> What is missing, Haven't found any
JesterX
post Sep 12 2005, 09:01 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,390

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a page in the book that gives the list of skills groups and the skills they contains, the usually linked attribute AND the skills that are not in a group in the same page?

I would like to have the page number if that exist.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Sep 12 2005, 09:42 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

Ha!

The best you get is Skill Groups on page 110, All skills page 111, and the Skills in their categories in their complete listings.

There is no single page that gives you all of that information, although there certainly (sh)could be. If you want to see whether gymnastics is in Athletics, you have to look at page 110. If you want to see what other skills are agility based, you look at page 111, and if you want to see whether Gymnastics is a physical skill (and thus whether enhanced articulation applies), you have to look at its full description - which is actually listed under "Physical Skills".

So yeah, you need to know that gymnastics is the physical skills category to find the description that tells you that gymnastics is a physical skill. And no, I don't think that's good layout at all.

-Frank

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 12 2005, 09:57 PM
Post #3

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

The organization of the Skills section is annoying and for crap. Sorted by information you can only know for sure if you first find the skill? Inside the groupings the Skills are listed alphabetally, and most of them tight together in nice little blocks. But then there are large stretches of rules between some of them (i guess i should be thankful that athletics type skills are explained in the BBB, but couldn't they have had their own section somewhere else like all the other skills?).

Top it off with the order of those groupings is also alphabetical (except for Knowledge Skills and Language Skills getting stuff after them) but that there doesn't appear to be a list of them elsewhere, so you just kind flip through till you find the skil you want. :(

Just....plain....ICK. Hopefully the freebie DM screen will at least have a nice condensed listing.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Sep 13 2005, 04:51 AM
Post #4

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (blakkie)
Hopefully the freebie DM screen will at least have a nice condensed listing.

Did I miss something? I thought the (forthcoming) SR4 GM Screen was going to be a product for sale, not a free download.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 13 2005, 08:50 AM
Post #5

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

QUOTE (Fortune @ Sep 12 2005, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Sep 13 2005, 07:57 AM)
Hopefully the freebie DM screen will at least have a nice condensed listing.

Did I miss something? I thought the (forthcoming) SR4 GM Screen was going to be a product for sale, not a free download.

It is? Oh, i could be misremembering. It could be both, though. A free D/L and a piece of glossy cardboard suitable for hiding the GM's stash of favoured munchies from hungry gamers.

+Quote Post
Walknuki
post Sep 13 2005, 03:41 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 6,869

To continue the topical segue I'm working on a home brewed screen and I could use some input and suggestions.

I've sectioned it into 4 parts. Ranged Combat, Melee and Defence, Magic and Matrix, General and Vehicles.

In the ranged I've included the ranged combat summary, ranges chart, ranged modifiers, Projectile table, gernade and missle charts. I'll put in the breakdown of different firing modes eventually.

In the melee/defence I've got the melee combat summary, the chart with the basic melee weapons, melee modifiers, defence modifiers, and barrier chart.

In magic/matrix I've got spell casting by the numbers, magic actions, spirit services, the assensing chart, and astral combat for magic. I've got search table, track modifiers, and matrix combat summary for matrix.

In the general/vehicles page I've got the combat actions chart, movement rate, and jumping chart. I've also got the handling rating table, the vehicle test threshold table, terrain table, ramming damage, signal rating table (I'll probably move this to the Matrix page) and rigger actions.

What do you guys think I should throw in or take out of this screen?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:53 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.