Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holostreets & SoLA
Zen Shooter01
post Aug 27 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,042

Shadowrunrpg.com has an announcement about a new SR-support website going up called Holostreets. The big news is that SoLA, or at least big pieces of it, is going to be released as FREE pdf downloads via this new site.

The new site is supposed to be on the model of Battlecorps.com.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tweak
post Aug 28 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,622

When I click on Holostreets, I ended up subscribing to a list that so far has had no activity.

Do you know anything else?

tweak

+Quote Post
SL James
post Aug 28 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #3

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

QUOTE (Official Shadowrun RPG website)

Many of you have wondered what ever happened to Shadows of Latin America, which was originally on our schedule for release before SR4. Unfortunately, due to several unexpected delays and problems, it became clear to us that we were not going to be able to release SOLA before SR4, and the decision was made not to release it in print form, but as a PDF instead. Appropriately enough, a new website fiction subscription called Holostreets has been in the works (see press release below)–similar to BattleCorps but for Shadowrun–so we are happy to announce that you will see SOLA released as a set of free serial downloads as a promotion for Holostreets.

Here’s the press release for Holostreets:

InMediaRes Productions, LLC, creators of the popular BattleCorps.com community website for Classic BattleTech, is in the final stages of negotiating a similar license for the Shadowrun intellectual property.

Called “Holostreets,” this online community expects to be live and running within the next year.

“Holostreets will provide incredible support for the Shadowrun universe,” Loren Coleman, author and one founder of InMediaRes Productions, promises.

“While the success of BattleCorps provides a good template, Holostreets will introduce key differences to support the unique nature of Shadowrun and its community. One of those key differences will be a heavier emphasis on canon source material, as opposed to straight fiction. For example, we are very pleased to announce—after coming to an agreement with Rob Boyle, the Shadowrun Line Developer—that as our static preview site launches in the near future, sections of Shadows of Latin America will slowly be introduced for free download; a great sampler of canon source material to come once the full site launches. This is just one of the great, unique services that the site will provide for the Shadowrun community, as it works closely with FanPro and its new line of Shadowrun Fourth Edition products.” The exact amount of emphasis to place on fiction and in-game support is still under development.

The formal announcement came at GenCon 2005, where the Holostreets.com name was unveiled and the first promotional items were released in support of this project. T-shirts bearing the Holostreets logo on the back and the new Shadowrun Fourth Edition logo (or the logo and cover art) on the front were hot items at the FanPro booth.

An email sign-up list has been created at www.holostreets.com for those who want immediate news regarding the website’s development.

The URL for Holostreets.com is broken, BTW.

BattleCorps is an interesting site for fiction and various resources, and this was first announced at Origins by Rob. I assume this means more effort to publish more fiction for Shadowrun, which is great in theory since I have a friend who submitted something last October and got the run around and ultimately blown off when he tried to submit something. Instead we got the worst depiction of VCR rigging imaginable.

+Quote Post
Zen Shooter01
post Aug 28 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

What SLJ said. I know only what you can know too, by checking srrpg.com.

Apparently Holostreets is not up and running yet.

+Quote Post
Vairdic
post Aug 28 2005, 01:50 AM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 7,055

QUOTE (SL James)
The URL for Holostreets.com is broken, BTW.

The bottom link in the post was formatted wrong. If you type in www.Holostreets.com you should get to the list sign-up page. Right now you can sign up to be among the first to know about developments.

We're still in the development stage, feel free to email contact@holostreets.com with any ideas that you'd like to see. I probably won't get to reply to all of the emails, but they'll definately be reviewed at our meetings for good ideas.

Note that while we have a successful model with BattleCorps, we're currently planning on a slightly different route that should work better with the Shadowrun universe. More game related materials to support SR4, as well as fiction and more.

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Aug 28 2005, 02:28 AM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

QUOTE (Zen Shooter01)
Shadowrunrpg.com has an announcement about a new SR-support website going up called Holostreets. The big news is that SoLA, or at least big pieces of it, is going to be released as FREE pdf downloads via this new site.

I believe the idea is that all of SoLA will be available for free, am I right Vairdic?

Oh, and what is HS' ETA?

+Quote Post
Vairdic
post Aug 28 2005, 03:46 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 7,055

as our static preview site launches in the near future, sections of Shadows of Latin America will slowly be introduced for free download

We're leaving the amount and form it will take up in the air for now.

As for when we launch, and further details, that's what the list is for. We don't have a set date yet, though with luck will have a static site up with more details in the near future ("near" is a variable term of course, "near term" to a tree could be 25 years; to a rock, 10,000. Though to a fly, 5 minutes or less is "near"). ;)

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Aug 28 2005, 04:06 AM
Post #8

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

My main suggestion would be a better name, but it's probably too late for that.

~J

+Quote Post
Zen Shooter01
post Aug 28 2005, 04:51 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

I like the name. And I see Vairdic has been quite fast in picking up the Fan Pro deadline culture. :evil:

+Quote Post
tweak
post Aug 28 2005, 05:29 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Name isn't bad, but it has a Star Trek feel to it. I am thinking about holodeck and holosuite.

Cheers,

tweak

+Quote Post
mintcar
post Aug 28 2005, 08:03 AM
Post #11

Karma Police

Member No.: 6,505

I´m thinking of the obnoxious adds projected into Takashi Kovachs head when he walks down the filthy streets of Bay City. I´m thinking the term will have a good explanation in SR4, and I like it.

+Quote Post
Bandwidthoracle
post Aug 28 2005, 08:24 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,672

I figured it was a play on words.

Hollow streets = bleak desolate, sinless
Holo streets = hightech AR everywhere.

SR is where they meeet.

+Quote Post
JBlades
post Aug 28 2005, 08:39 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,734

QUOTE (Vairdic)
...more details in the near future ("near" is a variable term of course, "near term" to a tree could be 25 years; to a rock, 10,000. Though to a fly, 5 minutes or less is "near"). ;)

LOL! This one learns fast, and his dodge-fu is strong! :rotfl:

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 28 2005, 09:19 AM
Post #14

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

Maybe FanPro just looks for people who handle deadlines the usual FanPro way. :D

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Aug 28 2005, 09:30 AM
Post #15

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

Nah man, if that were true we'd have a fixed date of last Tuesday.

~J

+Quote Post
tweak
post Aug 28 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Nah man, if that were true we'd have a fixed date of last Tuesday.

~J

The only time when I hate companies to miss their deadlines is GEN CON. The rest of year I don't really care.

tweak

+Quote Post
Zen Shooter01
post Aug 28 2005, 02:49 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Kagetenshi: Truer words were never spoken. :eek:

+Quote Post
Req
post Aug 28 2005, 04:33 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 277

QUOTE (mintcar)
I´m thinking of the obnoxious adds projected into Takashi Kovachs head when he walks down the filthy streets of Bay City. I´m thinking the term will have a good explanation in SR4, and I like it.

YES. More Richard K Morgan, please! :)

~R

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:03 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.