Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playing a member of the AARP?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
nezumi
Boy... Am I the only one who does NOT find the old Warner Brother cartoons amusing? They're so predictable. I mean, I'm sure when they were new they were the bees knees, but the gags have been repeated again and again for half a century. It just gets tired.

That said, Hanna Barbara (originally, it seems better now) didn't even have good gags coming out of the gate. The flinstones were such rubbish it made me cry. At least Power Puff Girls and the like have some amusement factor to them.
PBTHHHHT
Anybody watch Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law? They had some good ones poking fun at HB cartoons. The Flintstones they coupled that with organized crime ala Sopranos. Johnny Quest, it was a custody battle between the Dad and the bodyguard...
eralston
The value of old cartoons is guaged mostly by their achievements at establishing a genre that could be evolved into and past today.

There are also some genuinely powerful cartoons with messages so potent they could not have been done in live action, such as the Daffy Duckshort from WW2 before America was involved where he was a Nazi playing an "average" day in germany. There were some great cold war shorts as well.

Overall, those short with the least value (and most predictability) are the pointless cat and mouse ones (I pointed out Tom & Jerry not because I liked them, but because I found it notable that NO ONE seemed to like them).

PBTHHHHT
Actually, I do like Tom and Jerry. But that's because I grew up watching that and Looney Tunes. I'm a bit old for them now, but I really liked those shows as a kid.

The one that's really interesting is the Disney cartoon they made back during WW2 with their focus on the Germans. Wow, Disney does a war cartoon.
ronin3338
I'm like T&J too, but they had so may producers and director's, that it's hard to say I'm a fan of them altogether. Some of those were really crappy... especially T&J kids frown.gif
eralston
I am actually glad that the WB cast of characters is mostly dead now (or should I just say mostly unused).

All things must pass, all good things must come to an end, all market tie-ins eventually bottom out in revenue
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (eralston)
I am actually glad that the WB cast of characters is mostly dead now (or should I just say mostly unused).

All things must pass, all good things must come to an end, all market tie-ins eventually bottom out in revenue

"Th-th-that's all folks!"
ChuckRozool
This thread has gone all wacky...
Or was it wacky from the start? OMG.
PeanutGallery
Ha Ha...
I never expected this much traffic for this thread

PS - Sorry for the lame title, it won't happen again

aiiight chill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012