Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many dumpshockers does it take
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Platinum
This is old, but my wife sent it to me. Several names came immediately to mind.

How many dumpshockers does it take to change a lightbulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Five to flame the spell checkers.

Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light
bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post
the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."

Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.

AND

One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now with something unrelated they found at snopes.com<about:blank> and start it all over again!
Ancient History
Guilty.
Tanka
This was originally done with plain old forums in mind.

Oh, and your father smells like paint.
Zolhex
Lightbulbs

google lightbulbs

And I could care less as to how it is spelled

Also yes I did this just cause it said someone would LOL!!!!!!!!!
Oracle
*LOL*

I'm sorry. This was so tempting.
Voran
Is this a run? If it is I won't do it for less than coverage of my Middle rated lifestyle!
stevebugge
You missed the one to Dikote the Lightbulb (Light Bulb) and try to have sex with it.
PBTHHHHT
Heh, oh geez, this thread is being revived. biggrin.gif
nezumi
I heard in Australia some guy screwed a light bulb in only to realize it was a drop bear in disguise. Be sure to always check that your light bulbs aren't hairy and carniverous!
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
Heh, oh geez, this thread is being revived.

Yeah, it's really lighting up the boards.
PBTHHHHT
Better than some other threads out there. Though, if I have multiple arms attached to me like MechaShiva, I think I can change more than one lightbulb at the same time! wink.gif
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
Better than some other threads out there. Though, if I have multiple arms attached to me like MechaShiva, I think I can change more than one lightbulb at the same time! wink.gif

Now you know why the corps put wired reflexes in everybody. Meetings take half as long, they cut breaks in half, twice the lightbulb changing ability. Triple productivity. Hell, with mechashiva employees could eat while they work; and combine that with skillwires so they can sleep while the work four times as fast, too! Plus Leonization allows for a nealy immortal sleepworking fourarmed wiredreflexed workforce.
nezumi
Funny, some of us eat and sleep while we work all the time as it is. Maybe we're adepts.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (nezumi)
Funny, some of us eat and sleep while we work all the time as it is. Maybe we're adepts.

Amen to that. Though it's 4:30 here at work and I still haven't eaten anything yet... Almost time to grab some food from Whole Foods and eat at the desk. Gonna be one of those evenings, dinner at work... frown.gif
xizor
Why change the light bulb?
I have a flash light grinbig.gif
PBTHHHHT
wink.gif What about those with low-light and thermo vision?
craigpierce
didn't we go through this already a short time ago?
PBTHHHHT
oh, someone else to dredge this back up... biggrin.gif
Platinum
Do they call flashlites torches in England?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012