Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Face Off
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mrobviousjosh
Okay, so one of my players was busted by the cops and now that he's out on probation he wants to get a face alteration before getting a fake SIN. How much would that cost??? I've scoured Man and Machine as well as Sprawl without any luck. Any ideas? Thanks guys.
SL James
You can't use the cosmetic surgery rules in M&M?
Kanada Ten
Cosmetic surgery is 1,000¥ for each aspect according to SR3, but DNA masking is in one of the SotAs, as is the Disguise skill. I used the doctor's highest Surgery role as the base TN for recognition software and perception tests of those who knew the person well.
SL James
SOTA:2063 for DNA masking and Disguise skill.
hyzmarca
DNA masking is in SOTA '63. It cheap at lower ratings but very expensive at higher ones. Unfortuantly, lower ratings are basicly a crapshoot and they'll never fool a full DNA lab.
On the other hand, if you have the money there is no upper limit and bioindex costs are fixed after a certain point so you can get 200+ dice to resist DNA testing for only .2 bioindex.
mrobviousjosh
QUOTE (SL James)
You can't use the cosmetic surgery rules in M&M?

I didn't notice anything about a face transplant/reconstruction. Then again, it was late and I was tired. I like Kanada Ted's idea since, though the others would have worked, my player mostly wants to change his face, not his DNA. BTW, what do you mean by each aspect? I'm going to have to delve back into the books...thanks.
SL James
Well, facial reconstruction is cosmetic surgery, and that is specifically mentioned in M&M on page 146. It's a Serious Cosmetic Change. BTW, as for costs you should check the M&M errata on the official SR site.

Transimplant... Well, there are specific rules for those, too. If they have Grade O limbs, I'm sure someone has a couple Grade O faces they can work with.

I hate doing people's homework for them. You know, reading the book helps a lot.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (mrobviousjosh)
BTW, what do you mean by each aspect?

In SR3 the cost of cosmetic alterations is given in the cyberware gear section, and is for eyes, ears, etc. The M&M rules mostly override these, and they work pretty well. A PC in my game had to use them to alter an NPC wanted by the Tir.
mrobviousjosh
QUOTE (SL James)
Well, facial reconstruction is cosmetic surgery, and that is specifically mentioned in M&M on page 146. It's a Serious Cosmetic Change. BTW, as for costs you should check the M&M errata on the official SR site.

Transimplant... Well, there are specific rules for those, too. If they have Grade O limbs, I'm sure someone has a couple Grade O faces they can work with.

I hate doing people's homework for them. You know, reading the book helps a lot.

I'm not asking you to do my homework, just point me in the right direction. Like I said, when I scoured the books it was late and I was tired. I suppose you've never overlooked something??? Thanks for the info. I'll check the errata.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012