IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dragon Shamans, Dragon Totem, Big D from the beyound?
Stormdrake
post Aug 13 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,623

Just a idea I am toying with. Have a player who is going to play a shaman and she is thinking of taking the totem of Dragon. Its listed as a possible totem in Europe but the game is going to start in DC. So my thoughts are what if the totem that is guiding her is in fact the spirit of Dunkelzahn? I know according to the fiction that his spirit is still running around and as I happen to like the idea of the horrors it could work very well as a tie in. Besides Shamans are considered kinda nuts anyway how much more so when the shaman is claiming to be guided by a dead president? Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cynic project
post Aug 13 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 6,543

And how would this be diffrent than say shamans who follow Oden, Thor,Mars,The moon, Wolf, Dog, insect spirits.. I think think would be wrong for you the GM to say beyound a showdow of s dought that it is big D. You can have the shaman believ it is big d. ou cna even hint at it, but don't out right say it.

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Aug 13 2005, 08:28 PM
Post #3

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

IIRC Year of the Comet details some Church who follow the spirit of Dunkie, and I think it gives details for shamans of such a path. I don't remember very clearly, check that book.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Aug 14 2005, 03:23 AM
Post #4

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

There are also those that do follow Ryumyo, not dragon, so there's certainly precedent. I like the idea of it being more "I follow the totem of Dunkelzahn the President" than "Dunklzehan the Dragon" just for pure nutiness factor.

+Quote Post
SL James
post Aug 14 2005, 09:25 AM
Post #5

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

Children of the Dragon.

I don't really understand how it could be limited to Europe since the first person (AFAIK) to claim to follow Dragon was the founder of COTD while he was maintaining vigil in *ahem* DeeCee.

+Quote Post
Cynic project
post Aug 14 2005, 03:47 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 6,543

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
There are also those that do follow Ryumyo, not dragon, so there's certainly precedent. I like the idea of it being more "I follow the totem of Dunkelzahn the President" than "Dunklzehan the Dragon" just for pure nutiness factor.

Just as there are people who follow Odin and not Sky Father....

This is shadowrun and wile you may give names to the totems you follow, those names don't change the totem you follow. Calling the Lover, Venus doens't make it the Roman goddess of love. Calling the dragon totem Ryumo, Big D, Lung... doesn't make it anything other than the dragon totem.

And the Children of Dragon have branches all over the NA..maybe not so much in the tir but i will have look into it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:32 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.