Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What in blazes does everyone LOOK like?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Muskie
I've been trying to do a little research for my campaign, and I find that there are practicaly no actual descriptions for many major characters as far as I have been able to find..they're probably in some obscure sourcebook, but honestly.

How do you guys describe your major plot characters? like, what does Dunklezahn actually Look like? looking at PoaD, I can guess that he's blue, But I honestly don't know. (only Pic I can find is http://ironwindmetals.com/catalog/product_...roducts_id=1658 <- Here, and can someone loan me 13 bucks?)

And what about Damien Knight or other Megacorp CEOs? The most we normally get in the books is "Caucasian male human, late 30s", pretty much.

Only person I know for sure what they look like is Nadja Daviar. nyahnyah.gif
Lindt
Odd, I dont recall him being blue on the cover of Super Tuesday... though I may well be wrong.
Magus
What does Nadja look like? All I can find on DS is about her perky Nipples and Gorgeous Gams
Kagetenshi
Luscious gams, please.

~J
Ancient History
Silver and blue scale coloring with black eyes.
nezumi
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Silver and blue scale coloring with black eyes.

Nadja has silver and blue scales?

We see Miles Lanier described in First Run. Aside from that I guess it's just basic assumptions. Everyone in Renraku looks like a short Japanese man (if he's an office worker) or a tall Japanese man if he's security. Damien Knight looks like kick-ass restricted to human flesh.
Kanada Ten
Villiers (or is that Lanier) has a picutre in System Failure, La Dame de Morte appears in either Smuggle Havens or Undewrold (though I'm pretty sure it's Rowena O'Malley in the latter), a bunch of dragons and their voices appear in DotSW, though Lofwry's human form is in Blood in the Boardroom, and Buttercup has a picture somewhere (oh, yeah, it's in Corporate Download. Hum, I know there is more: the Emporer of Japan shows up in YotC plus with his otaku wife in SoA, and Saito gets pictures in both Threats 2 and SoNA. Lugh Surehand and Ehran the Scribe have color pictures in TT, while Jenna Ni'Farra has a black and white. The rest of the Tir princes appear in SoNA. Harlequin is in both books of his.
SL James
QUOTE (Lindt)
Odd, I dont recall him being blue on the cover of Super Tuesday... though I may well be wrong.

He's red on the cover of ST. That was explained as an act of Matrix vandalism in the opening of a later sourcebook.
Wounded Ronin
I just make everyone look like an 80s sterotype. All Japanese powerful people are thin and have impeccable suits. All shadowrunners have giant hair and leather jackets, unless they're magically active. Just watch 80s movies until your eyes bleed and soon the descriptions will begin to write themselves.
stevebugge
Damien Knight looks like Chuck Norris
Lindt
QUOTE (SL James @ Apr 11 2006, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (Lindt @ Apr 11 2006, 02:24 PM)
Odd, I dont recall him being blue on the cover of Super Tuesday...  though I may well be wrong.

He's red on the cover of ST. That was explained as an act of Matrix vandalism in the opening of a later sourcebook.

Ahhh. I had to pull my copy out to check, and lo, hes red.

So retcon much FASA? wink.gif

And thank you K, I was going to have to correct him as well.
HMHVV Hunter
It's tough to come across pictures of the big players in SR, I know. I've usually just conjured up an image in my mind of what they look like.

I'm fairly certain Damien Knight was seen in "Target: UCAS" (At least I think the picture by the beginning of his profile was him).

Yeah, Lofwyr's on the cover of Corporate Download.

A lot of the dragons had their pics in "Dragons of the Sixth World," of course (though the only one of Perianwyr was him passed-out drunk nyahnyah.gif )

Come to think of it, I have no clue what any of the Shiawases look like. Have they ever had any pics?

Same deal for Inazo Aneki, Yuri Shibanokuji and Wu-Lung Wei.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ Apr 11 2006, 05:50 PM)
Come to think of it, I have no clue what any of the Shiawases look like.

Well, we know that one of them is really really pale...
Ophis
Hitomi is a hot, plae asian chick in big new rocks, or a japanes princess with a fan see SoA japan bit for her piccie. there should be more piccie of the exotaku exvampire emperess CEO(or chairman or whatever she is) of shiawase
Kremlin KOA
knightis in corp shadowfles I think
pic of david gavilan
since he got elonzed he should look like that again
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
knightis in corp shadowfles I think
pic of david gavilan
since he got elonzed he should look like that again

You mean Corporate Download?

I think that pic's a fake, personally, given that Gavilan's name is clearly misspelled on his nametag (and as one Shadowland poster put it, digital pics in and of themselves hardly constitute conclusive proof).
Kremlin KOA
I meant shadowfiles, it might be in download

besides that gavilan is knight is canon
HMHVV Hunter
The impression I got was that it was strongly, strongly suspected that he was, but no concrete proof could be established because of the lack of records (Crash of '29 combined with Knight's considerable hacking skills and unfettered access to computer records with his new cyberdeck, making it easy for him to erase them).

In the words of Target: UCAS, "All that is known for certain is that Damien Knight is not his real name."
mfb
QUOTE (Magus)
What does Nadja look like? All I can find on DS is about her perky Nipples and Gorgeous Gams

well, her nipples are also brown--either large brown, or dark brown, don't recall which. i'm not sure if they are, by canon, perky. you are of course free to describe them as such in your own game!
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (mfb)
QUOTE (Magus)

well, her nipples are also brown--either large brown, or dark brown, don't recall which. i'm not sure if they are, by canon, perky. you are of course free to describe them as such in your own game!

Ah, the gratuitous sex scene in "Stranger Souls" - I don't remember how detailed it was in that regard, but I seem to remember it was quite...hot nyahnyah.gif
BookWyrm
One of these days, I'm gonna order that Dunkelzahn mini.
SL James
QUOTE (mfb @ Apr 11 2006, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (Magus)

Large.

Dark was the SL meme only because spud wasn't paying attention (I assume because Grey Knight and Banshee were probably doing naughty things, and he was otherwise preoccupied).

Anyway, there is a pretty good aggregate description of her collected over various books. But since I'm not AH, I don't particularly feel obliged to share them with you all in one concise document.
Wounded Ronin
What the fuck does "large brown" mean? Does she have tubular breasts?

Arrgh, this thread really makes me want to die. Ugghhhhhhh.
ChuckRozool
does it really matter to your players if the way you describe these people is the canon description? Why don't you just DL some random pics from the intertron and use them for visuals. SoaP...
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (ChuckRozool)
does it really matter to your players if the way you describe these people is the canon description? Why don't you just DL some random pics from the intertron and use them for visuals. SoaP...

Ha, great.

GM: "You see the famous Nadja."

Sammie: "Hmm, okay. Can you describe her?"

GM: "She has luscious gams, and her nipples are large and brown."

Sammie: "Hey, I never said I was biting her gams!"

Shaman: "Why is she naked?"
ChuckRozool
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
QUOTE (ChuckRozool @ Apr 11 2006, 11:30 PM)

Ha, great.

i'll set'em up and you keep knocking them down...

seriously, people here at work are gonna think i've gone loopy with all the uncontrollable laughing.
Synner
All the board of the Draco Foundation are given a group portrait in the relevant section of DotSW - including Ms. Daviar.
Muskie
Hrmm. Chuck Norris as Damien Knight. That might just work.
I envision Norris roundhouse Kicking Lofwyr. nyahnyah.gif
SL James
I prefer the image of Nadja in PoaD:DS.

And Gracie Friel looks like a goddamn freak in that Dragons portrait.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (ChuckRozool)
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Apr 11 2006, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (ChuckRozool @ Apr 11 2006, 11:30 PM)

Ha, great.

i'll set'em up and you keep knocking them down...

seriously, people here at work are gonna think i've gone loopy with all the uncontrollable laughing.

Glad I can entertain. smile.gif
Fresno Bob
This is what I found when I googled 'Damien Knight', so there, mystery solved. And google also says that Nadja Daviar is Catherine Zeta-Jones.
SL James
Looks like Ol' Damien's put on some weight.

As for Zeta-Jones... ummmm... kind of, I guess, if she was more pale and had more angular facial features, some extra height, and *ahem* pointed ears.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Voorhees)
This is what I found when I googled 'Damien Knight', so there, mystery solved. And google also says that Nadja Daviar is Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Interesting... WiredReflexes has a page with some quick character bio's, and there was a pic Of Catherine Zeta-Jones in there for her.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012