Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Completely Random Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nomad
Can anyone give me the cost for a white noise generator in SR3? For personally reasons, I find myself seperated from my SR books for a while.
Aku
1500*rating
Nomad
Thank you
Ophis
That wasn't a random question, it was one you wanted wanted the answer too, that had a reason behind it.
Apathy
Hmmm, random questions...
  • What would the ballistic armor rating be for a 1' thick slab of liver?
  • If you chop a vampire in half, which end regenerates? Could you create new vampires via mitosis this way?
  • Can vampires, banshees, dzoo-no-qua, etc be infected with bug spirits? ...and then go free...and then be inhabited by shedium while astrally projecting?
  • If you put a Cerebral Booster in an animal, is it actually smarter than your average troll?
  • (Barbara Walters voice) If you were an awakened tree, what kind of tree would you be?
nick012000
QUOTE (Apathy)
  • If you chop a vampire in half, which end regenerates? Could you create new vampires via mitosis this way?
  • Can vampires, banshees, dzoo-no-qua, etc be infected with bug spirits? ...and then go free...and then be inhabited by shedium while astrally projecting?
  • If you put a Cerebral Booster in an animal, is it actually smarter than your average troll?
  • (Barbara Walters voice) If you were an awakened tree, what kind of tree would you be?

1. 0
2. The bigger half regenerates, the other half dies.
3. Yes, they can be infested with Bug Spirits, but they'll lose their HMHVV-granted powers. Bug spirits can't astrally project if they're flesh forms, so no shedim possessions.
4. No. Animals lack the Sentience power.
5. I dunno.
Apathy
QUOTE (nick012000)
QUOTE (Apathy @ Feb 2 2006, 10:10 AM)

1. 0

How about Impact rating? a foot thick is a lot of padding.
MK Ultra
Well actually the vampire-bug may retain some of its powers (see T2).

More random questions:
-Is anybody out there?
-Whatīs Scales first name?
-can you use flechete with a sound supressor?
-why was Dunkelzahn so blue?
-any other random questions?
MK Ultra
QUOTE (MK Ultra)

wondering if a moscito spirit would get a bonus here?
Apathy
QUOTE (nick012000)
Bug spirits can't astrally project if they're flesh forms, so no shedim possessions.

Don't good merge flesh forms retain the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the host? if the host had the ability to cast spells, or project astrally, wouldn't the good merge have that capability as well?
nick012000
QUOTE (MK Ultra)

More random questions:
-Is anybody out there?

1. Maybe.
2. Who is Scales?
3. Yes.
4. Because that's what his genetics said.
MK Ultra
QUOTE (nick012000)
2. Who is Scales?
4. Because that's what his genetics said.

2. Scale is a true drake of Lofwyrīs, possibly has no first name..

4. But maybe he was blue, because he knew heīd have to die just after winning the elections and even before the party ended.
Straight Razor
what are the rules for chopping a in-coming missile, that was launched from an attack helicopter, in half with a katana?

Dawnshadow
QUOTE (Straight Razor)
what are the rules for chopping a in-coming missile, that was launched from an attack helicopter, in half with a katana?

Make attack roll with dice thrown at you by GM and fellow players. Then resist damage as it explodes.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Straight Razor)

Nah...make an open roll with a -20 modifier to your roll for speed/called shot (you are CALLING the shot so you don't attempt to cut the explosive, right?)/distraction/visibility/difficulty of maneuver. The TN is 30.

If your roll is all ones after the modifier, then you failed badly. If you actually roll a 50...you deserve to survive the EXPLOSION. But not the aftereffects - I.E. the wind shear of something BIG moving VERY FAST right past you plus the resultant ground shrapnel from something BIG, moving VERY FAST, hitting the ground VERY CLOSE TO YOU.

grinbig.gif
Austere Emancipator
Imagine your character in the main fireball that appears when a Hellfire hits something (sword blade, sheetrock, whatever) (1.9Mb avi) and extrapolate from there.
Quix
Scales was its first name

Dunk was blue because he was roalty

Who's liver are we talking about?

If the larger half of the vampire doesn't include the head does regeneration give him all of his memories/skills back too? biggrin.gif grinbig.gif biggrin.gif grinbig.gif
warrior_allanon
QUOTE (MK Ultra)

More random questions:
-Is anybody out there?

1. yes there are many out there
2. I dont know
3. actually no you cannont, the rules say (the exception being the slivergun) that to use a sound suppressor or a silencer you must be using a solid slug
4. my guess would be genetics as well
5. what is the total speed (terminal velocity) of an average size troll when he hits the ground from a 30,000 foot freefall (i want an actual Ft per sec. here)
The Stainless Steel Rat
QUOTE (warrior_allanon)
(i want an actual Ft per sec. here)

You'll get an answer in metric and like it! Everybody knows that everything in the future is metric.

Jeez...
ChuckRozool
Is it sad that ppl actually have answers to these "random" question?
MK Ultra
QUOTE (ChuckRozool)
Is it sad that ppl actually have answers to these "random" question?

Everything is sad, on the other hand nothing is sad wobble.gif

Off-Topic (because not random) Q: Who/What is "ppl"

On-Topic Q: Why?
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
Off-Topic (because not random) Q: Who/What is "ppl"
Instant messenger idiot for 'people.'
On-Topic Q: Why?
Drop Bear domination plan 1527 subsection B, installing arbitrarily ordered and selected compulsions into the reading populace of Dumpshock as well the viewers of CNN (their systems were easy to hack).
MK Ultra
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
Drop Bear domination plan 1527 subsection B, installing arbitrarily ordered and selected compulsions into the reading populace of Dumpshock as well the viewers of CNN (their systems were easy to hack).

Off-Topic Q: Which page of the DB-Threat do I find this on? smile.gif

On-Topic Q: Why are blue stuffers so well recived by the generic customer?
hyzmarca
If Dunkelzhan married Neil Diamond would he be Dunkelzhan Diamond or would Neil be Neil Dunkelzhan?
TheNarrator
I think they'd both hyphenate.
Straight Razor
what is the total speed (terminal velocity) of an average size troll when he hits the ground from a 30,000 foot freefall (i want an actual Ft per sec. here)

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/dynam...ics/q0203.shtml
Quix
I don't have my books available so I had to fudge a few things.
Assuming constant air pressure(perhaps not valid over 30,000 ft but close enough for goverment work)
assume troll is a flat non tumbling disc 2.8 meters in diameter, shut up makes my math easier.
Terminal velocity= sqrt(1.555416*mass in kg)

Don't have a troll mass handy.

For a 280kg troll, don;t know if reasonable Vt=20.87 m/s
or about 47 mph

Where can I get purple potatoes?
MK Ultra
In SR? Probably nowere, the little real tatoes still around will probably all be yellow. Or everywere, if you donīt mind soy, simply select the color on your fridgewave.

Sooo?
Starfurie
QUOTE (Dawnshadow)
QUOTE (Straight Razor @ Feb 2 2006, 02:36 PM)

Make attack roll with dice thrown at you by GM and fellow players. Then resist damage as it explodes.

The explosives are stable enough not to explode, but the burning missile fuel would be a problem.
Starfurie
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
If Dunkelzhan married Neil Diamond would he be Dunkelzhan Diamond or would Neil be Neil Dunkelzhan?

What ever Dunkelzhan specified in the prenupt.
Starfurie
QUOTE (Quix @ Feb 3 2006, 06:00 PM)
I don't have my books available so I had to fudge a few things.
Assuming constant air pressure(perhaps not valid over 30,000 ft but close enough for goverment work)
assume troll is a flat non tumbling disc 2.8 meters in diameter, shut up makes my math easier.
Terminal velocity= sqrt(1.555416*mass in kg)

Don't have a troll mass handy.

For a 280kg troll, don;t know if reasonable Vt=20.87 m/s
or about 47 mph.

Average terminal velocity for a human is about 130 mph, but a skydiver in a high speed dive and push it to 300 mph. The actual mass, size, orientation and number and size of "warts" (for smoothness of airflow) are important for calculating final speed.

(I am such a math geek.)

How much ground could a groundhog hog if a groundhog could hog ground?
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Starfurie)
The explosives are stable enough not to explode, but the burning missile fuel would be a problem.

That depends on the design of the fuze. Assuming you have an insanely sharp and indestructible katana (aren't they all?) that is pointed edge-first exactly in the middle of the missile, what you're going to be smashing through first is the fuze. Even very complicated point-detonating fuzes have, at their core, a detonator with very sensitive primary explosive. As the sword runs through the detonator, that primary explosive is very likely to go off.

Now, before impact (and since we have a supersharp sword that does not bend or give a nanometer, the fuze has not registered an impact) the detonator is positioned such that it going off would not normally set off the main explosive charge. Problem is, as soon as the detonator starts to ignite, your sword is already shearing through the metal that separates the detonator from the rest of the explosive train and the main charge. Because of the sensitivity of the explosive train within the fuze, it will likely carry the detonation even though the detonator does not exert the normal amount of pressure and heat on it. This detonation continues through the fuze assembly much faster than the missile is traveling through the sword, so it reaches the main charge before the sword even though the sword has a head start.

[Edit]Silly me, the detonator in the rotor assembly of most modern point-detonating fuzes gets aligned as soon as it is armed. So as soon as your sword hits the detonator, it's a race between the sword and the detonation to the main charge, and the explosive is a likely winner at 15,000-30,000fps+ vs. 1000-3000fps.[/Edit]

With any real sword, of course, the point detonating fuze would immediately be set off as the sword starts exerting a force against the probe cap, and if you don't hit the fuze the missile goes off normally as it hits you.

(You won't outgeek me. nyahnyah.gif)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012