Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Testing the Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Lindt
Im probing intrest in a(yet another) nautical themed game. Sr3 base, and comming out of the gulf coast area. Think more backroom trader, and less high seas buckneer.

So whos intrested?
Bearclaw
I'm interested in anything on the water, but I'd be more interested if you did fourth ed.
Lindt
Not gonna happen. There is one book for sr4, and its mostly useless to an advanced game (as this will be, I mean, I cant even give you guys a good boat, the one thats close to 'big' enough is only slightly bigger then a delivery van for goddess sakes).
Bearclaw
Well, it looks like I'm interested anyway smile.gif
Jaid
nonsense. there's a yacht in SR4.

kinda cheap for a yacht, mind you, but hey, yachts are decent sized =P

maybe not tough enough to warrant a very high body, but big...
Wounded Ronin
Meh, there's so much SR4 now that more SR3 is needed. nyahnyah.gif
Glyph
I'd be interested in bringing Ziptide back. What kind of char-gen rules are we looking at?
Chance359
I'm also interested, and it will give me my SR fix while deployed.
Lindt
Im not entirly sure yet, though it wont be much out of the norm. Odds are 123 points. Im still trying to gauge intrest. (and I promise Ill use a spell checker once we get going)

So far we have:
Chance359
Glyph (yay Ziptide is back for the second attempt)
Bearclaw
Sicarius
would a potential Face/Smuggler type work? if so I might be able to submit one by tomorrow or the next day.
Chance359
I was thinking something of a phys ad leaning toward stealth.
Lindt
A face type charcter would be great (as long as your not one of those twink adept faces, cause then id have to like, drop the QE2 on you or something).

Stealth Phys Ad is ok, but I may have some trouble finding places for him to shine with any real brightness.

Im not in a rush to start, I have some work to do for an IRL project, so Ill post a charcter generation thread on say, monday the 20th?

What I will tell you is that I am going to encourage you all to have a broader range of skills, rather then four skills at 6. Im good at scaling, so just remember that the more powerfull you are, the more powerfull your oponents will be too.
nick012000
I'll join. How about a Shark Shaman?
Chance359
Actually after watching all of Firefly and Serenity in one night I'm leaning more toward a Jayne type character. Ork mercenary with questionably loyalty.
Lindt
<3 Shaman.

No problem with the ork merc type, and the questionable loyalty is a good thing =)
Bearclaw
Do we need "Ship" skills, or are boat skills good?
I've got an Orc Mechanic/Gunner/Pirate I'd like to use. But, if I don't need Ship skills I could drive a sub instead smile.gif
Lindt
Well what you will be 'given' is a boat, but I will be involving ships, so your call. But remember this wont be a 'days of wodden boats and iron men' bit as far as pirate.

As far as what your boat is, well thats your decision. Any money put to its construction will be making it. To an extent at least. If I have 3 players Ill be taking that into consideration. If I have 8, I will be as well. Savy?
Sicarius
Vaclav Lukes, Czech immigrant, small time arms dealer,smuggler, and all around good guy. Likes: Linguasofts, cold beers, wearing uncomfortable suits in tropical heat, pina coladas and getting caught in the rain Dislikes: getting shot at, lie detector tests

Sound good?

Lindt
I try and run a less then serious game anyway, so thats great =)

I will be posting an official Char-gen thread monday morning, and hope to start by april 3rd-ish.

Just remember that if no one sets money aside for the boat Ill be giving you a jet ski wink.gif
Bearclaw
I'll have 50K or so to pitch in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012