Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [RL] South Korea....
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kyuhan
Check it out:

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/200601/kt2...17112710160.htm
mfb
``Three kinds of households machines will commercially debut this October. They will sell for 1-2 million won, a price that will not scare off customers. The low price is possible since they are empowered by outside networks instead of incorporated software,'' Oh said.

no doubt the price is partially subsidized by the lowered R&D costs for hackproofing the robots. nothing like ten years of actual use in the field to figure out what might be wrong with your system.
fistandantilus4.0
that was my first thought: security and military drones connected to wireless internet. What could possibly go wrong.
mfb
shh, you're ruining our shot at a GitS future.
Edward
They said they moved most of the sensors of the robot, I wonder how they achieved that.

Edward
emo samurai
HACKER PARADISE!!! HACKER PARADISE!!!

Plus, these things are about 1023 dollars; they're not that expensive. Just how good are these things if they're that cheap? Can they chase down crooks, or do they just spot them and chase animals? For the first function, we just need cameras. For the second, we could just have a bunch of dogs.
mfb
QUOTE (Edward)
They said they moved most of the sensors of the robot, I wonder how they achieved that.

by giving the robot a link to other sensors. the robot navigates via satmap, avoids obstacles seen through traffic cameras, and is fed targets by spotters.
CeaDawg
delay times from info relay from spotter, calibration of spotter's targeting system, calibration of drone's fire control relay system, calibration of weapon feed system & drone's propulsion system & feedback.....downtime estimates are 360 days of maintenance, 2 shots fired in 1 day, the rest of the day + the next 4 are used for finding the lost drone that went down in some farmer's pig pen. Accuracy estimates are 1st aiming shot is a near miss, the 2nd shot is a 1/2 klick off in la la land, & the 3rd never gets off due to gyro sync loss on the targeting array.
Edward
QUOTE (mfb @ Jan 28 2006, 08:06 AM)
QUOTE (Edward)

by giving the robot a link to other sensors. the robot navigates via satmap, avoids obstacles seen through traffic cameras, and is fed targets by spotters.

Sat maps and traffic control traffic control integration is one thing but if you want it to identify intruders (that are not still on the road) its going to need some non pre-existing cameras, some benefit could be gained from using fixed security cameras but they rarely have close to full coverage.

It also means they have very limited mobility, if they move out of your full camera coverage aria they are blind.

Edward
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012