Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment: Blood Drive
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Musashi Forever
I plan on this being a couple-run campaign for not more than four low-powered characters. Since I have been working in Suriname since before SR4 hit the stores, this will be an SR3 game. Here are the requirements for character creation:

-Build Points = 120
-Availability/Ratings = 8/6
-Race = Any except Drake/Shapeshifter/Ghoul (Please Check Metavarients)
-Magic = No Initiation at Chargen
-Attributes = 30 points max
-Skills = 60 points max
-Edges/Flaws = Don't go crazy. Positives and Negatives must even out.
-No Surge please. The game will be set pre-Comet.

Character concepts can be posted here if you'd like. Completed characters and/or backgrounds can be PMed to me. NSRCG's 20 questions are fine with me for backgrounds, but any backstory format will be accepted as long as it is well thought-out.

Please post any questions here so that everyone can benefit. Deadline for character submission will 11:59 PM Saturday with player announcements on Sunday and the game beginning on Monday. Can't wait to see your characters. Thanks guys.
Chance359
How about a troll debt collection agent?
Musashi Forever
Trolls are more than welcome, but you might want to iron it out a little more than "collection agent". grinbig.gif
Kiedo
Wow, I just posted a topic in Shadowrun, asking how long I'll have to wait to play a formoni character under SR4, and then BAM an SR3 game goes up.

So here's my concept, I will PM you the background later (today or tommorow) for your review.

Icarus "Grendel" Spire - formoni adept

Icarus graduated cum laude from the Dublin Institute for Culinary Design, and with his sister, Pandora also a troll, opened up a small restaurant called Trog's in London. As the restaurant grew in popularity so did the desire for certain seedy characters to get a "piece", when Icarus and his sister wouldn't cave in the gang (The Jokers), they tourched the place, and killing Pandora who was in the restaraunt at the time. Icarus, who had never been a violent person, vowed to exact his revenge on the Jokers by any means nessicary, even if that ment running the shadows to do it, something that he absolutely hated.
Musashi Forever
Sorry all, I should have said this in my initial post. The campaign's setting will be Seattle in the early 2060s.

Kiedo
I think that your concept is a good one. The London setting for the character takes care of any questions about using the fomori metatype. I would be happy to have a character like this in the game, but why would he come to Seattle? He's definitely not going to be high-powered at only 120 build points so even the expense of relocation might be prohibitive. Tweak your background a little and resubmit him. Thanks.
Sicarius
Mush I'd love to get in on this. I gotta work up a character idea. but i've got a few i've been kicking around.
Musashi Forever
I would be glad to have you Sic. I hope that you're up for tring another game with me. cool.gif
SocialChameleon
I'm interested in an SR3 game, how's this for a concept:

Cyril "Bard" Covington - Elf Combat Decker

Cyril lived a privileged existence as the eldest son of an aristocratic Tir Taringire family. Expensive schooling and a great deal of free time allowed him to develop significant martial and technical skill as a teenager and young adult. When it came time for Cyril to leave the nest, Cyril's father used his political connections to secure his son a desk job with the Peace Force. After a year with the Peace Force, not content to sit behind a desk for the rest of his life, Cyril applied for entry into the Ghosts and passed muster. Cyril was assigned to a unit dealing with the Rinelle ke'Tesrae. During a raid on a Rinelle cell, he was ordered to execute a number of prisoners. Refusing to do so, he was arrested and dishonorably discharged for insubordination. Not wanting to face his family, and knowing he could never work in the Tir again, he left for the Seattle shadows to eke out a living.

(I'm debating the idea that the Ghosts would have dosed him with Laes before discharge in order to protect any secrets he might know. If that sounds like a good idea to you, I'll go with it.)
Kiedo
I'm still working on the full background for Icarus, but would like to point out that he is not built to be a shadowrunner that is something I feel that needs to develop as the game plays out, I hadn't planned on giving him much inthe way of offensive skills, and if I can locate my copy of MITS, I plan to spend the majority of his adept points on things that would be of use to a chef, and not so much a shadowrunner.

As far as him getting to Seattle, I haven't gotten to that point in my background yet but I was thinking about him working his way there after the heat started to come down, from the Jokers.
[edit]

Icarus "Grendel" O'Shea - fomori adept

Icarus graduated cum laude from the Dublin Institute for Culinary Design, and with his sister, Pandora an elf, opened up a small restaurant called Trog and Daisy's in London. As the restaurant grew in popularity so did the desire for certain seedy characters to get a "piece", when Icarus and his sister wouldn't cave in the gang (The Jokers), they tourched the place, and killing Pandora who was in the restaraunt at the time. Icarus had to get out of London, so he sold his Classic motorcycle bought a suborbital ticket, and walked away from everything he had ever know into the sprawling metroplex know as Seattle. He vowed one day to return to London and avenge his sister but knew that it was a pipe dream at the moment.

[/edit]
HMHVV Hunter
Judging by the title of the game, am I to assume that vampires are somehow involved?

If so, I might have a character. He's have to be toned down a bit, but he's a vampire hunter, so...let me know.
Sicarius
I'll be submitting Buzz, Ex-Ganger Elf with a heart of gold.

Okay, well if not gold, silver... or maybe a quality pewter
Kiedo
HMHVV, your vampire hunter wouldn't be named Jonathan Hawk(who goes by hawk mostly) would it, because I know him, grinbig.gif
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Kiedo)
HMHVV, your vampire hunter wouldn't be named Jonathan Hawk(who goes by hawk mostly) would it, because I know him, grinbig.gif

Haha, no (for those that don't know, that's a character I made HEAVILY inspired by John Constantine)

I actually was thinking of Helios, star of "The Helios Chronicles."
Chance359
Musashi Forever: quick question, Rayguns weapons allowed? I was looking to get something like this?

The character concept has evolved into a bounty hunter from around Anchorage.
Musashi Forever
Yes Chance, I would accept a good old-fashioned cowboy gun. But please don't try to powergame with some of those big-bore calibers.

To everyone else. Raygun's weapons will be accepted on a case by case basis so please check with me before building characters around a particular RL weapon.

HMHVV Hunter
I will neither confirm or deny the possibility of vampires in this game. Go ahead and submit a Vamp-hunter you'll get the same consideration as anyone else.
HMHVV Hunter
Eh, never mind.
SocialChameleon
Is the 30 pt. Attribute Max a typo or do you mean no more than 30 Attribute Points, not no more than 30 Build Points spent on Attributes?

If not, are you expecting/prefer characters with below average attributes, high resources and/or magically active characters?
Kiedo
HMHVV Hunter, I was just remembering back when I ran Planar Breach, under SR3 and had the pleasure of having him in my game, though he did forget to buy a sling for his SMG ^_^. It's a shame that game fizzled too, I had big plans for that run BIG plans.
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Kiedo)
HMHVV Hunter, I was just remembering back when I ran Planar Breach, under SR3 and had the pleasure of having him in my game, though he did forget to buy a sling for his SMG ^_^. It's a shame that game fizzled too, I had big plans for that run BIG plans.

Yeah, I remember that too. It would've been fun.

BTW, that was a shotgun he had.
Musashi Forever
QUOTE (SocialChameleon)
Is the 30 pt. Attribute Max a typo or do you mean no more than 30 Attribute Points, not no more than 30 Build Points spent on Attributes?

Sorry. I meant no more than 60 Build Points for Attributes...30 Attribute Points.
Musashi Forever
Alright, the dead line for sheets and backgrounds is midnight tomorrow. I have recieved two submissions and I am looking for four characters. Thanks for all of the interest. cool.gif
Musashi Forever
Ok, Sicarius, Kiedo, and Chance359 are in.

Sorry guys, but I'll have to push back the start of the game for a few more days. There are a few things I wanted to ask you about your characters so expect pm's from me before the start of the game.

I'll talk to you soon.
Chance359
Musashi, can we get any details about the game?
Musashi Forever
QUOTE (Chance359)
Musashi, can we get any details about the game?

I'll pop up an OOC thread this evening, so keep an eye out. cool.gif
Blitz
If you haven't had a submission for a Magic Character, I'd love to submit one. I could have it ready by tomorrow. My favorite magey girl has had trouble getting into a regular game. Not sure exactly what you are looking for (offensive, defensive, utility, illisionary) so let me know and I'll whip up something quick.
Musashi Forever
Any direction you want to go would probably be good Blitz, the group just needs a magic user. Right now they have no astral ability whatsoever. PM me your submission.
Blitz
K..just got a job starting tomorrow (basic 8-5 type) so I'll be posting mostly in the evenings but I'll get the character info to you before morning. smile.gif
Blitz
I made the character in excel...can you PM me your email so I can send it your way?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012