IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ETA of street magic, when will it come...?
maeel
post Aug 25 2005, 08:52 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,586

i know this might be a 'bit' early, but does anyone have a clue, when street magic is supposed to hit the streets?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 25 2005, 10:20 AM
Post #2

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

I would guess 12/2005 or early 2006. They still have to put ot SoLA and the location book (forget the title) before that.

Oh, and System Failure. :D

+Quote Post
Nemo
post Aug 25 2005, 10:27 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 2,102

@Grinder
The Locations Book is called "Runners Heaven"

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 25 2005, 10:42 AM
Post #4

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Thanks. :)

+Quote Post
Ranneko
post Aug 25 2005, 12:25 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,984

I thought it was called "Runner Havens"

+Quote Post
winterhawk11
post Aug 25 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 864

I'm not sure when Street Magic is due out, but before it come the GM Screen/Booklet, Runner Havens, and On the Run (unless the schedule changes), all of which are currently being written.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 25 2005, 03:14 PM
Post #7

Great, I'm a Dragon...

And System Failure. And SoLA. That's a lot. Hm, Street Magic in the end of 2006, given their speed on releases? :eek:

+Quote Post
Demonseed Elite
post Aug 25 2005, 03:19 PM
Post #8

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 67

SoLA will not be a normal book release, so it doesn't really factor into the schedule. And as far as I know, System Failure is effectively done, and is just caught up in the whole printing/distribution process.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 25 2005, 04:51 PM
Post #9

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Oh, that's the first time i read some information about the status of it here. Somewhere was mentioned that's it's written, ok, but no information if it's already been shipped.

Seems to me as if FanPro don't want it to get sold, as they're making no big rumour about it...

+Quote Post
winterhawk11
post Aug 25 2005, 07:40 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 864

QUOTE (Grinder)
Oh, that's the first time i read some information about the status of it here. Somewhere was mentioned that's it's written, ok, but no information if it's already been shipped.

Seems to me as if FanPro don't want it to get sold, as they're making no big rumour about it...

System Failure is done. Anything making it late at this point is printer/binder/distributor issues. I don't know exactly when it'll be out (I know they tried to have it for Gen Con but it didn't work out, so it's got to be reasonably close) but I suspect we'll be hearing something about it pretty soon.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 25 2005, 09:03 PM
Post #11

Prime Runner

Member No.: 51

We tried to get some copies done via a Print on Demand service for GenCon, and they told us they would have X number of copies for Wednesday, and in their world X = 0. Then they could us they would have X-Y on Friday, and that was also 0.

System Failure /is/ finished and will be going to press very soon.

As mentioned at the What's up with FanPro seminar, Shadows of Latin America will be released online-only via the HoloStreets.com service when it launches later this year.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Aug 25 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #12

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

QUOTE (Adam)
We tried to get some copies done via a Print on Demand service for GenCon, and they told us they would have X number of copies for Wednesday, and in their world X = 0.

lol :wobble:

+Quote Post
mintcar
post Aug 25 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #13

Karma Police

Member No.: 6,505

What´s Holostreet? My google search didn´t give any clues and the webb page itself has no usefull info.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 25 2005, 09:35 PM
Post #14

Prime Runner

Member No.: 51

HoloStreets is a subscription Shadowrun service, run by the same guys and similar to the BattleCorps.com service for Classic BattleTech. It will have fiction and game material available on a subscription basis, and likely some other perks for subscribers as well. It will probably launch later this year.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 25 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #15

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

So to get access to Shadows of Latin America we must purchase a HoloStreets subscription?

P.S. Back to work. Daddy wants his shiny, new PDF. :P

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 26 2005, 09:46 AM
Post #16

Great, I'm a Dragon...

QUOTE (Adam)
System Failure /is/ finished and will be going to press very soon.

As mentioned at the What's up with FanPro seminar, Shadows of Latin America will be released online-only via the HoloStreets.com service when it launches later this year.

SF goes to press soon, means we can expect it in our FLGS at october?

I don't like the online-only version of SoLA. Refused to buy PDFs until today (prefer the "real" books) and don't wanna do so for SoLA (or buying an access to a website where the sb is put online). :|

+Quote Post
otaku mike
post Aug 26 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 332

But the crux of the problem here is simple: how many people would buy a setting book written before the Second Crash, now that SR4 is released and the official timeline has been forwarded 5 years in the future? My guess: not enough to cover the printing costs.
Furthermore, it unfortunately makes little sense, commercially speaking, to release a product made for a "defunct" line. In a sum, it would be awkward to release a SR3 book now that we're in the SR4 era, even if said book is still 95% useable with SR4 (and actually is even necessary to understand a few things referenced in SR4 corebook).

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 26 2005, 12:23 PM
Post #18

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Sad but true.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Aug 26 2005, 01:06 PM
Post #19

Running, running, running

Member No.: 6,769

the other advantage an online resource like that has, is that it can be updated (and i imagine it will be if its a subscription service, so that instead of saying in '75 that latin america looks like X in 2070, so i guess it's the same, the devs can continually update things, so that everyone's interested can see whre the drug carels are, what local wars are goigng on/are resolved etc etc. Personally, i kindof think that it's a good model for any sort of "locale" book.

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Aug 26 2005, 01:59 PM
Post #20

Technomancer

Member No.: 3,374

QUOTE (Grinder)
[QUOTE=Adam,Aug 25 2005, 10:03 PM] I don't like the online-only version of SoLA. Refused to buy PDFs until today (prefer the "real" books) and don't wanna do so for SoLA (or buying an access to a website where the sb is put online). :|

Kinko's and similar businesses will print and bind pdf's. Kinko's charges by the side of the page, though, so it's often better to print somewhere else if you can do so for free and then Kinko's will spiral bind it for like six bucks. Really a very nice way to save some money by purchasing PDFs and still get physical books out of the deal, often for less than the full price of the original book.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 26 2005, 03:37 PM
Post #21

Great, I'm a Dragon...

I never heard of Kinko here in germany, but here are probably similar shops. But why pay 20$ for a PDF, print it at home (which costs money for ink and paper) and get it bound for another 5$ when the price for the physical book is ~28$? Nothing i would do.

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Aug 26 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #22

Technomancer

Member No.: 3,374

Text searchable PDF document allowing your printed book to be amoung the players while you -- if you have a laptop or accessible computer -- can be using the PDF. I've actually got hard copy, printed copies, and PDF copies of almost all the SR3 "core" books for that very reason. Course the obsolete now but that doesn't take away from their usefullness over the past few months.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Aug 26 2005, 03:47 PM
Post #23

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

QUOTE (Grinder)
I never heard of Kinko here in germany, but here are probably similar shops. But why pay 20$ for a PDF, print it at home (which costs money for ink and paper) and get it bound for another 5$ when the price for the physical book is ~28$? Nothing i would do.

Because then you can use Find to make up for crappy indexes. Plus assuming it costs mony for printing is only applicable some times. It is a employee perk for some people, though 350+ pages might be frowned upon at some places.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 26 2005, 04:35 PM
Post #24

Great, I'm a Dragon...

I still don't see an advantage to buy a PDF, print it and get it out bound over buying a "real" book. For me it's not worth the few $/€ i save if i'd buy the PDF.

+Quote Post
Spookymonster
post Aug 26 2005, 04:40 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,638

The idea behind buying the PDF isn't to save a few bucks and print it yourself. If that's the only reason someone buys the PDF, they're either:
a) wasting money
b) underutilizing an excellent reference resource
c) a complete tool
d) All of the Above

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:25 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.