Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Info Request For Recoil
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Magus
Hoi Chummers and Chummettes wink.gif
I have a question on recoil. Specifically the recoil modifier on the Panther Cannon. My Troll Street Sam, is getting one soon. So says me what am I looking at to fire the damn thing. I have Agility of 4 Heavy Weapons of 4 Smartlink enabled. It comes with a rigid stock to absorb some shock so that is 1 pt of recoil taken care of. It is a Heavy Weapon so any uncomped recoil is doubled. But it is a Single Shot weapon with a clip of 15. So how do I reconcile the recoil?
hobgoblin
given the stock and the single shot fire rate, its 0 recoil. that is unless i have missed something...
Shrike30
The x2 modifier for heavy weapons is only applied to uncompensated recoil. While you could finagle a way for a PAC user to wind up getting a second shot with *something* after that first shot with the PAC (like the SMG in your other hand, if you're going off the wall), you're only firing one round from it... with it's 1 point of RC from the stock, you're able to cancel out the (potential) -1 from that first round (since there's no uncompensated recoil left to double).
Jaid
i would argue that if you use one gun in each hand, you're probably not using the stock on the panther.

but otherwise, what they said.
Nikoli
you could just lash a pain inducer to the side as a secondary weapon, so you're always using the stock, and let's face it, if the survivors aren't already running for their lives, the pain inducer surely will. though I'm thinking that a better plan would be to rig the pain inducer as a "laser" sight for the PAC...
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (Nikoli)
...and let's face it, if the survivors aren't already running for their lives, the pain inducer surely will.

Visions of a pain inducer screaming like a girl and legging it are filling my silly little mind....
sandchigger
Thank god I'm not the only one who got that image...
Magus
So the only big deal about this weapon is the DV and getting the correct ammo. The description is kinda misleading as to its horrendous recoil.
huh, interesting.
fool
I kind of like the description given in a previous thread refgarding this... the gm used the don't even think about it modifier and the assault cannon would knock even the beefiest troll on his ass and probably break his shoulder in the process.
But by the rules there is no need for any shock pads or such for the asswault cannon so if your gm isn't really controlling have fun.
hobgoblin
im jsut waiting for the firearms book, and the rules for making it a FA weapon silly.gif
GrinderTheTroll
I ask this question a while back since the Panther Cannon XXL is a SS rated wep, yet it has a Recoil Comp of 1. Conclusion was more or less, "the decription says so" but there is no game mechanic to justify any need for it to have any RC.

At that point the thread degraded into the various muchkinism ways to abuse it, lol.

~GTT
NightHaunter
Is there any natural recoil comp any more?
I can't find a reference, doesn't mean it's not there.
Or some house rules anyone is using?
blakkie
QUOTE (NightHaunter)
Is there any natural recoil comp any more?
I can't find a reference, doesn't mean it's not there.
Or some house rules anyone is using?

You mean the recoil comp from high Strength rule in Cannon Companion in SR3? Not in SR4, yet.
NightHaunter
Thanks thats what I thought.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012