Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grand Theft Auto
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Signal
When I used to GM previous editions of Shadowrun, one of my players' favorite activities was stealing cars for various uses. Now that the world has gone all wireless in 2070, I'm wondering if things have changed any:

Are most cars in 2070 locked with a maglock or old fashioned key-lock?

If it's not key-locked, how hard do you think it would be (device ratings and so forth) to hack open the door to your typical car, then hack the car to get it to start up?

Could a maglock passkey/sequencer be used to access the car and get it started?

What do you think some default security features would be for most cars in 2070? Would they all be equipped with IC? An auto-shutoff feature? An agent that alerts police once it realizes it's been hacked?
Backgammon
Previous thread, exact same subject
Signal
Thanks! biggrin.gif
Rooks
synopsis: use hardware or automechanics depending on your GM
OR
1 use SNIFFER to find the node
2 BROWSE to locate the comlink
3 EXPLOIT to find a way into the comlink
4 BROWSE to find the car
5 EXPLOIT to find a way in
6 EDIT subscription list so you are the only sole owner
7 another EDIT ro remove him from the list
8 SPOOF to hide your data trail
9 EXPLOIT the transponder
10 EDIT the transponder

programs used: Sniffer, Browse x 2, Exploit x 3, Edit x 3, Spoof
Signal
More thanks! grinbig.gif
Aaron
QUOTE (Rooks)
1 use SNIFFER to find the node

Again, I don't have the rules in front of me, but isn't it Scan to find nodes and Sniffer to find traffic?
Rooks
QUOTE (Aaron)
QUOTE (Rooks @ Mar 28 2006, 12:18 PM)
1  use SNIFFER to find the node

Again, I don't have the rules in front of me, but isn't it Scan to find nodes and Sniffer to find traffic?

True but you still need sniffer to intercept traffic from a hacked node as well as insert fake traffic from a node (Yes previous owner, the car is still there and is responding to your every command)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012