Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: System Failure
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Reaver
Has anyone GM'd System Failure yet? If so, what plot hooks have you used from the book?
SL James
Yes. I still am, in fact.

I haven't used any of the ones in the book, per se, although one of them is kinda-sorta related to what I'm doing just because it's the only canon reference to Tir Tairngire in the book.
stevebugge
I'm just getting started on it, but I'm using SR4 Rules and merging it in to Brainscan (and yes severely altering the Canon Timeline, but in our game shutdown or not the Arc was pretty much a no go zone for our group so wehter it shutdown for two weeks or 4 and a half years didn't make any difference to us). We just started the first scenario in Brainscan, so I'm aways a way from having much info. Also important to note I'm using this as my SR-3 to $ crossover for a large number of existing characters, most of our players have at least 3 so I'm separating them so that different teams can participate in different events on the actual crash dates.

That said I'm planning on using The Monji Sanko Kidnap, The Jack Dylan disappearance, the Hiro Tanawa Protection run, the Dankwalther and Villiers sides of working for the man, and the Novatech Civil War. I may have some of them involved in raids on Winternight Camps on November 1 and then caught in Events of the Crash in nearbay locations afterwards. Whetehr or not I'll use any of the Aftershock events will depend entirely on how burnedout I personally am after taking GM duties (we rotate GM's in our group) for a few months straight.
Calvin Hobbes
Basic setup. The group's semi-loyal to Villiers/Lanier, so they already laid out Art, so I had to adjust the story to more be the other two former Fuchi heads being behind the events.

I have a game set in canon System Failure that's remained pretty consistent with the metaplot besides Art buying it. It's been about six games into the crash so far, and the team was involved in some of the setup gigs (planting a code egg, extracting one of Pax's Otaku from a hit squad,) and three games ago they were in the midst of it: the decker died fighting the virus, having decided to check out these rumors about something happening online, and the Street Sam lost his 1.6 million dollar derigible that had operated as his home base when he raided a corp the team had planted a code egg at. Unsure of how much info about him survived on the blimp, he's decided to flee the country to start life again with the money from some of his shadowgear, and the rest of the team...

In the aftermath, the three left of the team's put together "the list": 42 names of people, corps and organizations that have fragged them in the past 11 years in-game, and they're taking vengeance against a lot of them, hoping that they'll lead the group to the person responsible for the crash. I'm leaning towards letting them find someone tres evil for their denoument, but I'm kind of vaccilating on who this will be. In the meantime, the Decker left the game and the Street Sam has joined me as a kind of co-storyteller.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012