Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Ancient Files: Incremental Update
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ancient History
Right then. I just went through all the ED books and did a book-by-book blow-for-blow for my SR/ED page and Immortals page, which I think came out very well.

I also greatly expanded my Orichalcum page, added a few Sperethiel words I missed (sorry, no Theran. Would have been too convoluted), and did some very minor updates (mainly light editing) to most of the other pages, albeit little noticable.

Now that I've finally got that done, I can focus on my new project: incorporating Cascading Style Sheets witht he handily provided info from Adam-sama and DV8-san. With a little luck and some work, this should make my pages much more readable and maybe even a little smaller. At the very least, the HTML won't be so convoluted.

Also: I'm planning on doing DotSW right after I finish that, or Novemeber, whichever comes first. My brother and neice and his bitch are coming down to live with us, so things might get hectic and tangled. Bear with me. As always, if I fucked something up or you want to ask a question or anything, just send me a PM or an E-mail or something.
L.D
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

As always a great site! And I love the layout. biggrin.gif

And finally a place where all of Tom Dowds short stories are gathered.

But I have a request... the intro from the original Harlequin adventures. Is there any possibility that you could find it and put it up on your site? Please.

Edit: Smelling pisstake
DV8
QUOTE (L.D)
And finally a place where all of Tom Dowds short stories are gathered.
Ancient History
Neither the first nor the only to put those stories together on a site, I. Ne'er seen the intro to -H- on the web, but I can look.
Senchae
I don't have the book, so I'm curious- what is in Paranormal Animals of Europe that is SR's one and only reference to True Fire?
L.D
@DV8

Ehhh.... embarrassed.gif Sorry about that.

To correct what I said: The first place that I have seen with the stories gathered. (Should probably add that I'm as blind as a bat grinbig.gif )

@AH

I've searched for it several times and haven't been able to find it. I was hoping you might have it on your computer or some scanning or something along those lines...
Ancient History
Senchae:'s in the Sprite posting. A Tir noble claims that SPrites are "rarer than true fire."

L.D.:Jaysis...yeah, I could hook you up with that, but if I put it on the site methinks I'd prefer to just re-type the thing into an RTF. The only proper way to scan these books involves breaking the spine, which I dinnae want tae dae.
danbot37
lets just say, AH, that someone had the time on theri hands (lord knows I don't, but ya never know) to read, and I mean comprehend, not just glance at it, to read everything on your site. Is there an order you would recommend?
Ancient History
Well, it varies by interest, but I'd suggest:

Sperethiel Dictionary
SR/ED
Immortals
Orichalcum
Annotated Magic and Death
Awakenings
Atomagic
Invae
Metagenetics
The Infected
Dunkelzahn's Will
Artifact Index
Echoes of the Crash

'though things tend to inter-lap, and really the Minor Pages (everything on the right-hand side) tend to be rather weak, witht he exception of the Orichalcum Page and Magenetics, which are only a little weak in places, but that's 'cause orichalcum and genetics are so convoluted.
L.D
QUOTE (Ancient History)
L.D.:Jaysis...yeah, I could hook you up with that, but if I put it on the site methinks I'd prefer to just re-type the thing into an RTF.  The only proper way to scan these books involves breaking the spine, which I dinnae want tae dae.

No breaking the spine! Not on that book! And even if I think that you're an AI, I don't want you to go through the pains to re-type it... but it would only take you what... about five seconds? wink.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks for the offer. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012