Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ask Ankle Biter (IC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Ankle Biter
Lazy man intro, ask my veteran SR 2nd/3rd ed character IC for IC running tips.

Long intro.

OOC introduction: Hello, all, I am former player of shadowrun who moved and now can't find a group, I have played in 2nd and 3rd edition campaigns and have not even seen a 4th edition book, my main character who I have been playing on and off roughly 7 years is Ankle Biter, a dwarf rigger who started as a joke character, in the campaign IC a character's handle was chosen by their peers, I had a charisma of one, and a penchant for horned helmets.

As I believed in playing my weaknesses the rest of the group really did not like me by the end of the first session, so my first exp purchase was a point of charisma. That helped a lot, and since then I have had a whale of a time with him.

Current state of affairs is that Ankle Biter is in semi retirement with his wife and adopted child. He has a permanent mid lifestyle in the Seattle Barrens, and lives under an ablative house built to collapse and blow up spectacularly should it be directly assaulted. He deeply wants a job working security for Renraku, but for some reason his ideas about monowire grenades and warded strain III firehoses have not been accepted as "sane".

As I have not got the time to regularly role play any more, I wanted to see how else I could get my hand in, and found this fine forum. IC Ankle Biter has set up whatever the 4th edition version of a matrx node is offering advice for would be runners. If shadowlands still exists it is in there. The set up is similar to cosmo magazine "ask Dr fillintheblank" sites, with a pink chintz feel to it. The concept is simple. Ask a quesiton, and when he has time Ankle Biter will answer. This is entirely IC, so Ankle Biter cannot answer rules queries (cos I don't have the latest book) or anything about the 4th edition version of the Matrix because he is an olde worlde 3rd ed rigger (and cos I don't have the latest book). What he can do is a bit of free form role play with zero commitment.

Note to GMs if your characters are posting here IC the location of this place is in a shadowlands equivalent level of security. Ankle Biter will not edit out details of a run that a player asks for help with, as he believes in evolution. Any matrix attack on him and he cuts power to the node. Ankle Biter does not mind Dump Shock.

Ankle Biter's avatar is a fairly standardised olde worlde beardy gruff chain mail and leather clad dwarf, who smells of something sharp and noxious. He looks somewhat out of place on his pink chintzy comfy chair. He removes a pair of wire rimmed spectacles, absently polishes them with his beard, replaces them,
and says:

IC:
Now, young runner, how can I help?
Ophis
Dude, you can sort out your adopted son who is living life dressed as a woman.
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (Ophis)
Dude, you can sort out your adopted son who is living life dressed as a woman.

Andkle Biter's fuzzy eyebrows raise in surprise.

"If you think I have a problem with my child's gender then I suggest that you take a look around you some time. There's a lot worse drek out there, from corps offering free sterilisation of minority metahumans under the guise of family planning to bug spirits soul raping friends of mine. If my son wants to go around in a skirt, then drek it I will help him pick out colours."

OOC note

Ophis? aren't you dead?
Ophis
OOC- I just shifted here:)

IC- Thats very accepting of you, but he should tell people before they end up in bed.
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (Ophis)
OOC- I just shifted here:)

IC- Thats very accepting of you, but he should tell people before they end up in bed.

Ankle Biter keeps on a poker face, but a twinkle in his eye suggests he is trying not to laugh.

Hrm... a dissatisfied partner I assume? I will admit that I find it rather odd that he choose not to mention that part of it, and will have a word with him forthwith. There are people out there who take offence at that sort of thing and I would not want to see anybody hurt. Then again i'm impressed with his pulling power.

Would you like any tips on picking out biological females? I'm sure my son could give you a few pointers if you asked him nicely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012