Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Runner Havens, Book mentioned on download
Starglyte
post Jul 7 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,317

Just got done listening to the Origins report( thanks Adam) and what gots my interest the most is the location sourcebook Runner Havens. It was mentioned that Seattle and another city would be detailed while some extra cities mentioned with some comments. I think this is a good idea. Besides the main rulebook, this is the 4th edition book I'm looking forward to the most. Lets see a list of cities you would like to see in some of these upcoming books( there is a second book of cities planned as well).
To start off:
San Antonio, Occupied Texas- Because I live there.
Cheyenne, Sioux Nation- Would be interesting to see life in the NAN
Portland, Tir Tairngire- Elves and why everybody else hates them.
Chiba, Imperial Japan- Because cyberpunk tradition demands it.
Vladivostok, Russia- With the a border war going on, Corps moving in, and not quite communists, how can you go wrong?

Whats your wish list?

On another note, there was no word on Shadows of Latin America. Any news?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synner
post Jul 7 2005, 02:29 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 185

Due to several unexpected complications and difficulties that arose during development and the fact that production had to go ahead on several other important scheduled books Shadows of Latin America has been delayed indefinitely and FanPro is considering various options so the fans will still get to see the material.

+Quote Post
Starglyte
post Jul 7 2005, 02:53 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Bummer. But thank you for the quick reply.

+Quote Post
Bigity
post Jul 7 2005, 02:55 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,024

San Antonio would rock as a default setting. Or some sprawl in Texas/CAS.

Vladivostok would be good for a smuggling-type game.

I dunno if I would particularly care for an Asian or European setting though, but I bet one is, as a nod to the German players.

+Quote Post
Penta
post Jul 7 2005, 03:23 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 500

<sobs> Not Germany, nooooooo.

(Meanwhile: I hate this. I have no speakers or other output device for sound from my PC...:()

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 7 2005, 04:00 PM
Post #6

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

My wish list:

- Seattle. It's Shadowrun, so Seattle has to be there, if only as a nod to all the imported SR3 characters.
- Metropole, Amazonia. A megasprawl on the brink of collapse, a gargantuan favela, ruled by eco-fascists. A wholly different take on the standard little-man-vs-evil-powers-that-be idea.
- Lisbon. Portugal is the gateway to Europe after all, the coolest setting there, and a great place to run all kinds of campaigns from, including merc campaigns.
- Hong Kong. Because it is arguably the coolest city ever. also a gateway to China and Asia in general.
- Tir Taingire (the revolution is coming!). Mainly rebel campaigns under fascist rule.
- Neo Tokyo. Cyberpunk tradition just demands it. Besides, it is the highest-tech setting imaginable, and great to play police, intelligence or sneaky campaigns (I imagine security there is tedious, this is JIS after all!)

Furthermore, a bit more background on either Johannisburg, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Denver, the Rust Belt, NAN cities, Oslo, Bern, Vienna, Paris, Vladivostok and maybe (if the German authors really fix the setting to playable state) Germany would be nice. But not mandatory.

+Quote Post
Starglyte
post Jul 7 2005, 04:02 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

From the download, Seattle is one of the cities. Was there any doubt it would not be? I agree with Metropole. The urban and natural jungle clashing. There could be a lot of stories there.

I like to add Toronto, UCAS- Very little is known about the Canadian part of UCAS.

+Quote Post
Cynic project
post Jul 7 2005, 04:24 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 6,543

QUOTE (hermit @ Jul 7 2005, 11:00 AM)

- Neo Tokyo. Cyberpunk tradition just demands it. Besides, it is the highest-tech setting imaginable, and great to play police, intelligence or sneaky campaigns (I imagine security there is tedious, this is JIS after all!)

You out of the shadowrun pool now. Neo-Tokyo is like Ally spirit that are..I can't say it, but you all know what I mean. Really, Neo-Tokyo should never happen not only because Japan is falling from power, but because this ain't the 80's anymore. Japan had 5 of 8 AAA's, one of them was the number 2 corp in the world. Now it has 3 of 10. The UCAS has 2.

Cities that I would love to see that haven't been would be New York, Mexico City (Like I am going o bow down to Aztech..) And Vatican.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 7 2005, 04:32 PM
Post #9

The King In Yellow

The UCAS has 2? Oh yeah, itsy-bitsy Novatech ... 1/3 of an actual megacorp that magically retained Fuchi's ICC seat (and one that is likely to die in the changeover).

I'd like to see settings all over the world, on all major continents. The current setting is too NA-centered to begin with! And in SR, Japan still is the world's only superpower. Having a possible setting there is only logical.

And Vatican.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have you EVER been there? That'd be one hell of a SR setting, being a whooping FOUR FUCKING CITY BLOCS large!!!

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Jul 7 2005, 04:38 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

Based on what has gone before, Denver would be my first choice after Seattle.

For the other four, as long as there's at least one in Europe and one in Asia, I really don't care.

+Quote Post
Cynic project
post Jul 7 2005, 04:45 PM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 6,543

QUOTE (hermit)
The UCAS has 2? Oh yeah, itsy-bitsy Novatech ... 1/3 of an actual megacorp that magically retained Fuchi's ICC seat (and one that is likely to die in the changeover).

I'd like to see settings all over the world, on all major continents. The current setting is too NA-centered to begin with! And in SR, Japan still is the world's only superpower. Having a possible setting there is only logical.

And Vatican.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have you EVER been there? That'd be one hell of a SR setting, being a whooping FOUR FUCKING CITY BLOCS large!!!

Um, it is the smallest the 13 biggest corp in the world. It is the smallest AAA. But the only AA that is said to be bigger than it is ZIC, and ZIC is about as big as Cross or Wuxing. Should those be counted as being small?

And the Vtican was a joke. Unlike Neo-Tokyo it's real.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 7 2005, 04:50 PM
Post #12

The King In Yellow

Eh ... The Eurocorps are underrated anyway ... it's a bit of a mess, really. Germany SB made many way bigger than they ought to have been (and completely marginalised SK). London SB introduced ZIC, which was only marginally better.

AAA status isn't related to size only, however.

Unlike Neo-Tokyo it's real.

Sorry, Neotokyo got a mention in LA, so as far as SR is concerned, it's real, too.

+Quote Post
SL James
post Jul 7 2005, 05:24 PM
Post #13

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

QUOTE (Starglyte)
San Antonio, Occupied Texas- Because I live there.

I'm sorry, but I think you misspelled Mexico.

QUOTE (Synner)
Due to several unexpected complications and difficulties that arose during development and the fact that production had to go ahead on several other important scheduled books Shadows of Latin America has been delayed indefinitely and FanPro is considering various options so the fans will still get to see the material.

That sucks.

Anyway, my list.

Seattle - Why not? Never heard a peep out of Seattle in SR.

Santa Fe - Because I'd like to see them explain what's written about it from the old NAN volume 1 and the PCC chapter of Shadows of North America.

Bogotá - I can't be alone in wanting to know more about a city split between Amazonia and freakin' Aztlan.

Hong Kong - Because it's always seemed more interesting than Japan.

Moscow - I like Russians.

London - Great city, even (maybe especially) with the pseudo-fascist government.

Whichever city replaced Tehran as the capital of Iran. I like Persians, too.

+Quote Post
Starglyte
post Jul 7 2005, 05:40 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Nope, I think the area south of Occupied Texas is spelled Aztlan, but I have been wrong before. Soon it will all be Texas again. Real soon.<Sons of Alamo propaganda>

You are right on one thing though. Russians are cool. Is St. Petersburg called Leningrad in SR? Anybody know?

+Quote Post
Taki
post Jul 7 2005, 05:43 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,343

Pragues for mixing old town, very old forest with high tech. Close to russians as well ...

+Quote Post
Synner
post Jul 7 2005, 06:37 PM
Post #16

Runner

Note that SoA will cover a lot of the sprawls mentioned above, though in nowhere near the same detail as the SR4 setting books will.

For the record my list is:
Seattle
Metropole
Lisbon (I'm biased though)
Prague
Hong Kong
Neo-Tokyo

+Quote Post
Cheops
post Jul 7 2005, 06:56 PM
Post #17

Shooting Target

Member No.: 392

The only problem with adding Japan as a setting is that it would be hard to run a group there unless it contains no metahumans. Here's my wish list:

Seattle
Denver
Metropole
Calcutta
Constantinople
Lisbon

+Quote Post
SL James
post Jul 7 2005, 06:57 PM
Post #18

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

QUOTE (Starglyte)
Nope, I think the area south of Occupied Texas is spelled Aztlan, but I have been wrong before. Soon it will all be Texas again. Real soon.<Sons of Alamo propaganda>

You are right on one thing though. Russians are cool. Is St. Petersburg called Leningrad in SR? Anybody know?

I meant IRL, though.

And it's still called St. Petersburg. At least, it was in Smuggler Havens.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 7 2005, 07:14 PM
Post #19

The King In Yellow

Well, a new Republic of Texas (maybe under a new Antonio López de Santa Anna ;) ) would certainly be an interesting addition to the NA map. Maybe forged in a CAS/Aztlan war that leaves both countries devastated?

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Jul 7 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #20

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,992

Seattle
Metropole
Hong Kong
Neo Tokyo
One Eurocity (Paris, Lisbon or Rome... could be London or Prague)
Constantinople
One East Coast city (Washington DC, mainly)

My secret wish, though:

Mars

This post has been edited by JongWK: Jul 7 2005, 07:55 PM

+Quote Post
Starglyte
post Jul 7 2005, 08:02 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

QUOTE (SL James)
QUOTE (Starglyte @ Jul 7 2005, 11:40 AM)

I meant IRL, though.

And it's still called St. Petersburg. At least, it was in Smuggler Havens.

Sorry I missed the joke. I am from Texas after all.

+Quote Post
SL James
post Jul 7 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #22

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

NP, Starglyte.

QUOTE (JongWK)
One East Coast city (Washington DC, mainly)

Why? The only thing going on there according to Shadows of North America is politics. It's not like there are any businesses or industries in the Washington metro area. No IT sector. No biomedical industry. Nothing's going on in DeeCee.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Jul 7 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #23

Runner

That might change soon enough...

+Quote Post
SL James
post Jul 7 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #24

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

It should have never been that way.

The DeeCee section of the UCAS chapter was nothing more than a mental abortion, and I can figure that out just from reading copies of the Washington Business Journal.

+Quote Post
Clyde
post Jul 8 2005, 04:50 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,237

Miami. 8)

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2021 - 06:58 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.