Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment : An Arranged Trust
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
FrostyNSO
"He was one of our inside guys...on the payroll. Maybe he didn't have a choice, but that's beside the point. If you end up in a situation like he did, you work to seperate yourself from it...choosing sides is bad business, and in this case, bad for your health.
It's nothing personal, but sometimes you have to show everyone else that you won't lay down when someone burns the people you care about."

Ok, well I've run into some unplanned downtime and could be outta commission for quite a while, so I've decided to give this another shot. The game will be run by SR3 rules, and is a loose end from my first forum game, Stardust.

One of the players has already been determined, and I am looking for 2 more to work with her on an assassination job. I'm looking for characters with rich, but not neccessarily long backgrounds who wouldn't be opposed to working for the Vory. Character interaction is a plus, and there is room for investigative types as well as discreet killers. Decking will not be big, but computer skills may be useful.

Guidelines

Priority System or Build Points

-build points = 123
-max availability/ratings = 8/6
-Race = Any except drake/shapeshifter
-Magic = No initiation at Chargen
-Attributes = 30 points max (60 bp) barring edges
-Skills = 60 points max
-Resources = Try to keep it reasonable
-Edges/Flaws/Surge = case-by-case
-*warning* Metavariants/SuRGEd will likely be looked at as freaks by a lot of people In-Game.

Well thought-out backgrounds will earn the character and additional 10 karma to be used after chargen, and good roleplaying and participation will earn karma rewards throughout gameplay.

Post your questions here about anything I've missed, and post character concepts as well. I'd like to receive sheets in sr3 format as spit out by the NSRCG.

*Also, I'm layed up for a while so my active posting times may be erratic*
Vegas
I've got a Russian ex-corp street sam/assassin I'd *love* to get a chance to play. I'd need to get her background down on paper officially, but I could try to have it done by the end of the week (I've got to work more than usual this week)

I'd also have to double check her against your guidelines, but I know she was built on 123 points and hasn't earned any karma.
FrostyNSO
Sounds good, I'm sure not going anywhere anytime soon. Keep me posted.

The guidelines are just guidelines, so I will make exceptions, so don't woory if things don't match up perfect. =)
Sicarius
I have a low level Vory/wolf shamanist character? think perhaps he could get in on this?
Cogar
I have a Dikoted Spur adept, who has a passion for marvel comics, who i want to blow the dust off biggrin.gif
Shadow
Hey Frosty, good to see you back in action.

Gun is available and ready to roll, assassination would be up his alley and a little to the left.

BTW, who is the character already involved?
Mister Juan
Ludi wink.gif
Shadow
Oh... man. Ludi rocks. I hope Gun has a chance. Let me know if you need me to send you the character again.
FrostyNSO
All: I'm pretty much open to anything so far (within the guidelines), so feel free to drop in some sample bios if you want.

Shadow: Gun's got a great shot at this one I'd say. I'll need to get the sheet again (with your updated karma and cash of course!)
Wounded Ronin
Hmm. Well, I'd always be happy to play SR3, but I feel a little trepidation after getting kicked out of Lindt's game for missing the IC thread for a few days. If I do get to play I promise to make a really simple physad. If some characters I wrote up in the past and posted on DSF are still archived I might just use some of them.
FrostyNSO
Kick him in and I'll have a look.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Shadow)
Oh... man. Ludi rocks.

biggrin.gif
Dranem
Are experienced characters allowed in this game? I have a bodyguard/mage that I haven't played in a long time that I'd like to dust off. Otherwise I have a dwarf rigger that was never played that I could tweak to your rules.
Character bio can be found on My SR site. (Not much left on the site I know, but the character is highlighted there.)
FrostyNSO
Experienced runners are alright...case-by-case. I'm pretty loose in my GMing (at least I think so), so if I like the character I can work him in.
Wounded Ronin
OK, here is the character, Sho Kosugi. Let me know if he's OK.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...7&hl=sho+kosugi
BrianL03
If there's still space available for this run, I'd be interested in fronting a street ganger turned Vory face.
FrostyNSO
I havn't made any final selections or anything so if you got a submission, toss him up =)
BrianL03
Alrighty. Well, I won't have my character done within the next few hours, I'll try and put him to you by tonight/tomorrow.
BrianL03
I just sent my background, will send rough-ish stats (depending on whether or not you would allow Edges/Flaws for him) in a few hours.
Shadow
Frosty, I can't find a email address to send the character to...
BrianL03
QUOTE (Shadow)
Frosty, I can't find a email address to send the character to...

Use the e-mail link in his profile.
Shadow
I wish I had thought of that... oh wait I did smile.gif. You can't send attachments (as asked) using that. So it doesn't really help.
BrianL03
QUOTE (Shadow)
I wish I had thought of that... oh wait I did smile.gif. You can't send attachments (as asked) using that. So it doesn't really help.

Damn, just realized that myself when I was prepping to send the actual file.
Shadow
Hehe it is deceptive smile.gif Send him a PM and he will give it to you.
FrostyNSO
To those still interested, I'm gonna peg next Friday as the deadline to get stuff in, then I'll make the final selections.
Mister Juan
You got my updated sheet?
FrostyNSO
Yeah. =)
Dranem
I did provide the link to my character, if you would like a different format that HTML, let me know.
BrianL03
Frosty, sent both an Edged/Flawed character sheet, and one without, depending on which you would prefer.
Shadow
Tomorrow is it.
FrostyNSO
Ok, the selections are:

Gun (courtesy Shadow; Gun had a good part in my last run but I wanted to see some more of him last time, this'll be his chance)

and

Nikol (courtesy Vegas; Nikol has some rough edges that I think will go well with this particular run)

Thank you to everyone who threw in their hat. This was gonna be a small run and I wish I coulda brought in more.

I'll get the IC and OOC threads up and post links here sometime tonight.
Vegas
Kick ass!

Thanks! smile.gif Can't wait to get into trouble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012