Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh boy! Another SR4 Char Review!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prosper
Here's my character in all his glory. I'm going for a leader type that can also fill the Face roll (since few people like to do it). I also wanted him to be new to the area, so he could build up contacts and develop himself in game.

BP: 200
Name: Simon Prosper
Race: Human (0 BP)

Attributes:
Body: 4 (30 BP)
Agility: 4 (30 BP)
Reaction: 4 (30 BP)
Strength: 2 (10 BP)
Charisma: 4 (30 BP)
Intuition: 4 (30 BP)
Logic: 3 (20 BP)
Willpower: 3 (20 BP)
Edge: 3 (10 BP)

Qualities:
Severe Allergey (Capscaicin) (-20 BP)
Scorched (-5 BP)
Sensitive Neural Structure (-5 BP)
SINner (-5 BP)

Contacts:
Fixer 3/2 (5 BP)

Skills:
Influence Group 3 (30 BP)
Automatics 4 (16 BP)
Perception 6 (24 BP)
Dodge 4 (16 BP)
Unarmed Combat 1 (4 BP)
Athletics Group 1 (10 BP)
Stealth Group 4 (40 BP)
Electronics Group 3 (30 BP)

Resources: 250,000 (50 BP)

Bioware:
Rating 3 Tailored Pheremones
Rating 1 Synaptic Booster
Rating 2 Cerebral Booster
Enhanced Articulation

Cyberware:
Rating 2 Muscle Replacement
Rating 3 Cyberear
- Rating 3 Audio Enhancement
- Damper
- Ear Recording Unit
- Rating 4 Select Sound Filter
- Sound Link
- Spatial Recognizer
Rating 4 Cybereye
- Flare Compensation
- Low-Light Vision
- Image Link
- Eye Recording Unit
- Protective Covers
- Smartlink
- Thermographic Vision
- Rating 3 Vision Enhancement
- Vision Magnification
- Ultrasound Sensor
Internal Commlink (Hermes Icon w/ Novatech Navi OS)
Datajack
Rating 3 Olfactory Booster

Gear:
Rating 3 Fake SIN
2 Shock Gloves
Urban Explorer Jumpsuit (6/6)
Helmet (+1/+2)
Rating 4 Maglock Passkey
Rating 4 Maglock Sequencer
Rating 6 Autopicker
Ingram Smartgun X w/ Skinlink
Concealable Holster
4 Spare Clips
160 Rounds Ammunition

Lifestyle: 1 Month Low

I'm still trying to figure out the gear, and any thoughts on the skills I chose would also be appreciated. Automatics seems to be the most versatile choice for firearms, as it lets you use both machine pistols, subguns, and assault rifles. I'm really tempted to somehow work ambidexterity in there, swap automatics for pistols, and have him tote around two smartlinked Ruger Warhawks for effect.

What do you guys think?
Rotbart van Dainig
It is intended that this character dies when sprayed with Pepper Punch or eating hot chili?
Azralon
I'd recommend scraping up a few thousand nuyen from somewhere and buying a few more "disposable" SINs, since you're the face.
Prosper
Pretty much. I thought it would be an interesting quirk to have. Fortunately the olfactory sensors make it easy to eat out.

Taki
very well balanced character. Apparently the point design serve the concept well.
You've got my approval biggrin.gif
Jrayjoker
Never mind, forgot I had the pdf here and looked up my own damn answer. Good to go.
Prosper
How much do you guys think a regular duster would cost (meaning one that provides the concealability of the lined coat, but has no armor)?
Wasabi
If you're gonna have a cyber commlink put in your brain, max out the OS and other hardware and preferably FIREWALL so you don't get hacked when talking to all your contacts. smile.gif

Also, you didn't list Mnemonic Enhancer which adds to the knowledge skills face characters rely so heavily on.
TheNarrator
QUOTE (Prosper)
How much do you guys think a regular duster would cost (meaning one that provides the concealability of the lined coat, but has no armor)?

Sounds like something that would fall under lifestyle, assuming yours isn't too poor to afford a leather jacket.
warrior_allanon
QUOTE (Prosper)

RL somewhere between 110 to 350 dollars US, depending on what its made of, paid $110. for my full length oilskin duster, but when i was looking around i found a full out leather one that cost $350 that fit even better,

Prosper
Fair enough. It's a low lifestyle, so an oilskin duster (precisely what I was going for) would be about right.

Where did you get your full length duster allanon? What brand?
hahnsoo
Capscasin would not count as a common allergen in my book, unless you were running near a pepper farm all the time. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good allergy, but it wouldn't be worth 20 points.
Prosper
That brings up an interesting question; just how logical are the common and uncommon descriptors? I definitely think capsaicin is more common than silver or gold (particularly since it's very prevalent in spicy foods, as well as stuff like mace and pepperballs), but I'll agree it's not as common as say... sunlight.

I figure a common one is something you're likely to see without the GM having to go the extra mile in order to bring it out. For example, a GM could easily have pepperballs be part of an assault (maybe they're trying to capture the characters). Particularly since capsaicin can be airborne. On the other hand, it would take a lot of effort to expose a character to gold or silver.
Gothic Rose
Gold is actually fairly common - it's used as a conductor for various mechanical things.

Overall, I'd say that your character looks good smile.gif Aside from upping your Firewall, I'd say you may want to invest less in normal bullets, and more in special ones - like Explosive, or EX Explosive.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Prosper)
I figure a common one is something you're likely to see without the GM having to go the extra mile in order to bring it out. For example, a GM could easily have pepperballs be part of an assault (maybe they're trying to capture the characters). Particularly since capsaicin can be airborne. On the other hand, it would take a lot of effort to expose a character to gold or silver.

You are not going to encounter Capscasin every day. Allergens such as sunlight, plastic, pollutants, and seawater in a coastal setting (examples given in the book) is pretty much daily exposure. For Uncommon allergens, the GM will have to throw it at you. For Common allergens, you have to actively try to stay away from it.

The description is "The substance or condition is common for the local environment"... capscasin isn't everywhere. It's only in a handful of peppers, some anesthetics, and a handful of riot control/personal defense weapons.

Just pick up another 5 point flaw to make up the difference.
Gothic Rose
Something like...

Incompetent: Blades
Abschalten
So what are his Knowledge Skills? I always like seeing what people take for their Knowledge Skills. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012