Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I saw the fragging Easter bunny!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Daddy's Little Ninja
No I am not doing chips or anything. From my apartment window a saw a fragging 6 foot tall white rabbit in a waist coat hiding colored eggs for children in the near by apartment block.

MY SO says it is a free spirit who likes children. He said last october it appeared as a huge flying pumpkin giving gifts to the children!

What I would like to know is from you other magic using types whom I do not let pour my soycaff, How common is this and would this explain such myths pre-awakening?

Have any other of you seen this stuff? Or is he just messing with my head?
Snow_Fox
Some of the shapes taken by spirits can be dictated by the collective unconscious,
as for preawakening spikes it is a highly debated theory. Were images of Santa claus generated by people seeing an awakened spirit, or was the spirit shaped by beliefs?
Personally I believe that our beliefs were, for the most part, shaped by what glimpses we had of spirits. For example with Santa- a christian saint flying through the air? There is no reason for people to have that thought to shape the spirits BUT if they saw the spirit, it would let the story grow.
ludomastro
My guess, chummer, is that the free spirit - IF that's what it is - assumed the form of a pre-existing myth. After all, not every troll is as creative as the next - why would spirits be any different?
Musashi Forever
At least it's dressed up as the Easter Bunny and doing nice things. I'd be a lot more freaked out if there was an evil bunny hopping around.
ludomastro
QUOTE (Musashi Forever)
At least it's dressed up as the Easter Bunny and doing nice things. I'd be a lot more freaked out if there was an evil bunny hopping around.

You mean like the Boogey-man or Jason Voorhees or Freddy what's his name back from before the turn of the centruy? Not all collective thoughts and myths are good my friend. A wacked our spirit can be just as bad as that wacked out dwarf who dressed up like Santa and handed out bombs as toys in my 'hood last Christmas. The Star said that he though he was doing them a favor.
Musashi Forever
You're right, chummer. Those old flatvids really got nothing compared to some of the drek we see on the scream-sheets nowadays.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012