Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: The Transformer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Large Mike
Okay. Here's the deal. I'm cutting right to the meet to cut down on wasted time. After all, if you didn't come to the meet, there would be no run, right? Anyways, security in this heavily renovated Tacoma storage facility is nonexistant at the door (please don't openly wear firearms, for the sake of the game) and light inside. There are cameras, naturally, but not much else. The place is packed, and the table you've been led to doesn't offer much in the way of privacy. Everyone go ahead and do your opening, and if you're doing anything crazy like checking out magical security or looking for the inevitable hit squad, just go ahead and post what you roll for the required tests. Introduce yourself at least by showing up, if not actually doing the old "I'm Earl, and I'm a Shadowrunner" shtick. Once everyone's done that, we'll move on. Any questions can be addressed in this thread, via PM, or via the email addy I gave all y'all earlier.
Rokur
posted an intro... didn't know if we were starting into the whole introducing self phase, or if we were waiting for a full party first.

Quick Assensing rolls - (I guess we can assign as others enter)
Intuition (4) + Assensing (2)= 6 dice
(I'll make 6 attempts, 3 for other runners and 3 for possible other people sitting at the table)
Rolls:
2,5,6,2,4,3 - 2 hits
4,5,5,6,6,3 - 4 hits
1,3,1,5,6,4 - 2 hits
2,4,1,6,2,4 - 1 hit
3,4,5,4,4,2 - 1 hit
5,3,5,3,5,5 - 3 hits

Nikoli
Browse test to find out style of bar:
3,6,3,3,5 (2 hits)

Etiquette test to program disguise for transhumanist look with a russian industrial feel:
5,4,5,2,3 (2 hits)

Diguise check to apply said nano-paste disguise (fitting in is important to her):
5,6,4,3,5,6,2,6 (5 Hits)
Basically, her face with minor changes to to appear transhumanist, such as the brand with a small "tattoo" under it reading in Russian language and typical font "Property of the State"
As well as her normal appearance so she can drop the look without removing the makeup.

Etiquette Test to blend into the crowd and not stand out in the wrong way:
4,3,5,6,5,2,1,4,1,3,4,6,3,6,6 (6 hits)

Judge Intentions Tests will be made as needed:
White Fang: 1,3,3,3,6,2,1,5,2,5,4,1,4,3,5 (4 hits, opposed test Your Will+Cha)
Johnson: 3,1,3,5,1,1,5,4,6,2,5,5,6,3,2 (6 Hits)
Blitz
Alrighty..so Im here mostly because I need a serious refresher on SR4...haven't been able to play much as I moved shortly after it was released and there are no cool gamer d00ds in Boise smile.gif

What the heck is a Judge Intentions check? teehee

Trinity is not making any efforts to blend or seem like she belongs. In fact, her style of dress and speech patterns seem slightly off.

However, she IS making a point to be very observant and has no trouble meeting anyone in the eyes as she stares openly at the patrons and those at her table. It almost gives you the impression of a child's curiosity, watching and openly looking at anything that catches her eye. Her dark glasses do give her a bit of an advantage, but for the future, she does that with or without them smile.gif

Now, would perception be Perception + Intuition here?
Nikoli
Page 130,
Here's your Judge intention check Blitz 2,3,3,3,4,1,2,1,6,6,4,6,2,4,3 (3 hits)

And yes, perception tests would be Perception + Intuition, plus any sensory mods.
Rokur
Judge intentions would be kinda like reading poker faces... kind of a natural check you could do while interacting with someone, to see what kind of attitude they may have and such. It's not a way to resist bring conned or anything, just as a way of judging social attitudes really. Sensing emotions or moods through their way of acting etc. angry, frustrated, stressed, sad, depressed, etc. etc.

White Fang resist(professional composure nyahnyah.gif)
CHA (7) + WILL (4) = 11
1,4,5,5,6,1,3,6,6,4,1 = 5 hits

So i guess you can't really read me? (I'm an out there kinda guy grinbig.gif )

PS if there's anyone that REALLY knows their char. and would like to fill in the reading of 4 on my assensing, feel free.
Abschalten
Bodhi's going to do an assensing rundown of her own. I used an IRC dicebot of my own to roll these. The first one'll go to the Johnson, and the remainder can apply to the runners or other people at the table.

Intuition (5) + Assensing (2)
3 hits and 0 ones, with the following rolls: 4. 3. 3. 5. 4. 6. 5. (Johnson)
3 hits and 0 ones, with the following rolls: 5. 6. 4. 4. 6. 2. 3. (White Fang)
2 hits and 0 ones, with the following rolls: 3. 5. 4. 3. 4. 2. 5.
2 hits and 1 ones, with the following rolls: 2. 4. 4. 1. 2. 6. 5.
2 hits and 1 ones, with the following rolls: 2. 1. 5. 2. 2. 4. 5.

Rokur, I'll take the Pepsi challenge on your 4 hits and give you a rundown on Bodhi as per the Assensing table:

[ Spoiler ]

Now take one of mine. The 3 would be nice. wink.gif

By the way, just to state, Bodhi's actively got Counterspelling (5) going on herself.
Nikoli
Bodhi: 4,3,2,4,5,5,2,3,1,3,4,3,5,5,3 (4 hits)
Abschalten
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Bodhi: 4,3,2,4,5,5,2,3,1,3,4,3,5,5,3 (4 hits)

Resisted Nikoli's Judge Intentions with Willpower (5+1) + Charisma (3)
2 hits and 1 ones, with the following rolls: 5. 2. 6. 2. 3. 1. 2. 3. 4.

2 net hits:

[ Spoiler ]
Rokur
@absch - no foci??? but cool...
I'll detail Fang at a 3 - (He has astral chameleon which is a -2, but you're last 2 rolls weren't hits anyway nyahnyah.gif )
[ Spoiler ]
Blitz
Alrighty..thanks for the advice. Let's give it a try smile.gif

Just to make things simple, Im just gonna roll once for Composure.

Composure:
Will: 3
Cha: 4
6 6 4 4 3 2 1

Judge Intentions:
Int: 5
Cha: 4

White Fang: 5 5 5 3 3 3 3 1 1
Lada: 6 6 5 5 4 3 2 2
Bodhi: 6 6 6 5 5 5 2 3
Johnson: 6 6 5 4 1 1 1 1
*damn..can I switch Bodhi's and the Johnson *smirk*

Not sure exactly what you get per success...since I had 2 on composure, does that resist the judge intentions giving you 1 net success? or do I need to roll opposed per each Judge Intention? Also..does the more successes give you a better reading?
Blitz
Oh..also...I'd like to make a Matrix Perception check to study the Johnson's AR node to see exactly what's going on in terms of his odd mixture of tech and flesh.

If opposed, I believe I need Hacking + Stealth, and if unopposed I'd need Computer + Analyze.

Once again, my unfamiliarity may be interferring with my goal. Trinity basically wants to determine how matrix connected this guy is vs. just trying to be moded out. Mostly, how close is this dude to being more AI than human.
Rokur
I think everyone probably would keep the same composure test for each one... no? it's not like I'm gonna keep composure better for one then the other....

and yes each hit should reveal more info... ideally
Nikoli
Composure test
1,5,5,2,5,4,1,5,5,1,4 (5 hits)

Perception Test on the Johnson (visual)
2,6,6,2,2,6,1,6,4,3,4,6,4,4,5,2 (6 hits)

Was going to negotiate, but I don't know enough for an intelligent counter offer just yet.
Large Mike
Blitz, it's Computer+Analyze either way, the only difference is whether or not the J is going to turn it into an opposed test.

For speed sake, I took the liberty of rolling the dice for you. You got 2,4,4,4,4,5.

Casual digging into his node reveals that he's built a user-friendly form allowing people to view vital statistics, like his current heart-rate and blood pressure, along with more arcane stats like the electrical activity of his brain and total amounts of certain hormones in his body.

All the fields are either blank or spewing garbage that consists of random numbers, letters, and symbols.
Large Mike
Also, one Composure test per situation, new rolls on jarring events. I'll let you guys settle intra-party judging amongst yourselves.
Large Mike
Oh, almost forgot:

For anyone assensing, tests are pretty much unneccesary, as he's fairly blatant.

He is the aural equivilent of TV static. There's signal in there somewhere, but this reciever can't make any sense of it. The only thing that you recognize is the black splotches of cyberware pretty much throughout. There doesn't seem to be much of a person here at the moment, more like a machine with a grey-matter CPU.
Nikoli
If you're waiting for me, I already said I'm in.
Nikoli
Let's consider that my negotiations check:
6,3,2,6,6,2,2,2,2,5,1,5,2,4,4 (5 hits)
Blitz
Large Mike...I was reading through the Matrix Perception check and wanted to let you know that Technomancers receive a +2 dice pool for all Matrix Perception checks (pg. 218), in case you wanted to include that in your roll.

Second, I'd like to make another perception check on the Evo front line node in the hopes of getting a basic profile of the company and their purpose.
Computer: 4
Analyze: 3
+2 Technomancer
6 5 5 4 3 3 2 1 1

Third, I'd like to try and crack into the employee files of the corporate node of Evo to see if I can download the file for the good doctor, but not completely sure how this is done. Would welcome any advice you could offer.
Large Mike

Evo I'm about to drop you a PM about, but as for breaking in, here's the deal (much condensed):

If you can somehow get a passkey, you're good to go, otherwise you'll have to break in. The slow and careful way to break into the node is an Extended Hacking+Exploit test, increment 1 hr via VR, 1 day via AR. Target is System+Firewall for personal account access, +3 threshold for security access, +6 for admin access. The node gets an Analyze+Fire (Stealth) test to try and detect you. This is all pg. 221.

Once inside, your options are outlined on pg.216, under Account Privilages.
Large Mike

This *always* happens. Every time I start a PbBB. I`m going on excersise for four weeks starting bright and early Tuesday.

I`ll see you all as soon as I`m back.

(Yes, I know how this looks. No, I can`t do anything about it. I tried to line up an interim GM, but to no avail. If I can line one up in the next 24 hours, I`ll tell you all.)
Nikoli
I understand, and appreciate the work you do. When you get back, I'll still be here.
Rokur
np man... we'll be here when you get back
Abschalten
Ditto. Either you get an interim GM or you don't. But I'll be here when you return.
Large Mike

I'm back (although still busy as hell until the end of the week).

Everyone still in?
Nikoli
Still around
Rokur
sure am
Blitz
Im good to go smile.gif
Large Mike

Right then. Then let's resume.

If I recall correctly, when we left off, the job had just been put on the table, and everyone else was about to re-covene somewhere more private to discuss particulars and begin legwork and whatnot.

If no one volenteers a place, there's always a cheap motel room.

That more or less leaves the ball in your guys' court for the moment.
Rokur
I had to find the thread by switching it to last 60 days.... so heh, there it is, put a little to the top post in there.
Nikoli
Lee ST is in the Lakeview area (Elven middle lifestyle district), it's off Dexter if anyone needs to know.
Rokur
cool... good thing Whitey's an elf..... but maybe we should skip up to an intro of the place? or not... if we got some more RPing... i'll leave it up to yous....
Large Mike
I'd say the furthur RPGing can probably wait until the new location.
Blitz
at work now...will post when I get home.
Blitz
Not sure of the actual length of time, if Im way off, then let me know here and I'll just edit the post. She would (in character) know how far it is, Im just not so good with it smile.gif

Abschalten
I make an effort to check this thread every day, I slip for a little bit and everyone reappears. Yeah, I'm still here. wink.gif
Large Mike
Regarding the travelling time, it's not really critical, and dithering over it would slow down an already turtle-paced way to roleplay, so even if anyone knows Blitz is way off, don't mention it.
Blitz
*giggle*
Rokur
heh good call

anyways, search power for my force 5 spirit of man.... did you need me to roll the extended test? or did you wanna handle it on your end?
Large Mike
If you could please handle the test.
Rokur
Sorry I just got around to doing this. And sorry for those with objections, but WF already made the move... heh.

Extended test: searching with mental images provided by johnson.
Search:Magic (5) + Intuition (5)
1,2,3,5,6,2,2,1,2,4 = 2 hits
6,3,6,5,3,2,1,5,4,2 = 4 hits
3,3,5,1,4,3,1,5,4,1 = 2 hits
6,5,1,6,4,1,5,1,4,3 = 4 hits
5,6,6,6,5,2,5,4,2,3 = 6 hits! (crit success)
2,2,5,4,4,4,4,6,3,3 = 2 hits
6,6,5,3,3,5,1,1,6,3 = 5 hits
4,3,3,4,4,2,2,6,1,2 = 1 hit
1,5,1,1,2,5,6,2,3,4 = 3 hits
2,1,3,4,4,4,2,2,1,6 = 1 hit

Total is 30 hits.... Threshold = base 5 + ward rating + distance away in km.
so, if it was under a force 5 ward and 5 kms away = threshold 15.... pretty easy
Interval is 10 minutes. so depending upon which test actually hits the threshold, that's how long my spirit will take to find the man.
Large Mike

So, while we're waiting on news from White Fang's spirit, anyone have any other avenues?
Blitz
I want to begin an extended search test, using sprites to assist, but I have lost track of my book and will need to get a copy of the .pdf in order to look up the applicable rules. I hope to track down one tonight when I get home.
Rokur
So is everyone just waiting for my spirit to come back or what's up?
Large Mike
As far as I can see, yes.

sooo... /me pokes Rokur.
Nikoli
Who isn't at Lada's Apartment yet?
Abschalten
I think we're all at Lada's apartment.

Large Mike: Bodhi had some Deepweed right before the meet, so she's forced to astrally perceive and she has +1 Willpower. She'll be that way for 3 hours, and then she'll have -1 die to all pool modifiers for another 3 hours while she comes down. Could you let me know when she starts to come off it? It's your call when the 3 hours is up, and I'd like to know so I can factor the bonuses or penalties into my rolls.
Large Mike
Ab: Will do. I have a feeling you guys'll be spending at least six hours on legwork, unless you go jump after the lead you've got right now.
Rokur
Fang is compulsive (although that's no longer a "flaw" in SR4) But he's better at physical tracking of people anyways.... and uses magic to help himself... Think of him treating this as a Hunter... he doesn't care it's the city. He hunts anything anywhere anytime....

And he does the same thing no matter what he's hunting: critters or sentients.(magical search, find clues, tracking the prey, then stalking and going in for the kill)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012