Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scrawls From the Sprawls
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ancient History
If anyone has one or more issues of Scrawls From the Sprawls, the Shadowrun APA, please IM me or send me an e-mail at ancient0history@yahoo.com
Mr.Platinum
what is this Scrawls fromt he Sprawls?
Ancient History
Scrawls From the Sprawls was a Shadowrun Amateur Press Association. A fanzine.
Mr.Platinum
and i though i knew alot abotu this game, goes to show even the little things will slip by.
Snow_Fox
I got Kage and one of the other 'zines but never heard of that one.
Adam
An APA isn't really a 'zine, as it's generally only distributed to those who contribute. I suspect the number of remaining collections is less than a dozen, if that.
Fix-it
way to make 3/4ths of us feel like punks again, AH. biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
AH--You may have tried it already, but a Google search of "Scrawls from the Sprawls" comes back with about 17 entries...listing specific names for contributors...One of them may have a copy. I am unsure who the actual editor was for this APA, but the editor may also have a digital backup though converting it to a readable format may take some effort depending on how far back you want to go.
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (McQuillan)
AH--You may have tried it already, but a Google search of "Scrawls from the Sprawls" comes back with about 17 entries...listing specific names for contributors...One of them may have a copy. I am unsure who the actual editor was for this APA, but the editor may also have a digital backup though converting it to a readable format may take some effort depending on how far back you want to go.

uh the lazy mans leg work.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum)
QUOTE (McQuillan @ Dec 31 2005, 10:48 PM)
AH--You may have tried it already, but a Google search of "Scrawls from the Sprawls" comes back with about 17 entries...listing specific names for contributors...One of them may have a copy.  I am unsure who the actual editor was for this APA, but the editor may also have a digital backup though converting it to a readable format may take some effort depending on how far back you want to go.

uh the lazy mans leg work.

Do you ever have anything constructive to say? Just curious.
Mr.Platinum
Not often, but every once in a while i have a question or answere a question some one has about the Game.

Mostly i just make Genral comments because i don't have to share my info of the rules, all you other GM's and Players do this for me.
Jrayjoker
Sounds good.
Mr.Platinum
I'm glad you except me in your heart.

**has a warm feeling and blushes**

God some one end my misery.
emo samurai
Is there a Shadowrun magazine out now?
BishopMcQ
Emo--Not exactly. Scrawls from the Sprawls, much like some other fan projects is an APA. Basically amateur writers work together, and one person gathers up the articles and transmits them to the other people in the group. This way people share their ideas and work, while gaining the insight and constructive criticism of their peers. My understanding of the Shadowrun Supplemental is that it works along a similar basis though it is made available to all the readers of Dumpshock.

Supplemental team--please correct me if I am mistaken.
Adam
The Shadowrun Supplemental really doesn't qualify as an APA in any way -- most of the contributors don't see any of the other material until the final product is made available.

I don't believe that Scrawls has been active for many years now, though.
Mr.Platinum
I've been doing some work on an area i have never seen, it's called Touristville source post.

I mostly did it cause i had a succeful year brining the love of shadowrun to Lake Head U's club called C.Th.U.L.U.

accually if it was not for dumpshock i never would of met these people.
Mr.Platinum
who says i never contribute. i just dont' share well.
Bull
Scrawls has been pretty much defunct, so far as I know, for a number of years now. My old GM, Steve Tinner, was a participant for a year or two. Shadowrun Authors Steve Kenson, Jon Szeto, Rich Tomasso, and Andy Frades (I think) were all a part of the APA before they broke into SR writing.

AH: I used to have an issue floating around here a few years ago, I'll look and see if it's still around. I'll also ask Tinner about it if I talk to him anytime soon.

Bull
Ancient History
Thanks Bull, I haven't had much luck.
Mr.Platinum
Well I am on a search for my 4th edition book, i'll do some asking around in Hamilton for you guys. If i find anything i'll give you a PM.

I guess i do contribute some times, it must be for the love of the Game.
Jrayjoker
There is a new SR3 fan publication starting back up called Rythm Underground. Currently Nyxll is coordinating, I have contributed to the first issue and plan to continue. It can be found here:The Rythm Underground if you are interested.

I realize it is not Scrawls from the Sprawls, but it may satisfy in some way shape or form in the interim. Comments to me or Nyxll are greatly appreciated, as well as more help. smile.gif
Mr.Platinum
No one in Hamilton at any game shop even heard of Sprawls from the Scrawls

Hmm i got the words mixed..oh well.
Adam
As was said earlier, Scrawls was an APA, not a 'zine, and thus was only distributed to those who contributed [and a few of their close friends/gaming group]. You couldn't just buy it in a store.
Mr.Platinum
it never hurts to ask around Adam.
warrior_allanon
hey jay ray, how do you get things posted to "Underground"
emo samurai
Are there any magazines devoted to Shadowrun right now? Since there's a big sales boost from SR4 and everything.
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 4 2006, 01:56 PM)
As was said earlier, Scrawls was an APA, not a 'zine, and thus was only distributed to those who contributed [and a few of their close friends/gaming group]. You couldn't just buy it in a store.

I kinda figured it was'nt for sale but you may never know who you bump into.

have you ever done leg work in shadow run? well it's what i do for a living, finding things.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (warrior_allanon)
hey jay ray, how do you get things posted to "Underground"

Yeah, do a forum search for "SR3 Publication" and post your thoughts in the thread (I believe it is in the Community Projects subforum). Or PM Nyxll, he/she/they is/are very good about responding quickly. I know for the first one we did all submissions were centered around one theme (Desert/Native American). I am sure there will be another one soon, and with a different theme.
Jrayjoker
Or just click here:

SR3 Publicataion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012