IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transform TN?, Calculating TN for small critters.
jacklind
post Jul 2 2005, 08:33 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,138

Tramsform is a pretty smart/fun way of disarming a person. There’s one thing I don’t really get though. The way you calculate the TN.

According to MitSm pg. 148 the TN for shapechanging/tramsforming a person (body 3) into a tiger (body 8) is 6. [3:2=1, 1+ (8-3)]. But what if you want to make a person smaller? The more you enlarg the harder it gets. Makes sense. But the smaller you make at person the easier or what? A person (body 3) into a Critter (body 2) [3:2=1, 1+(2-3)]????? Do you just turn the two last numbers around?

Hope you can help.

Jack

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Jul 2 2005, 08:52 AM
Post #2

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

I turn the numbers around, I know at least one other does not.

Targets with lower bodies will have lower TNs and transforming to something with the same Body will have lower thresholds.

I have not had a magic user take this spell since it got revised for SR3, but if I did and was using it to neutralize an enemy, I would transform them into something of about the same Body size. Something without sharp teeth or claws if possible, or something that needs water for movement.The average Goats are Body 2, Deer are Body 4, a shark is Body 6 for purposes of threshold. So when casting, announce that you want to change them into a similar size critter of that type, and you may get the GM to adjust the size to fall withing the +/- 50% size critters can fluctuate between. (Hope that made sense.) You may wonder why I would choose a shark. If there is room to avoid it, it isn't going anywhere when on land. My other Body 6 or 8ish critter is a cow, but there are no stats for them.

[edit] stupid mistake [/edit]

This post has been edited by tisoz: Jul 2 2005, 02:35 PM

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jul 2 2005, 10:20 AM
Post #3

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Your target number is your targets body attribute. You calculate the threshold (number of needed successes).

Base: half target body attribute, round down (3/2 = 1,5) = 1

Size modifier: difference of body attributes (3-2) = +1

Result: You need at least two net successes against TN 3

+Quote Post
jacklind
post Jul 2 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 7,138

Thanks for the replies. I think it all makes sense ;)

+Quote Post
Rev
post Jul 3 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,034

It is also probably a good idea to house rule that really really small things are either just illegal, or have effective negative body attributes for the computation.

Don't want people turning into a microscopic nemotode or something too easily, if at all.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:27 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.