Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roll Call In San Diego, Ca
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
SaintPatrick
Hoi! Chummers, This is Saint Patri... I mean Mister Johnson. I have a run coming up and I'm Looking for fresh faces in the great vacation spot San Diego, CA. Drop me a note here or at miahcrf@yahoo.com, if your interested. Come on chummers it's the year of the comet and the drek has hit the proverbial fan. Corps want your help, religious fanatics want corps and countries brought down, wars are being fought and the Freemasons are still retaining power. Come one come all! Fresh meat to hardened experienced runners.
RangerJoe
I'm up in Pasadena, but I am feeling so gaming deprived that I actually might make the commute, if the game is still going.
Electric Cabbage
I'm starting to get the impression that isn't much gaming going on south of and in OC. Starting to get depressed about it.
NightWind
Dont get too depressed, you two.

I live in Grand Terrace. And the only way I get to do any gaming is online through the Mush sites. Problem is, I dont have any of the books I need to play IRL due to lack of a job and a regular funding. Thankfully, I do have friends in the game that are helping me out with the Rigger info I need. Heck, I used to have the 2nd ed rulebook but that got tossed out by a fanatical ex-bf who thought it was evil and satanic. *Heh, Born Again, go figure*

Anyways, I dont know if there are any people around the San Bernardino/Riverside area to make it worth while getting everyone into one place at one time.

Maybe we could pull together and get a game going online? Who knows. hehehe.

Keep in touch,
NightWind
grendel
Hold what you've got, gentlemen, help is on the way. Not only is GenCon SoCal going on in December, but shortly afterwards Dark Masque Productions, in cooperation with Nexus Vor, will be opening our winter game series. We run Saturdays and Wednesdays in San Diego but are looking to expand our influence into the LA area. Points of contact are listed below:

http://registraiton.gencon.com

grendel@pride.veldt.org

djblacknexus@yahoo.com

bluegurl337@yahoo.com
Derek
QUOTE (SaintPatrick)
Hoi! Chummers, This is Saint Patri... I mean Mister Johnson. I have a run coming up and I'm Looking for fresh faces in the great vacation spot San Diego, CA. Drop me a note here or at miahcrf@yahoo.com, if your interested. Come on chummers it's the year of the comet and the drek has hit the proverbial fan. Corps want your help, religious fanatics want corps and countries brought down, wars are being fought and the Freemasons are still retaining power. Come one come all! Fresh meat to hardened experienced runners.

I forwarded your email to a group in SD that I used to game with, before I moved. They should get ahold of you before too long.

Derek
Electric Cabbage
Yar! But GenCon is 3 months away and the Winter Games series if it does make it's way up here will be in the LA area. The LA area could mean anywhere from a 30-40 minute to a well over an hour drive depending for me from Mission Viejo. Now if it's in OC thats another story.
TimeKeeper
Where the hell were you guys about two years ago when I could have used you?

Figures. I leave and they start coming out of the woodwork.
Electric Cabbage
What irritates me is how spoiled I was up in the Seattle area and I didn't even know it. There are games all over up there judging by this forum and the wizards forum. I come down here and theres nothin. BOOOOOO!
Derek
Bah. Try Hawaii.

For some reason, no-one, and I mean NO-one plays SR here. A number of d20 groups, and even one CoC:Delta Green group (who took an instant disliking to me when I said I really didn't like playing insane characters, and all of the standard CoC characters they used started out insane), but no SR groups.

Bah.

I'm even willing to GM.

Derek
NightWind
Dont feel too bad, Derek.

At least you HAVE RPG groups in Hawaii. Where I live there's only Xbox/Gameboy/Things-to-hook-up-to-the-TV-And-Play type gamers.

But I guess I'm more comfy gaming online. It's quiet, I dont have to go anywhere, except maybe to the library and futilely hope that they would have the 3rd Ed rules that I cant afford. I have Magic in the Shadows and Riger 3rd Ed, along with Gurps version of Rigger rules.

But that's it. I dont have a job and trying to buy the books is an expensive project.

I could, possibly, try to start a gaming group with the Library as the meeting place. But I'm not a good GM. I'm just someone who wants to really have fun as a player.

NightWind
SaintPatrick
Hoi, chummers a lot of you out there but not enough of you here. The few runner's I've got are mostly green, one or two veterans show up occasionally to mix the drek up. I'm always on the look out for the latest talent or an mean 'ol hombre or chica to show these newbies the ropes. Every time I give them a length of rope they try to hang themselves. No, really they do alright. Well if any of really want to make the commute... Personally I normally wouldn't, but in the past I nearly did. Drop me a not here and/or at my node miahcrf@yahoo.com.
Later chummers
Panzergeist
I'm in Poway and looking to join a group. Preferably one within 10 or 15 miles, though that is not looking like a major probability now.
Panzergeist
Anyone? Anyone at all? Patrick, I'd be interested in your group, but how far is it from Poway?
Grey
Speak for yourselves, I'm in the OC and have a big SR game going. Its all full up though, sorry.
Rajaat99
I live in Modesto and I got people hounding me to join my SR game and I have to beat them off with a stick. I tell them to start there own game, but they're to lazy and I have the largest SR collection.
Grey, what's OC?
Grey
Orange County.
TimeKeeper
Derek, you think Hawaii is bad? At least you have people that play SOMETHING over there.

Necro Tech
Just to bump this thread, I play in a saturday game with Grendel but right now we seem to be needing more regular players. You can post it or go back to grendels post to get in contact if you want to swap players, join games or play a different night than saturday. Just for reference, I live in EL Cajon.
grendel
Still on the hunt for players. Any of you SDSU kids want to take a break from class and get in on the karma?

grendel@veldt.org
Eddy_Munster
Hi all, I am in Chula Vista and looking for a game that plays on Saturdays.

Anyone have one going at the moment that could use a player?
Necro Tech
Talk to Grendel. I assume we are still recruiting. We just gained one (possibly two) but many people can't make every game so I'm sure there is a spot for you. We play on Saturday afternoons.
Utahraptor
Well, I got me and my bro up here in North County, near CSUSM. Where do you guys RP?
grendel
We usually run games out of Game Empire up off Clairemont Mesa Blvd. I've got a couple guys who drive down from Poway to play.
Necro Tech
I'm resurecting this thread because once again we are looking for players in San Diego county for a saturday game. All interested parties send a PM to grendel or just post up here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012