Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun 2050
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Chance359
This is the occ Thread.
Mystweaver
Chi-Sao (Better off here methinks... that way I wont loose him!)
[ Spoiler ]

Toptomcat
What's the word on use of first or third person?
Lindt
Yeah, Im going to do the same.

Berklee

[ Spoiler ]

Also, please make sure to turn your .sig off in the IC thread.
Toptomcat
How do you-
*sees 'enable signature' checkbox*
Oh.

[ Spoiler ]
Toptomcat
Rating 6 White Noise generator active: shotgun and laser microphones are interfered with, as well as ordinary eavesdroppers.
Rating 6 cyberware scan on Baker initiated. TN to detect normal cyberware is 3, alphaware is 6: the more successes, the more information is given.
Full sensor logging initiated: records being taken from pinhole micro-camcorder, recorder, bug scanner, radio scanner, cyberware scanner, bio-monitor, and GPS system.
Mystweaver
Listening in carefully to everyone in the room. High Frequency and Hearing Amplification active. Listening for any use of subvocal microphones. Looking around to see how well armed people are.

toptomcat, how obvious is your box of gadgets?
Toptomcat
It's distributed around the armor jacket, in quasi-concealed pockets. It's not that difficult to notice, but it's impossible to tell that it's any different from, say, a couple of iPods.
Glyph
Astral assensing test:

[ Spoiler ]
Toptomcat
Ah. I'm used to GMs rolling pretty much everything, but I see things are different on these boards.
[ Spoiler ]
Glyph
Most of the games seem to have the players post their rolls in the OOC thread, so I kind of assumed it would be that way in this game. If Chance359 wants to do all of the dice rolling, though, I'm fine with that too.
Chance359
Sorry I didn't respond quicker. I prefer you doing all of your own rolls, I'll be calling for rolls that need to be made using the spoiler tag for those who need to make them. Sorry it's gotten off to a slow start but I was waiting for Jared_Connely to get back into town before my next post.

Toptomcat:
[ Spoiler ]

Glyph:
[ Spoiler ]
Lindt
I should mention, that I wont be posting over the weekend, or mondays untill ski season ends. Gotta have your priorities.

Posting IC shortly

Also, f you wnt post your sheet, at least a 3 second of your name, gender and race? I dont even know if we are all humans or what?
Glyph
I second that. I could always look at the sheets, but I would rather not have to try to skim over the stuff my character wouldn't know, trying to find the description. Here is a physical description of Viper. Unlike the general one in the recruitment thread, this more specifically describes what she looks like at the meet (she changes her "look" fairly often).

Viper is an attractive elven female of medium height, with a slender build.

Her hair is dyed a dark green, slicked back but with a long braided ponytail. She has bright green eyes and pale skin. She is wearing a bit too much dark eyeliner, and a flourescent light green lipstick, which matches the flourescent plastic loop earrings she is wearing.

She is wearing a black, street-styled jacket, probably armored, but worn open now. It has an "Evil Ernie" smilie button on it. She is wearing a synthleather mini-skirt with fishnet stockings and workboots, and a black midriff-baring shirt that displays a tattoo - a design of snakes coiled around vines, both green but with vivid red flowers, encircle her navel, and seem to be part of a bigger design. The shirt appears to be any other metal band shirt, until you look closer - it is actually the name of a fluffy boy band, but the style of lettering is that used by an equally well-known metal band, umlauts and all.

She seems nonchalant, but with a bit of bouncy energy to her as well - or maybe she's just fidgety because of nerves.
Glyph
Etiquette test (to see if she knows who the rigger is):

[ Spoiler ]
Mystweaver
Perception Test to see who is packing heat
[ Spoiler ]

Etiquette for GTO

[ Spoiler ]
Toptomcat
Etiquette:
[ Spoiler ]

What kind of neighborhood is the Docks in?
Mystweaver
Hopefully a really crappy one biggrin.gif

Just for referrence, as I like the idea Viper has going. Here is a brief description of Chi-Sao as he sits with the other runners:

Sitting along aside you is what you would only consider a boy. He is oriental and for those of you with a least half a brain, clearly chinese. His hair is short on top and long at the back and appears better looked after than his clothing. A dark brown long coat covers an urban combat jacket that looks like it has seen better days. The coat is plain but the jacket and synthleather pants have small Ying-Yang's, some of which have faded or is that just dirt? A pair of black combat/biker boots are scuffed and heavily worn.

This kid looks more like a wannabie than anything else.
Ninja Please
etiquette - GTO

[ Spoiler ]

Brandon is a trim human, 28 years old. His short brown hair is stylishly cut, its obvious that he takes pride in his looks. He wears a striped black and pale gold dress shirt, grey slacks, and black shoes. Over that, he has a dark grey wool overcoat. The armor weaves stands out to those who know to look for it. For the especially perceptive, there is a concealed holster in the small of his back.

Brandon's dress looks out of place here. Its clear that when he heard of club meeting, he didn't think of the current surroundings. None the less, he looks comfortable and confident.
Toptomcat
James is a small-framed, wiry, young man with brown hair and eyes hidden behind wraparound sunglasses, his ethnic background an unremarkable mishmash of European influences. He seems rather wary and tense. He's wearing a long, gray armor jacket with a couple of customized pockets built into it, and has a boxy Glock pistol at his side.
Chance359
Ninja Please
[ Spoiler ]

Toptomcat:
[ Spoiler ]

Mystweaver:
[ Spoiler ]

Glyph:
[ Spoiler ]

Toptomcat
Question. Can I re-tool my jammer to cause more interference, but in a smaller area than normal?
Chance359
Toptomcat: it should be possible, but if you're using a jammer, you might rule out the option of having the rigger control the vehicle from off site.

Also I'm going out of town this weekend so I'll post tomorrow morning (friday) and again on sunday night. Next week I get to go and play deployment for a week so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post, but I'll do my best to keep the game moving.
Toptomcat
'play deployment'?
You're military?
Mystweaver
Update now I'm not so mashed and with some IC posts. The following seems to be what I have noticed from posts so far. In Bold are uncertain details.

Mystweaver = Chi-Sao. Human, Male, Chinese, 18 yrs old. Street Sam
Glyph = Viper, Elven, Female, Caucasian, Early 20's? Mage
Toptomcat = James Drake, Human, Male, Caucasian, Age Street Sam
Jared_Connerly = Henry, Dwarven, Male, Caucasian, Age Decker
Ninja Please = Brandon, Human, Male, Caucasian, 28 yrs old, Street Sam/Medic
Lindt = Berklee, Human, Male, Amerid, 26, shamenic conjuror.
Ninja Please
The only thing of note on Brandon is he is attractive and puts people he meets at ease (Good Look / Friend Face edges w/ above average charisma). As far as build and size, non-descript describes him well enough.
Chance359
Sorry for the lack of post had some issues come up but have beaten some of them back. Toptomcat, yes, I'm active duty Air Force.
Chance359
Since the consensus is to atleast scout the dock, I'll be posting a description of that tonight.
Glyph
Chance359, how do you run the Makeover spell? The spell description says that it includes clothing, but some GMs have limited that to sprucing/freshening up clothing. I think that it should be able to do more than that, especially since the official errata changes the Drain of the Fashion spell down to +1(L), compared to the more comprehensive Makeover spell's Drain code of +1(M).

I am asking because Viper could possibly use her Makeover spell duplicate a security guard's uniform, at least for some of the less-armored people in the group. If that wouldn't work, though, then she would know that IC, and wouldn't make the offer.
Lindt
QUOTE (Mystweaver @ Nov 25 2005, 10:53 AM)
Update now I'm not so mashed and with some IC posts. The following seems to be what I have noticed from posts so far. In Bold are uncertain details.

Lindt = Berklee, Human, Male, Amerid, 26, shamenic conjuror.
Chance359
Glyph: Since Makeover is an expanded version of Fashin (which allows some altering of clothing), you would be able to change clothes somewhat. How does this sound, you roll your sorcery and add every 2 successes to the perception test to spot that somethings wrong with the uniform. Sound reasonable?

Everyone: I ask that from now on at the start of your IC posts you roll a perception test, that way I can let you know any details you personally pickup on (and to add a little paranoia).
Toptomcat
Rating 6 encryption, in other words.
Mystweaver
Perception
[ Spoiler ]

Checking out GTO, see if he is packing. Wanna see if the montors tell me how many drones are running. If there is any constructive info about said drones on those screens and possibly determine where any drones currently are.

Whilst Speaking to GTO Etiquette.
[ Spoiler ]

Current Equipment:
[ Spoiler ]

Ninja Please
Minor issue - the links on the IC thread are giving access denied errors.
Glyph
Yeah, I'm getting that too.
Chance359
Alright time for some bad news. I recently found out that first part of next month I will be heading out for two weeks of desert warfare training. Then I'm heading out to somewhere very non-desert come spring time. So there are two choice, either a we call the game and I tell you all thankyou for playing or b someone else takes over GM. At this point I'm neutral so I leave it to the group.
Chance359
Alright, first I must apologies for my rapid departure. Now that I'm at my deployed location I know what internet access is like, I'd would be able to continue running this game if any are interested.
Mystweaver
Cool... well im still alive!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012