Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Magic in the Shadows, Available my backside
Tinman
post Aug 10 2005, 01:18 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,060

Hello. I've gotten into this game kinda late, and have lately been in scramble to get together all the third edition core rule books before 4th edition hits and they're all out of print (just in case). So far I have all except Magic in the Shadows, which I cannot find for the life of me.

I've checked the Shadowrun website and it's listed as being available in its 4th reprinting, but everywhere I go it's not available to order. I was able to find some used for sale on amazon.com for around $50.00 but I'd prefer not to pay that much unless I absolutely have to.

So am I just being impatient and it will be on shelves again soon, or should I just suck it up and get a .pdf/pay $50?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Aug 10 2005, 01:24 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

Check e-bay. There will be some who like the new version enough to pawn all their old books for more cash to spend on the new core books. Of all content in any SR edition, the core rulebooks have the least continued value after a new edition is released.

Whether it's better to buy/sell now or after SR4 hits the streets, I can't say, but I would expect all the old rulebooks to show up there sometime in the next month or so.

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Aug 10 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

I had a player looking for it about 9 months ago, who had an extremely hard time tracking down a copy also. If you need it right away, I'd grab the PDF. If you can wait, I imagine it'll be much cheaper on eBay in about 6-8 months.

Alternatively, it looks like Titangames has two used copies available at the moment. One for $10, the other for $20. Mind you, by the time you see this msg, both may be gone.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Aug 10 2005, 05:01 AM
Post #4

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

If you want to save a bit of money, and don't mind pdf's, click on the link in my sig to go to Drivethrurpg.com, and download a [legit] copy for cheap.

+Quote Post
Fygg Nuuton
post Aug 10 2005, 05:22 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,989

I plan on selling all of my third edition material after i read, and convert fully, to fourth edition

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:15 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.