
sanctusmortis
post Jul 1 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 7,444

Is said video the post-Columbine video made by some uniform corp? If so, it is massively scaremongering. Sure, it is massively easy to slip weapons in in trenchcoats and baggy jeans - but they still have to be quite small. Pistols in leg holsters, for instance.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Jul 1 2005, 04:02 PM
Post #16

Free Spirit

Member No.: 1,920

So is your title fu.

A good title or description would help next time some poor slob goes looking for the link.

- And get of my yard!!!

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jul 1 2005, 04:11 PM
Post #17

Runner

Member No.: 5,776

QUOTE (tisoz)
So is your title fu.

A good title or description would help next time some poor slob goes looking for the link.

- And get of my yard!!!

He wasn't trying to create a link for future reference. I would imagine he was figuring that anybody else looking for this would look for the original thread, which in fact had a pretty appropriate title of "Weapon Concealability, Conceal 6 my ass."

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Jul 1 2005, 05:55 PM
Post #18

Free Spirit

Member No.: 1,920

How about How many guns can I stick down my pants for a thread title, and Looking for a link to that video for a description? That would make it easier to find than either as they stand.

As it is, he could be searching for almost anything based only on the vague title. It is right up there with such titles as:
I have a question
I was wondering
A few questions
4 questions and a comment
The 6th world is closer than you think (followed by nothing more than a nondescriptive link).

And, yes, I know pointing it out is rude, but if no one lets a new guy know, he may keep performing the same act in ignorance.

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Jul 1 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #19

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
I'd be shocked if you could get a canister to rupture. If you opened the valves and got the right O2 mix, maybe.

One word: Thermite.

+Quote Post
John Campbell
post Jul 2 2005, 12:01 AM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 3,581

QUOTE (Nikoli)
Another buddy, with a similair report, built a ballista (though he called it a cross-bow) using the leaf-spring off a VW Bug.  His target was the school's old 1.5 ft thickness brick wall that was going to be torn down later that day and replaced.  Fired a piece of rebar through it and handed it to the campus cop without so much as a word.  He knew it would work, but nobody believed him.

My senior year of high school, I built a small scale model of a Roman torsion ballista for Latin class. Wasn't very big... less than a foot across, used rubber bands for the torsion skeins. It'd throw a pencil across the room, though not hard enough to really hurt. However, the Latin Club a couple years later - with the Latin teacher's full knowledge and cooperation - built a full-scale one based on my model, and took it out on the deck behind the Latin classroom and started lobbing broomsticks out across the parking lot with it. When one of the vice-principals showed up looking to bust some heads, she found the Latin Club crewing the siege engine, with the Latin teacher standing by, wearing her Roman cavalry helmet, and pointing out targets and shouting exhortations in Latin.

And my chemistry teacher senior year taught us how to make thermite and we mixed some up and set the bus parking lot on fire with it. It's pretty impressive stuff... we had about a quarter-inch in the bottom of a tuna can, and used a strip of magnesium as a fuse to set it off. As bright as magnesium burns, when it hit the thermite, it got even brighter, and there was a wave of heat that, from twenty feet away, felt like standing next to a bonfire. It was pouring rain, and the thermite flash-boiled a sizable circle of pavement dry, and lit the asphalt where it was sitting on fire, the which continued to smoulder for a while after the thermite itself burned out, until eventually the rain put it out.

Thermite is also trivially easy to make. The prices and Availabilities given in M&M are totally cracksmoking.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:12 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.