Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Handling Infusion and Atunement Metamagic
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fistandantilus4.0
Part of the difficulty I've been having for infusion is deciding just how to make the mechanics work. So far what we have done is rolled the adepts initiate grade for the centering test (since there is currently no point in an adept taking centering as they could in 3rd edition) , and add their successes to their skill/adept power rank.
Example:
Grade 3 initiate w/ Infusion - 2 point on Improved blades, rolls three dice , gets 1 hit, adds one hit to his Improved Blades.

here the details get a little iffy w/ the caps though.Would it still be limited by the augmented cap rule? Obviously this should be covered in Street Magic, but it's an issue we're having now, and who knows how long that may take to come out.

The second one , attunement, is in this case, attuning to an item/ weapon, specifically a sword. In 3rd, it gives you a -1 to all target numbers. The easiest way to chagne that around is to give a +1 or +2 to your dice pool, but that doesn't really seem like much when compared to the cost of initiation. What I have been doing up to this point is giving the +1 dice, and allowing 1 extra point of edge, but only when the attuned weapon is being used (and refills as 'normal').

Thoughts? Like I said, I think/hope that these will be covered in Street Magic , but that doesn't help me now.
Liper
um, infusion is a focus that just adds the ability....
fistandantilus4.0
no, there are infusion foci, as well as adept foci. But he infusion metamagic can strengthen an adpet power that you already have ,or get you one temporarily that you do not (like gaining tracelesswalk). We'd always played ot that you need someone to teach oyu to use the power, just like you need someone who has the power present to make the foci, although that isn't in the rules.

In SOTA 64, the original power gives you .25 power points for each succes that you make on a centering test, for a good amount of time too. Nice for adepts that don't have a lot of options for metamagics after a few grades fo iniitaiton.
Liper
oh yeah duh, fusion vs infusion.

god I feel like it's a dragonball Z episode here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012