Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberpunk RTS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Platinum
does anyone know of a cyberpunk rts? It would be really cool I think to have all kinds of different units, gangers, shadowrunners, frt's, corp security? seems like a really great mod for command and conquer or something. Too bad total annihilation is dead.

Imagine the units and customizations... street sams, kick artists.... drool.

Upgrades like wired reflexes, smart links, burst fire...
nezumi
The only thing remotely similar I can suggest would be Fallout Tactics which is more post-apocalyptic RTS. But it still has cool guns and power armor smile.gif
Dogsoup
Old but very relevant: Syndicate and its expansion Syndicate Wars, released in the mid-nineties.
eidolon
While it's an interesting idea, I can't really think of how you would make this an RTS. The typical RTS "build, train, bomb, upgrage, build, train bomb" doens't really seem to me to be very "cyberpunk" friendly.

I could definitely see a game ala NWN but in a cyberpunk setting though. In fact, if they're going to make a SR video game, that would be what I'd want to see.
Erebus
QUOTE (Dogsoup @ Apr 24 2006, 09:41 PM)
Old but very relevant: Syndicate and its expansion Syndicate Wars, released in the mid-nineties.

I can most definetly second these... These were VERY fun games.
Muzzaro
Syndicate was the first game, with it's expansion Syndicate: American Revolt

Syndicate Wars was the second game, featuring a 3d enviroment, and even mini-adverts for 2000AD on the billboards.

I'd love to see a Cyberpunk or even Shadowrun version of Syndicate Wars, with more detailed missions and some fun multiplayer aspects.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012