Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Sr concept would you like to see?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
I was wondering what part of the SR universe you would like to be real more than anything. Personally, I want magic, though out A-teaming the A-Team with rigging would be awesome, too.
Kagetenshi
Plug me in, turn me on, drop me out.

~J
James McMurray
Magic all the way!
emo samurai
Yeah, the other three are already obviously going to happen; the only one that would require the will of the universe is magic. And magic would be the awesomest, anyway.
Shrike30
My problem with SR magic coming into existence would be that the odds are I'll be one of the 99% of the population that can't use it anyway. It'd be just like today, except some yahoo down the block can control my mind, whoopee!
eralston
Meh, I'm a studying computer scientist and I still said Magic

Anyone who thinks it woulnd't be cool for magic to be real needs to go play something else
James McMurray
I'm a practicing computer scientist and asid magic. smile.gif

Yeah, I realize the odds are pretty good that I won't Awaken, but between myself, my wife and my two kids, the odds of it happening to one of us are vastly beter than the odds of winning the lottery, but with the same payout. biggrin.gif
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (eralston @ May 1 2006, 09:46 PM)
Anyone who thinks it wouldn't be cool for magic to be real needs to go play something else

I don't think megacorps becoming real would be cool...
BookWyrm
All four listed above.
Kagetenshi
I do. Horrible for humanity at large, but cool.

~J
emo samurai
How many would have chosen "megacorporations" if I made it an option?
Kagetenshi
Not as a primary. After the Matrix and Cyberware, sure.

Though they're likely to help them along more than anything.

~J
emo samurai
Why would you want megacorporations? Even if you lived in an enclave, the air would be shit, and the rain would burn your skin off.
SpasticTeapot
MAGIC!
I have the strangest feeling that I'd be in the 1% of the population who could use magic.
I'm certianly nutty enough; insanity tends to be a trait amongst magic-users.
(That said, I'd be a hermetic mage. Logic all the way!)

Being an Immortal Elf would be just as good, though. Let's face it: dying sucks.
Kagetenshi
Why would you want megacorporations? Even if you lived in an enclave, the air would be shit, and the rain would burn your skin off.

Exactly.

~J
Aku
i said magic, but definately would like the other ones to come as well, especially if we play by SR4 rules, i could be a macrighaker
emo samurai
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ May 1 2006, 11:19 PM)

Exactly.

~J

That should be our new solution to acid rain: use your skin to absorb it all! biggrin.gif

And people seem to really, really like magic. Because magic is 73|-| R00><><0rZ.
ShadowDragon8685
I was one of those who voted for The Matrix.
ChuckRozool
Where's the "All of the Above" button? I guess everyone would pick that if it were an option... Oh, well

If I had to choose, I'd go with the Matrix. Only because the Matrix would prolly be the most accessible, with Rigging a close second and Cyber/Bioware the least accessible for the general public.

Cyber/Bioware is the least accessible because of the price, it'd fall under medicine and that's already friggin ridiculous. Most Insurance plans prolly wouldn't cover it, and you might as well forget it if you've got an HMO.

The Matrix I think would be easier because of the fact that more and more people are joining the intertron community right now. So just upgrade it to the matrix, at first it'll be some head piece you have to wear then it will escalate to a plug in the head for more extreme users. Once it caught on and becomes more common... you know the rest.

The rigging is a close second because of the input similarities. Hell, rigging would prolly come out of a community of like minded individuals modding their cars to output info to their datajacks, which have also been hacked and modded.

I didn't pick magic because, well... we all know that magic already exist.
Nidhogg
AR For the win!

Anyways, as cool as magic is, the concept of BTL chips has peaked my interests.
Platinum
AR For the win!

OMG .... you think walking/driving down bay street is a distraction now with those huge screens, with AR it would be impossible. Every freaking store would be spamming you with ads.

AR is a spammers dream come true.
Birdy
Everythink but Feyes and Magic.

Magic users will be burned. Feyes will get the ears cupped.
emo samurai
Lynch mobs will get manaballed.

Mages will be the first minority to be able to burn their persecutors at the stake.
Trax
I'm going with the Matrix, simply because we can finally immerse ourselves fully in games and such, or we'd all be chatting together instead of just posts.
emo samurai
You just gave me a new thread idea. Thank you so much.
Fix-it
rigging.
ronin3338
*closes eyes tight and wishes really hard, clicking heels together*

There's no place like astral space, there's no place like astral space...
BookWyrm
Well, I'd like to see all of the above choces get proper treatment. There's a lot from SR3 that I'd like see make the transition, especially all the rich Magic information, but I want to see what else is in store too.
Shrike30
The matrix! Equal opportunity for everyone!
Apathy
I vote for Invae and Horrors!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012