IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Friends in Melee Question, night of the thousand ninjas...
Game2BHappy
post Sep 22 2003, 03:14 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,355

If 4 opponents attack a character (in melee) as a coordinated group, do they all get the friends in melee bonus on their first attack?

or...

Does the first one roll normal, and (if he survives), the next one gets the -1, and (if those two survive) the next one gets -2, etc. ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gorath
post Sep 22 2003, 03:51 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,292

I would allow every one the -4 bonus, because the defender does not know who will act first...

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Sep 22 2003, 03:59 PM
Post #3

Traumatizing players since 1992

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 220

I do it both ways depending on circumstances, If they are all in arms reach when the fight starts then flat -4... If they are each running up to join on their actions then it stages up as each one arrives.

+Quote Post
Dogsoup
post Sep 22 2003, 10:55 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 806

I'll go with Gorath, since the close combat rules are admittedly even more abstract than the rules for gunfire.
It's a big brawl, not 5 bots with initative scores.

+Quote Post
RedmondLarry
post Sep 23 2003, 07:39 AM
Post #5

Senior GM

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 4,442

We play that if the attackers each run up on their own initiative phase, the TNs are based on how many attackers have reached the target at that time. But that if the attackers use Delay Action on their initiative (perhaps glancing into each other's eyes while they delay, like in the movies) then they can all move up together and all get the friends-in-melee bonus.

+Quote Post
kenny26
post Sep 23 2003, 08:13 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 5,549

i think this question is already answered by what the book tells you.
it's obvious that you don't gain the friends in melee combat bonus if they're not there by the time you strike.
but if they are already there (i.e. they're faster than you) then the bonus would count.

and i find OurDream's last post a very interesting idea. actually, i'd like to steal that move for my next run! :D

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:12 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.