Hi,

I am writing on a program for SR4 - it will have added the following features (in order of "appearance"):

1. Read data from a XLS-Chargen-Sheet - write this data into a PDF-Charsheet.
It will read configuration files stating which Cell to read for which attribute / where to write which attribute (like Attribute: X-Pos, Y-Pos, Width "Name: 712 644 100" or Attribute: Table Row Column "Name: 0 1 1"), thus making it easy to add new pdf-sheets or xls-files. (Alternatively I am thinking of using XML for this)

2. Add a GUI to edit the data read from the sheet or creating a new char from the start on.
(A kind of complete Char-Generator)

3. Adding a GUI to ease adding new xls or pdf-sheets (helping with getting the positions)

4. Add a CGI-Interface (Choose PDF, XLS, upload XLS and possibly configuration files), get PDF back

The program will be written in Perl (Perl/Tk) . The source will be compilable - thus you don't need to install Perl to use it, but are able to. I will provide the sources, archives (making it unneeded to install the perl-modules needed), compilated programs (Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix at least).

The first stage will be available in 10days, perhaps less (I have two exams next week..), I hope to provide later versions faster.

In a later stage, I want to add features making it possible to use the program as "run manager" (giving you thresholds, calculating prices, ..), keep logs of your runs, stats of your NSCs, . . . (kind of everything a gamemaster needs smile.gif )

Is there interest for this kind of program?
Is anyone interested in helping? (Mainly I am in need for testers and persons getting the positions of the different fields / cells on/in the pdf/xls files. I will provide a gui to ease that).

If there is a XML-Scheme for SR4 available I will add import/export filters for this (I am thinking of using Wordmans XML-Scheme. But I can see several flaws frown.gif )

regards

Tirsales