Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question Regarding Ares Firewatch
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
Hey all, quick question: I'm formulating a campaign featuring the characters as members of an Ares Firewatch team, and I wanted to ask all the knowledgeable folks where the majority of their canon info is, as I have not looked through my stack of Shadowrun books for a little while and can't recall off the top of my head.
fistandantilus4.0
try Corporate Download for one, and perhaps the NPC info in the Companion. But I can't think of any stat listings in the books. Of course Brainscan has some (crappy) Red sammy stats, and Corp Punishment has some (great) stats for Tir Ghosts.
Critias
I'm not sure how helpfull it'll be, but there's also some suggestions/ideas/modifications for custom tailored campaigns in...uhm...in... Missions, I think it's called? It had some idea for creation/equipment/etc for special ops style teams. Nothing for Ares Firewatch specifically, IIRC, but it might still give you some good ideas.
SL James
Introduced in Burning Bright.

From the review on WiredReflexes.com: "p.83: Knight Errant has three "Firewatch" combat strike teams, six people to a team, "a hard mix of cybernetics and magic." Not unlike a shadowrunning team. The teams operate around the world, and the FBI tries to keep tabs on them. Team Two is led by Anne Ravenheart, a classmate of Kyle's from Columbia University." In the novel, Kyle's FBI contact is shocked to learn that they are in Chicago since they were supposed to be overseeing security for an event in Barcelona.

Described in other (not more, just "other") detail in Bug City.

Discussed (and altered from BB) again in Corporate Download. From the Game Information, "KE's Firewatch teams are squads of five to seven elite troops, including at least one rigger and one Awakened member" blah blah blah."

And it's Knight Errant Firewatch. Slight difference.

Shadowrun Companion has ideas for Special Forces and other special operations campaigns. Missions is an adventure using that info to run as a UCAS Army Special Forces A-Team.

I want to say that I've seen stats for Firewatch in Wake of the Comet or something released around then, but I may just be thinking of the Ares space station FRT and they have nothing to do with the ground mission.

The stats for specops in SR are so all over the place than really, anything is acceptable depending on your purpose. I'd lean towards the Tir Ghosts in Corporate Punishment, but that's me.

I really don't know what to say about the change other than they became a little busier after Bug City, and I think maybe standards went down from being the ultimate badasses in KE to people who your average KE officer or SWAT member would look up to, but there being 18 members total in 2055 to "more" by 2060 was either that things changed alot (which they kind of did) or that they became less crisis solvers and more top-shelf (for Ares/KE) shooters.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (SL James)
I want to say that I've seen stats for Firewatch in Wake of the Comet or something released around then, but I may just be thinking of the Ares space station FRT and they have nothing to do with the ground mission.

Good memory. There's stats and descriptions for a Firewatch lieutenant, mage, rigger and unnamed Firewatch soldier mooks.
toturi
Firewatch is the only elite corp force that have no quality control other than a threshold level. Once you are good enough for Firewatch, you are free to improve and vary to your heart's content. Unlike other corps, which specify that they are "only" Superior or Superhuman. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012