Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4thE Cource book ship dates?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ryanstone
I was on the Shadowrunrpg site and I swear I read that the GM screen was shipping in January and the nirst 4e Adventure was shipping this month.
I went back there today and the dates are now listed as "upcomming."
Has anyone heard anything about when the new source books are comming out?
SL James
1. No one has them

2. Several people have asked already. Is the search link that hard to find?
ryanstone
Thanks for the response.
In regard to your question: No. The search link is not hard to find. In fact it's rather easy to find. However, all 5 of the searches I performed resulted in errors. Before you come up with yet another brilliant remark about me needed to learn how to use the search function, I shall inform you that I am not only familier with it's location, but with it's function as well.
Deadjester
Hehe I would have just said, search link? There is a search link? Then see if they want to spend the time to actualy explain it.

biggrin.gif
Chaos Kingpin
QUOTE (SL James)
1. No one has them

2. Several people have asked already. Is the search link that hard to find?

This is addressed to everyone. SL James's comment was merely an inspiration...

I have seen this type of response several times now and have gotten it myself. It is pointless and inefficient. Not only is ryanstone's question not addressed, but ryanstone is also given a sarcastic jab.

It would have taken just as much time to give out some relevant useful information.

Searches on forums like this can be wild goose chases or simply not even work (i.e. error messages).

When someone is asking a question, if you don't have an answer, don't respond. If you do have good information, share it. If you yourself had good results from a particular search (i.e. "Shadowrun 4 AND Gamemaster Screen") then share that too.

Negative re-enforcement does nothing for the recipient but cause frustration. I am assuming people respond to oft asked questions in this manner to try and be helpful, but may not realize that they simply end up sounding arrogant and dismissive.

Just a thought. indifferent.gif
Aku
Actually, he did answer one part of the question, and given ryanstone's relative newbness to the forum (just over 2 months) he may not have been aware of the search function

silly.gif

I do agree however, that they are generally trying to be helpful and/or comedic, and generally fail at both.

(can you get any more neutral than that without giving an answer? i should go into politics...)
Chaos Kingpin
Not to nitpick but he actually diden't answer ANY of it. Ryanstone asked if anyone knew when the new books were coming out.

The answer was "no one has them"

And "newbieness" is rather irreleavant and misleading these days, as forums have been around as long as the internet has. I am new here too, but participate in many forum,s and they all function pretty much the same way.
Jaid
actually, he did answer part of the question. "them" in his answer would refer to the dates in question. If you read the thread topic, you will see that that's what was being answered.

which, now that i read the first post, is actually the only question asked, basically... "does anyone have the release dates?" [edit] the answer to which is "no, no one has them" [/edit]
Chaos Kingpin
this is starting to be rather humorous...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012