Fade to Blood

Introduction:

The rain fell, not a small shower, but in a torrent that tormented the London streets. The wind howled its' defiance, its' whistling whine whipping at the windows. A shutter slammed shut before being blasted open once again; lightning flashes across the sky, illuminating a figure standing at the window.

“What is life, how do we measure it?”

In the distances thunder rolled, echoing off the nearby buildings.

“Is it the sum of our experiences before we die?”

Cars sped along the roads throwing up water drenching passerby’s scurrying for shelter.

“Or is it something more?”

Four figures huddled around a small fire, burning within a worn out drum, the persisting rain threatening to douse what little warmth they had.

“Is it what we achieve while we are alive?”

Across the street a large apartment block rose into the night sky. Abandoned many years before, windows boarded over.

“Or is it simply that we are?”

“Or is it what we are right now in this very moment?”

“It is a question we all face at some time in our ‘lives’, do you have the answer?”

Concept:

This is a game that is hopefully going to cover many aspects of our lives from love, friendship and joy, to fear, pain and suffering. From birth and life to the ever present possibility of death. The game is aimed at bringing around the awakening (not in magical sense) of the characters to the world around them. Bladerunner would be a fairly close example. This will be a mostly freeform game.

The Players:

I’m looking for 4 players, to form a team of private investigators who have been working together for a couple years now. Here’s the catch, I need the 4 characters to be submitted as a team. IE, find 3 other people you want to/enjoy playing with create a basic team concept/background and then your individual characters. Due to the nature of the game it is ideal to get players that work well together. If this looks like its not going to work I’ll create a basic team concept and take individual submissions. Idealy players should have regular access to the board and be able to post often.

Character Concepts:

The characters have SINS, characters aged between 26-35, exceptions will be made with good reasons but that’s the age range to aim for. Even though the characters are private investigators please try avoid stereotypes. Characters will start off fairly low powered but should advance quite quickly. I’m looking for detailed backgrounds and concepts. Family, girlfriends, wives, children. Why the character does what he does. Any belief’s, fears/phobia’s, goals ambitions. These characters are not runners.
Game is based in Europe, starting in London. Characters need no be english but should have a reason to be based in London.

Character/Game Basics:

This game will use SR4 rules but if there is stuff you want from SR3 rulebooks let me know and we can take a look at them. I will help people create characters if they don’t have the SR4 book but you will need to have SR3 books for any extra stuff you want outside of that. Character creation will happen later but some people like to stats and skills to try help define characters, so as a guideline, Stats Max 1x5 or 2x4 rest 3 without cyber/bio modifiers. Skills: Max 2x5 or 3x4 rest 3. The game will hopefully be mostly freeform so don’t worry if you don’t know the rules too well.

Most would carry pistols as weapons, SMG is possible but unlikely to be carried on a regular basis. Cyber/bio/magic will of course be available but mostly light stuff to start.

I’ll add/adjust as I think of extra stuff which I know I’ve probably forgotten. 3:30 in the morning is not the best time to have bright ideas  If you have any queries or just to tell me I’m probably nuts you can contact me via pm or any of the IM services listed under my profile or email Tashio(at)Tashio(dot)net

If you'r looking for a team or have your team ready please post names. You can also post basic concepts.