Reply to this topicStart new topic
> System Failure: Release Date
kryton
post Aug 4 2005, 02:06 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,874

Anyone have any idea when System Failure is going to get released or when it's slated?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Aug 4 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #2

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

Since it's meant to be the run-up book for v4.0 I assume that it'll be relased at GenCon along with the main book.

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Aug 4 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 5,776

Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-ups!~the only good line in a horrendously horrible movie.

Actually, I would hope that it would come out before the release of SR4, but it really does seem like it is specifically being avoided in mentions of release dates. So I do have my doubts.

+Quote Post
kryton
post Aug 4 2005, 08:30 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,874

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'm guessing it was an afterthought to the 4th edition Gencon release. Too bad too because I was really looking forward to the book......I would have thought it had priority over Shadows of Asia.....Then again I haven't had enough beer.

+Quote Post
SL James
post Aug 4 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #5

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

No, beer isn't necessary. A book wrapping up Third Edition should have definitely taken priority over Shadows of Asia.

Or maybe I'm just not excited about Asia and didn't plan to buy that book like I was hoping to buy System Failure.

As far as I am concerned the book is on indefinite delay like the Latin America book when it should have been done by Origins and released in time for a short lead-in to the release of Fourth Edition at Gencon. It could have helped build suspense and further the storyline and maybe, unlikely, but maybe, cool some of the hostility around Fourth Edition (although the fact that a lot of those people left has made visiting Dumpshock a lot easier).

That's just my opinion.

This post has been edited by SL James: Aug 5 2005, 12:11 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:57 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.