Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forearm Snap Blades
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Phelan_patrick
Hi, I've been away for a long time so pardon me if i sound stupid with this but do forearm snap blades use edged weapons skill or cyber implant weaponry?

Thanks smile.gif
toturi
EDIT: Hyzmarca is correct. Edge Weapons. I was thinking of handblade for some reason. This will teach me to answer rules questions before my morning caffine fix. embarrassed.gif
FlakJacket
Are you sure? They're not cyberware though so whilst they mirror spurs they strap on so you could argue either way, hence Patrick's question.

Edit: After reading the BBB's description of them as 'external cyberspurs', I'll go with toturi's answer of using the cyber implant weaponry skill for them.
hyzmarca
Edged weapons. Forearm snap blade are smilar to spurs but by the same token the Predator is similar to a cyberpistol. Cyberimplant weaponry covers a wide variety to weapons that have only one thing in common, they are implanted. If it isn't implanted, then the skill doesn't apply. If it did one could reasonably use one skill for all shotguns, heavy pistols, tasers, dartguns, knives, and snap blades.
Phelan_patrick
Everyone gave valid points but I'm inclined to agree with hyzmarca. Thanks to everyone for the quick responses.
Ed_209a
Would cyber implant weaponry apply equally for Spurs, cyber guns, and eye lasers, because they are all implanted?

I say, if you fight with it like a spur, use the same skill as a spur.

I would also use the Pistol skill or whatever for implanted guns, for the same reason.
hyzmarca
By canon, all implanted weapons use cyberimplant except eye guns and oral weapons, which have their own skills.
Using an implanted pistol is very different from using a handheld pistol. Aiming is completely different and your posture is completely different.

Realisticly, the cyberspur could be considered an edged weapon. There is little difference between natrual claws and handrazors, for that matter. Yet, natural claws use unarmed and razors use cyberimplant. One might justify it by saying that the spurs and handrazors are different because they are ancored to the bone yet that isn't consistant with the rest of the rules. A rapier is greatly different from a fireaxe but both use the same skill. The truth is that weapon classifications are terribly inconsistant.

Phasing out cyberimplant combat may not be an unreasonable house rule but it is just that, a house rule.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012