Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: System Failure and Nadja Daviar
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Reaver
Does anyone know exactly what the aftermath is with Nadja. System Failure states that she survived an attempt to kill her. Does she ened up staying on as VP of UCAS or go into hiding?
Crusher Bob
Well, really she was swept of by a tornado mana storm, and is now in a meta-plane that is a clever commentary on turn of the century economics.

She'll be back once she realizes that gold back currency is the only true and proper method. Then expect her to lead a team of runners to the Philippines to dig up Yamashitas gold and create a gold backed electronic currency in a direct challenge to the Nuyen and its mega-corporate backers.

hahnsoo
But when she comes back to report her experiences ("You were there, and you were there, and you were there..."), scholars debate for years to come whether or not it was simply a fantasy story or it was the metaplane trying to teach her about Populism during the era of the old United States Dust Bowl.
http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/OZ/Responses.html
Ancient History
<scritch, scritch> So who would be contending for the title of Enoch the Red, Wizard of Oz? Ehran the Scribe or Leonardo?
Jrayjoker
Well, if you take into account that Leonardo is fully under "Gold"snout's control at this time, the movement toward the gold standard isn't that much of a stretch.
Bearclaw
QUOTE (Crusher Bob)
Well, really she was swept of by a tornado mana storm, and is now in a meta-plane that is a clever commentary on turn of the century economics.

She'll be back once she realizes that gold back currency is the only true and proper method. Then expect her to lead a team of runners to the Philippines to dig up Yamashitas gold and create a gold backed electronic currency in a direct challenge to the Nuyen and its mega-corporate backers.

Wizard of Oz and Cryptonomicon in one post? I'm very impressed. notworthy.gif
Snow_Fox
Populism was at it's polical height between 1890 and 1910. the dust bowl was a good 20+ years after that.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
Populism was at it's polical height between 1890 and 1910. the dust bowl was a good 20+ years after that.

It's a joke. It's not meant to make sense. smile.gif
Reaver
>sigh< Does anybody know the real answer, or do I need to fall back to the liberal use of high explosives. wink.gif
Fortune
The real answer is ...

... we don't know! It is unexplained. Left up in the air for now. A dangling plotline for future plot development.
JongWK
Fortune is correct. If you want to play it safe, put Daviar as MIA.
mfb
ninjas have kidnapped the vice-president! are you a bad enough d00d to save her?
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (mfb)
ninjas have kidnapped the vice-president! are you a bad enough d00d to save her?

Woot!

ShadowDragon8685
Bad d00ds, woooo!
DrJest
QUOTE (mfb)

No, cos everyone knows ninjas flip out and kill people all the time...
Elldren
QUOTE (mfb)

Hooray for obscure VG refs
mfb
that's a double joke, actually. in SL James's short story, one of my characters (Italy, unnamed in the story) is in the trio of runners that rescue Nadja at the end. i am, therefore, a vice-bad dude. or, well, my character is.
Critias
I bet it's not really him. That's Loriel, in that third suit. Nyah nyah. You suck!
SL James
HAHAHAHA

Just because she was extracted from the scene of a fiery explosion doesn't mean she was rescued.
Reaver
QUOTE (Fortune)
The real answer is ...

... we don't know! It is unexplained. Left up in the air for now. A dangling plotline for future plot development.

Cool. Thanks Fortune. Appreciate the info. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012