Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Codeslinger and Exploit
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Neskeptic
I want to use the Codeslinger quality for Exploiting an access code (Hacking+Exploit) Extended test (Breaking In- pg 221).

The book says that it's a Complex Action, but does not appear on the Matrix Actions list on pg 219.

Does this mean Codeslinger is invalid in this case?
NightRain
By a strict reading of the rules, you're correct. Of course, I can see many GMs allowing it anyway, or even just assuming that it's a Matrix action without ever checking the table to see if it's on the list
Kremlin KOA
or you take the hacking specialization 'Exploit' for a fifthe of the cost
Eyeless Blond
Or take both, then be an adept and take Improved Ability(Hacking) to win SR4. I have no idea why improved ability for technical skills is so dirt cheap; one magic point is +4 dice and breaks the skill cap in a way that no other thing can.
Nkari
Im amazed that you can improve things technical.. =(
blakkie
QUOTE (Eyeless Blond @ Oct 24 2005, 02:17 AM)
Or take both, then be an adept and take Improved Ability(Hacking) to win SR4. I have no idea why improved ability for technical skills is so dirt cheap; one magic point is +4 dice and breaks the skill cap in a way that no other thing can.

It is restrained by the Skill cap. nyahnyah.gif

Im amazed that you can improve things technical.. =(

That i get, it's just that the power works while you are in VR that's feels a bit different. Afterall they still don't allow any mental attribute improvements from Adept powers. *shrug*
Eyeless Blond
Yeah, well Logic has little to do with any use of Computers or Hacking in SR4.

....wow, that has so many valid meanings. smile.gif
blakkie
It would have been nice to have the Logic attribute be used in VR actions. frown.gif But Logic certainly does have uses in those areas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012