Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitomi Shiawase
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MaxHunter
Hello! I am making up something for my campaign and I want info on the Shiawase chick. This is what I think I know:

[ Spoiler ]

Where is she now?
Has she been described anywhere? Novels, sourcebooks, etc. (icon, stats, physical, personallty, etc.)
What can you tell me about her storywise? (previous runs, whatever)

IMO she could be great as a campaign element but I do not want to invent anything that has already been described. Hope somebody here can help me out.

Cheers,

Max
BishopMcQ
I was skimming through System Failure last night and I know her name comes up. Not much to go by, I know...but I will try and get more answers to ytou when I have a book in hand unless someone else get's there first.
Ancient History
She is a member of the powerful Shiawase family.

Correct. Hitomi Shiawase is a member of the Shiawase family, the major investors in the Shiawase megacorp. (see: Psychotrope).

She is (was?) studying at MIT&T.

Correct. She was studying at MIT&T, where she reputedly formed her own matrix gang, until she was kidnapped in 2063 by members of Ex Pacis. (see: System Failure)

She is an otaku and goes by the name Lady Death.

Correct on both counts (see: Psychotrope).

She is involved in the System Failure events. I think she had something to do with one of the AIs.

Hitomi Shiawase was made an otaku by the artificial intelligence known as Mirage or Psychotrope during the brief Seattle Matrix blackout of 2059. Deus had Ex Pacis kidnap her in 2063 as a warning to Mirage.

Where is she now?

As of 2065, Hitomi was Empress of Japan and Chairman of the Board of Shiawase.

Has she been described anywhere? Novels, sourcebooks, etc. (icon, stats, physical, personallty, etc.)

The novel Psychotrope gives descriptions of her icon and personality, while System Failure and Shadows of Asia show she has improved her technical proficiencies and political acumen.

emo samurai
Isn't she Emperor Yasuhito's wife?
Calvin Hobbes
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Isn't she Emperor Yasuhito's wife?

No, Emperor Yasuhito is *her* husband. nyahnyah.gif
TheHappyAnarchist
That character is exceptionally cool. I may have to read Psychotrope again.
Mr.Platinum
I'm curious what you plan on using this info on?

any hints or do your players trol this part of the net?
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Ancient History)

She is (was?) studying at MIT&T.

Correct. She was studying at MIT&T, where she reputedly formed her own matrix gang, until she was kidnapped in 2063 by members of Ex Pacis. (see: System Failure)

[

Actually , IIRC , Hitomi wasn't kidnapped by Ex Pacis. She was kdnapped by the Whites, and they framed Ex Pacis. Pax and Deus had a bit of a falling out after the whole arcology thing, when he couldn't deliver on his promises to her. Which is why she got the other otaku (Puck I think it was) to betray Deus and plant the Egg in the Boston Exchange while the AI was upgrading.

Deus framed Ex Pacis to keep them off his 'back', but the real reason it was done was to warn off Mirage, because he was beginning to cooperate with Maegare/Morgan. He also had Bloodyguts and Dark Father kille,d which sucked because they were two of my favorite characters. All three were otaku created by Mirage in '60 when he shut down the Seattle grid. Consequently , Mirage backed off, and Deus continued with his plots for his network upgrade.
MaxHunter
Thanks you very much for the 411. I have not read Psychotrope, I'm afraid.

I'll search the net for a summary/review so I get the major ideas of what happens there.

Some of my players do roam this god-forgotten dark alley of the web, but not even one of them will dare defy my authority by reading below, or else their characters will end up selling old nutrisoy in a cheap bunraku house in Tenochtitlan.

This is what I want to do...

[ Spoiler ]

So far the campaign is doing very well, lots of fun and "flowing smoothly".
Thank you very much for the interest taken.

Cheers,

Max
MaxHunter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012