IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adepts and Augmentations, Another q. from the guy player..
ophanimx
post Sep 10 2005, 02:19 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,701

So, I'm looking at my adept. He's pretty nice. Elf, adept.. attributes arn't too bad, skills are low but eh..

He has 90k to spend. I don't need to spend money on life style and I can't imagine spending more then 10k on pistols, ammo, armor, etc. Obviously, an alpha smarklink II and alpha flame compensator are keen, but..

What ELSE is good for a phys adept? What about bioware? WELL?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Sep 10 2005, 02:22 PM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

Any sensemods other than thermo/low-light that you can push to cyber. That .25 power point is worth more than the cred.

Other than that, what does your character do? Anything other than shoot people?

~J

+Quote Post
toturi
post Sep 10 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #3

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Actually, I'd rather have vision mag 3 and select sound filter 5 through natural means. But I would try to keep my all sense mods to 1 PP, either I got the Magic to use them all or I won't.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Sep 10 2005, 04:12 PM
Post #4

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

What about spending the money for a car, lifestyle, connections (assumed you're still at char creation in case of the latter)?
I have a kid-ad who has 1,5 power points in vision enhancement and all that. It's not worth the point as you can get most with equipment too, even low-light vision googles iirc.

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Sep 10 2005, 08:18 PM
Post #5

Mr. Johnson

Member No.: 7,014

Buy contacts. Lots of contacts.

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Sep 11 2005, 01:19 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,950

What do we need?

Contacts, lots of contacts.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Sep 11 2005, 02:46 AM
Post #7

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Member No.: 178

Don't bother buying flare comp as cyber; get it as an adept power. Get a rangefinder instead; it works much better with the SLII.

If your GM allows Body Index and Essence loss to stack for Magic loss, get Enhanced Articulation. +1 die to every physical task and +1 Reaction is a lot of bang for your buck. A datajack is also something to consider; it opens up all sorts of technical skills and abilities to you.

As everyone else has pointed out, contacts are always a good idea. You can never have too many contacts.

Don't neglect lifestyles! Pay up a few months on a middle one, then buy yourself at least 1 permanent squatter lifestyle as a bolt-hole-- more, if you can afford it. At 10k :nuyen: a pop, they're well worth it as extra safehouses.

Invest in a few credsticks. Each one is effectively a fake ID for you, so you want to have at least two. Again, more is better: get a mid-rating one for everyday use, several low-rating ones for throwaway transactions, and one high-rating one for when you really need to hide.

Communication gear is always nice. If you can afford a micro-tranciever with subvocal mike and encryption, you'll be more effective in the field. If you go cyber, get the phone option, but also buy up your encryption. Also, buy yourself a few pocket phones for throwaway use. While you're at it, buy yourself a pocket secretary-- it handles almost every low-grade computer task you're likely to encounter. (Bigger tasks are the province of the team decker.)

Tools can be useful; at the very least, a firearms kit will enable you to do regular maintance on your guns, and swap out some accessories.

If you can afford it, a bug scanner and white noise generator are always nice to have. Being able to talk securely is always a plus.

High rating medkits and a Docwagon contract are generally worthwhile investments. If nothing else, a rating-6 medkit is a cheap backup healer on your team.

Get yourself a car if you can; you don't need to load it out with mods, since that's the rigger's job. However, you do want to get a transponder library and morphing license plate; you also want photovoltaic paint if you can afford it. These mods are pretty cheap, and they make your vehicle virtually untrackable; at least, for any use you'll be putting it to. If you're SINless, these mods are practically a must; they'll prevent any casual police stops.

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Sep 11 2005, 02:52 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 7,398

Muscle Replacement 4 and a lot of geasa.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:42 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.