Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC : An Arranged Trust
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
FrostyNSO
Act I : Unforeseen Consequences

"After an exhaustive search for those involved in a shootout in Seattle's largest rail terminal one week ago, Lone Star just two hours ago served an arrest warrant for one Varya Dobrien, who was wanted for questioning regarding the incident. According to a Lone Star spokesperson, SWAT units stormed her downtown apartment just after daybreak to bring her in but were met with gunfire when they tried to serve the warrant. After a short but vicious firefight, Dobrien was declared dead on the scene by the medical units on arrival.
Though wanted only for questioning, Lone Star believes that Dobrien was in fact the woman who escaped to Seattle's underground railway last month. Her accomplice, a troll known on the street as Jacky D was killed in the very same shootout which caught the attention of citizens all over the city who use the railway for their daily commute. For now at least, the people who's lives were turned upside down that day can begin to return to normal.
In a related story, in light of new evidence revealed by an unknown source, producer/agent Rick Stone and his assistant, Charles Wittington were exonerated of all charges related to the death of popular sim model Kote. A search of Kote's former bodyguard's residence turned up further evidence that implicated the man, who was found dead in a scene that investigators described as a home invasion robbery gone bad.
This is Carrie Sowell, reporting for channel twelve news. Have a great day, Seattle!"

Ludi

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
With a mix of something that sounded like groaning and moaning, Ludmilla stretched every single muscle in her body. With the pile of cred she had brought back home a few weeks ago, the whole family had moved to a slightly larger apartment in the same exact building. What Ludi liked at the new place was that she now had a room. No more sleeping in the living room and waking up even more tired and sore. They could even use the hot water out side of the rationed hours. She loved the place. For a few seconds, she wiggled her toes in the thick and soft-carpeted floor, before reality settled back in.

A sharp pain shot up her right leg as she got up. Even thought the wound was now very much closed up and healed, the pain always came back. Ludi would have to live with that pain for the rest of her life, and it would make sure she never forgot what had happened. A simple cake run. Pick up the girl, make sure she’s ok, get her to her boss. It had ended with the death of 6 people. One of who was her very best friend; a young woman like herself who was almost like her sister. Every day, Ludi blamed herself for what had happened to Varya. It was entirely her fault. Her carelessness had killed her.

Finally, she reached over toward the nightstand and picked up her phone. The first message made her smile, without even realizing it. Hank was a good man. He had kept her alive and stuck with her when he could have very well run off. Ludi would have never admitted it, but she liked the runner quite a lot. She made a mental note to call him once she’d drop Lana at school. As she listened to his voice, the Russian took a few quick steps towards her closest and began to get dressed. When the second message swung by, her previous good mood was annihilated. Even thought Miki was, as always, the sweetest man, the mention of Alec’s name made her blood boil.

That dirty fragging snitch…

The LS cop had been, for quite some time, on the Vory’s payroll. His intel was almost always reliable, but always came with a price tag. A dirty corrupted and greedy cop. A dirty corrupted cop that turned on her when the heat came around the corner.

I swear Alec, I should've killed you back in that train station.

Shooting a quick glance thru the ajar door of her room, she made sure both Lana and Zina were too busy to hear her. Ludi sent Miki a voice mail.

Dobrien dien, it’s me. It’s very sweet of you to worry about me… but I’ll be fine. I…” she felt her voice getting caught in her tightening throat “I’m sorry about everything that happened. I created the situation and I promise I will deal with it. I don’t just want to do this for you, for them and us… I need to do it. I want the job Miki. Just give me a place and a time, and I’ll bring you a crew. Call me back.”

She hung up just as her hands started trembling.

Ludmilla allowed herself a few seconds to regain her composure, and when on to call back Hank to confirmed she'd be there. He’d probably be able to make her relax for an hour or so… and maybe he’d be interested in some work.
FrostyNSO
Ludi

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Ludmilla would have liked nothing more than to talk with Miki directly. To call him and tell him how sorry she was about the mess she had created. But… odds were, the Vory man was almost surely still at home at such a time of the day. Rumors of his relationship with Ludi sill ran thru the Russian mafia, and talking with him while he was with his own family would simply be… a bad move. Sighing, she beamed a message back.

“Eight it is. I won’t let you down.”

Yawning some, and stretching again, Ludi started to rummage thru her memory for a certain man’s phone number. Gun’s. She had met the San Francisco Enforcer a few months before his arrival in Seattle when the Vory had sent her down as an “emissary”. He had mentioned plans of going back to San Francisco, last time he and Ludi had spoken, but there was still a chance he was in town. Finding the hotel’s telecom number in her implanted memory, she sent him a quick voice only message.

“Hey Gun, it’s Ludi. I see you’re still in town. If you’re interested, I might have work for you…. Something that would be right up your alley, as you say. Eight tonight, Eye of the Needle.”

Although this mostly Ludi’s… and the Vory’s problem, this sort of work was almost exactly what Gun was used to. Hopefully, he’d be game. Truth was, since Alec, Ludmilla’s trust in people had greatly diminished. Gun, on the other hand, had proven himself. If he said he’d get the job done, he would.

It’s not even 7:15… She’ll never be up…

After a few seconds of some more hesitation, Ludmilla dialed Nikol’s number on her home phone, setting the call both audio and visual.

Come on Niki… Be there…
Shadow
Ugh. I gotta stop these late nights.

It was 11am and Gun was just getting out of bed. The red head he had met the night before snoozed happily beside him.

Maybe not.

The com buzzed him to awareness and he hit the play button.

“Hey Gun, it’s Ludi. I see you’re still in town. If you’re interested, I might have work for you…. Something that would be right up your alley, as you say. Eight tonight, Eye of the Needle.”

Work would be good. He had decided to set up shop in See-town for a bit. It was nice change of pace. He still needed to see the local Don about working here, but it could wait. As long as he worked for Don Giovoni he was untouchable.

Absently he reached over and turned the girl to face him, the silk sheets spilled aside revealing her trim figure. "Hey doll... look at me."
FrostyNSO
Gun

[ Spoiler ]
Vegas
Nikol was woken up hastily by the insistant ringing and vibrating of the vid phone on the night stand beside her bed.

Last night had been a bit of a blur, following 'Lana from one bar and club to the next to keep an eye on her by pretending to be "partying" with her. Sadly with the amount of alcohol the two Russian's drank last night, it was hard to "pretend" she wasn't feeling it this morning. She opens her blue eyes and looks at the display, muttering softly as Ludmilla's info pops up on the display, as well as at the early hour. She flips the secretary open to video and audio and lays back down in bed feeding a nice empty shot of half a wall and half a window back to Ludi

"Da? You do know what time it is, don't you?" Her English is heavily accented and slurred from both the lack of sleep and the remainder of the alcohol still left in her system. She rarely spoke English to Ludi unless it was for the benefit of others who didn't speak Russian, or if she was slightly annoyed.

Nik runs her fingers through her white-blonde hair and stares up at the ceiling as she continues the conversation, this time in Russian. "Just what do you need friend?"

Shadow
7pm on the dot.

Gun closed the door quietly behind him. His afternoon had been.. pleasent. The car was waiting for him as always. The concierge had gotten used to his style in the month he had been staying there. That and the big tips he left. It took a half an hour for him to get to the Seattle Center. It was a five minute drive normally. Gun decided to take the scenic route and make sure he wasn't followed.
Mister Juan
With a sly smile on her face, Ludmilla spoke at the empty screen.

“The day is for those who wake up early Nik. It’s time to be up and about.” She said while holding back a discreet laugh.

“I won’t hold you more than I need; I might have a job for you. Probably the wet sort. If you’re interested, I’ll be at the Eye of the Needle tonight, at eight.”

Hearing Lana skipping from the kitchen to her room, Ludi decided to cut things short.

“Just drop by if you’re interested ok? I need to go now. I’ll see you later.”
Vegas
She was about to ask a question about the kind of job, but already Ludi had cut the transmission. With one hand she punched a button and cleared the "call ended" message on the screen. She rolled over onto her side and groaned softly as her head throbbed when she moved too quickly. 7am was far too early for her today.

An extra job would be good right about now, besides the Company has decided I've earned a few days off, might as well make the most of them...

She rolled over before she got up to take enough synth-asprin to quell the headache and make her ready to face what was left of the day. She jumps in the shower and cleans up, dressing on the 'runner casual but professional side, not knowing if there would be a J waiting for them when she arrived to meet Ludi A pair of white cropped pants, layered tankops of silver over solid white and a cropped jacket in a shade of white-silver are tossed on as she runs a brush through her hair and fixes up her face.

It'll be nice to see Ludi again, it's been too long...

With her Elan on board, she locks up her apartment having left a message for 'Lana letting her know she'd be gone most of the night. Making her way down to the "secured" parking she sends the command that causes the security system to disengage on her Aurora and climbs on to make the trip to the Eye of the Needle. The time flashes in the corner of her eye as she starts off.

7:30. Plenty of time for the drive and to scout the place for familiar faces.
FrostyNSO
Ludi

[ Spoiler ]

Nikol

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Ludmilla’s bare feet felt cold on the tiled floor of the kitchen. Her hair still all tangled up from her night, she settle down in her chair… making her best to avoid Zina’s eyes. There was something she wanted to argue about, or at least scold her about. But the breakfast table, especially with Lana humming next to her mother, was neither to place nor the moment for yet another argument.

The eggs were good: if you liked salt. Ludmilla liked salt. Usually. But she could feel the grains crush under her teeth. But each time she took a bite, Lana would look at her for approval.

“Very good sweetie.” She said, her mouth half full, a tad scared to swallow. When her daughter turned back to smile at Zina, Ludmilla shoved half a toast in her mouth to soak up the taste, and swallowed hard before she was the centre of attention again.

“So, are you coming to work today? You know I can’t work the shop all by myself.” Zina said without lifting her head from her plate, looking at her niece from over her glasses.

Ludmilla’s fork scraped against her plate like nails on a chalkboard. A few seconds of silence passed before the woman started eating again.

“I have to go see a friend at 10. I’ll come in and help you as soon as I’m done.”

Out of Zina came a sound that seemed half way between a sigh and a grunt. “You know, Varya would have…”

Lana go get your things ready.” Ludmilla said, her green eyes locked on her aunt.

“But Mama, it’s only…”

Ludi snapped.

“Get your things now!” she said, hitting the table with her fist

Eyes widen with a mix of fear and surprise, the little girl hurried off into her room to get ready. A finger held toward Zina, she spoke in hushed, yet cold tone

“How dare you do this to me! Maybe I owe you for taking me in when I came over, but I’ve more than repaid my debt. It’s my friends and connections that keep your business running. It’s the money I make that puts this roof over your head and this food in your plate. Don’t you fragging come and patronize me in front of Lana. I had enough of your bulldrek. Don’t you ever dare pull some drek like that in front of my daughter ever again, am I fragging clear?”

Although Zina hadn’t said a thing, or even lift her head, Ludmilla could clearly see her old hands trembling.

As Lana came out of her room, head held low, Ludmilla went to get her boots on and grabbed her keys to the pickup.

“I’ll come by and help you around 12.”

She closed the door behind her.
Vegas
Nik parks and re-secures her bike in the parking structure on the 5th level. She readjusts her jacket, her fingers resting momentarily upon familiar patterned densiplast. The bulge beneath her jacket was hardly noticable, but it was comforting all the same.

She crosses the parking stucture at a clipped pace, she bypasses the elevator and takes the stairs to the ground level and exits onto the plaza beneath the Needle. She slides a pair of sunglasses over her eyes and tries to blend in with the crowds and look more like a tourist. However in Nik's case, she stood out somewhat like the north star in a deep black sky.

The real tourists were already starting to flock to the landmark, cameras blazing digital images to serve as memories when they went back home. Sometimes she wondered when it would be her turn to go back home. Someday. Somehow.

Shaking her head with a toss of blonde hair she walks along the plaza, checking out the various shops, pausing to look at the items the street vendors still tried to peddle. Nothing looked too out of the ordinary. As she appeared to look over various Seattle memorabilia, from behind her sunglasses her blue eyes look around with more intensity for anything out of place.
FrostyNSO
Ludi

[ Spoiler ]

Nikol

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Grabbing Hank’s hand into hers, Ludmilla gave him a rather hard smack on the shoulder. It was easy to see that the Russian woman was happy to see him. Sitting down in front of him, she pushed a few strand of black hair behind her left ear.

“I have been good. I guess…” she said through her heavy Russian accent.

“Did you hear about Jacky?”

Ludi started hitting her pack of cigarette against the table, trying to dislodge one.

“Yea. What a waste…” she offered him the pack. As usual, Hank simply refused with a nod. “I guess the only one who was actually smart about the whole thing was Ernie.”

“Are you saying I’m not smart?”, Hank replied with a smirk.

“Not like you’re the… how to say…” she lit her cigarette “sharpest knife in the drawer?”.

Her head tilted down, she lifted her deep green eyes toward him, sending him back a sly smile of her own. Ludmilla leaned back in her chair, getting comfortable and relaxed. Her original breakfast had been cut rather short, and her hungry stomach was still growling for food.

“So Hank, how are you?”
FrostyNSO
Ludi

[ Spoiler ]
Vegas
Her heart had skipped a step when she drew a little too much attention from the Lone Star boys. When neither of them reached for a radio, nor started drawing weapons and approaching her she nodded in their direction, smiled slightly to herself and continued on her way, making note of the frequency of the LS patrols.

Better hope none of us are being sought out for questioning tonight...

She continued her "tourist stroll" for a bit longer before she headed back towards the garage and on her way back to the International District. She made her way home to the apartment just as 'Lana was stumbling out of bed mumbling something about food. Nik let her sister clean up in the shower and then took her out for a late breakfast at a little Polish hole-in-the-wall down the street. Their bread and jam was still traditionally made and their perogies were out of this world.

After food was procured, she and 'Lana headed back to the apartment and Nik let her in on the possibility of a bit of cash coming their way soon if things went well tonight. She didnt go into details since she didn't even have them yet. Perhaps she'd get Ludi to come by and see 'Lana one of these days. God knows she could use the help with keeping her sister straight.

The rest of the afternoon passed by with conversation and the two sisters going their seperate ways now and again inside the small apartment. Nik repeated this mornings "prep" work minus the shower, and changed her clothes. White cropped pants were replaced by a striking silver-white evening dress with a plunging back and strappy silver sandals. She freshened up her makeup and hair and headed out to take a different route towards the Needle tonight. There was time to let someone else make the drive for her this time and she was looking forward to hearing the specifics of the potential work.
Mister Juan
Ludmilla cigarette stopped halfway to her mouth. Her eyes opened wide in disbelief, her jaw slightly hanging. She was about to say something, but no sound came out of her mouth.

When the food finally arrived, Ludi didn’t even touch her plate. She simply sat and stared at Hank. Him? Quit? She looked down at her lit cigarette, at small trail of smoke twirling toward the ceiling and fading away. She remembered something she had told him, just before their last meeting with Stone’s men.

“Tell me Hank; you are not just saying that to make me quit smoking?” she said, forcing a small smile at the corner of her mouth.

Looking up from his plate, Hank smiled back and chuckled.

“Yea doll, you got me.”

Ludi played with her food for a few seconds, a bit uneasy in her seat.

“Are you serious?”

“Of course I’m serious.”

A few more seconds of silent eating went by.

“I am sorry…. I simply… Did not expect that.” She looked up from her food “I still have a debt toward you.”

Hank waved his hand around at the comment, as if he was shooing some fly.

“I am also serious. I owe you my life.”

Reaching for the pepper shake, she sighed.

“I would be lying if I told you I didn’t think about walking away everyday. I just do not know what else to do…” she said, sounding mildly distant.

She shovelled some eggs in her mouth, her hunger becoming quite apparent.

“I don’t know about you” Ludi said while pointing him with her fork “but there is no legal work for me. I did not exactly come here with a stamp on my passport. And beside… I only know how to fix trideos, smash up people…. And cut hair.” She finished with a small chuckle.

To be honest, Ludmilla was a bit disappointed. Not in Hank… but in the thought he wouldn’t be there to watch her back anymore. She would miss him… deeply.

Swallowing hard, she smiled at him.

“Well, good luck Hank. I hope you find what you are looking for. Make sure to tell me when you get the job… I’ll go and see you.”
FrostyNSO
Ludi

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Her mouth half full, one of her cheek slightly puffed out, Ludmilla simply nodded and chuckled at Hank’s statements. As he got up, she swallowed.

“It was good to see you Hank. You take care of yourself.”

He smiled back at her, and a few seconds later, he was gone. Grabbing a small paper napkin from its metallic dispenser, the woman dabbed the corner of her mouth. Knowing Hank wouldn’t be there to watch her back on the next runs made her feel strangely uneasy. Taking another bite, she pushed it to the back of her mind. She had more pressing issues to think about.
Shadow
Seattle Center was a pretty well patrolled neighbor hood. Just a few blocks over things got squirrely, but Gun wasn't concerned about that. The last time he had been to the needle he had an excellent steak, he was looking forward to it again.

He spent a few minutes walking the grounds, there was a lot to see. When he was pretty sure he wasn't being followed he headed for the elevator entrance.
FrostyNSO
As 8 o'clock rolled around, the Needle was bustling with the sound of silverware gently scraping fine plates and conversation that constantly changed volume in a strange sort of rhythm. Flowing in the background was a fast-paced jazz instrumental played over the restaurant's sound system, while servers dressed in classic black formal wear zipped about with drinks, meals, and checks. The large, circular tables were set with immaculate white tablecloth draped over an emerald green liner whose corners hung down from underneath the white setting. Matching green napkin settings wrapped around fine silverware sat at each seat around the table. The chairs were made of dark, finished wood, with emerald apulstory that matched the table liners. At the center of each table was a very expensive looking candle setting.
Outside the windows that were on all sides of the restaurant one could see a beautiful panoramic view of the flickering Seattle skyline on one side, and the sound on the other, complete with it's multitude of sea traffic, whose lights shone on the dark water like the stars in the blackened sky. Nearer to the shore, Seattle's towers reflected on the calm water.
The restaurant was filled to the brim with well-to-do from all different backgrounds. While some wore cuts of clothing that were obviously corporate, others wore styles more in line with what was currently popular with certain "families" in the metroplex. Far to the right side of the elevator at a large table sat a group of eight women, all quite beautiful and dressed to kill. One of them, a platinum blonde with an up-do wore a long glittering silver dress that the light almost seemd to dance off of. So stunning was she, that one had to take a second look to spot the two large, well-dressed bodyguards that hovered just a short distance from her. Beyond her table, was another odd-looking group...well-dressed, but obviously not regular clientele. A human, an elf, and a troll, having dinner with a bland-looking gentleman in a plain grey suit.
Directly in front of the elevator doors was a lecturn with a pretty-faced server looking over what appeared to be "the list". As each new arrival stepped off the elevator, she greeted them warmly and inquired as to their reservations...
Shadow
Gun let out a breath as the doors opened. He always got a little nervous before the meets. Mob etiquette was completely different then life in the Shadows. He smiled at the pretty girl when she asked him his name.

"Gunther, I believe I am waiting for my friend who is on the list. If you don't mind I will just wait here..."

His mouth was still moving but sound wasn't coming out. As customary Gun was scanning the crowd for people he knew, or knew of, and threats. His eyes crossed the line of the platinum blond.

Threat, definitely a threat.

"Sorry, as I was saying, I'll just wait here for her." He smiles and dropped a 50 in the girls hand. He sat down discreetly by the elevator.

Any time Ludy.
Vegas
The next time the elevator doors opened, they gave way to another platinum blonde. She was dressed to the nines in formal evening wear, and she could hold her own in the looks department. She wasn't flanked by two bulky bodyguards as she stepped from the elevator. She didn't need them. As her ice blue eyes scanned the room taking note of exits and potential threats in rapid succession, there was an intensity in them, feral attitude. Killer instinct.

She approached the server standing at the podium and regarded her cooly as heavily accented English broke the "silence" of the restaurant's waiting room.

"I am here for the Soren party this evening please, reservations at eight o'clock."

As she waited for the girl's reply, the Russian looked further into the dining room itself, scanning tonight's occupants and looking for familiar faces to either be sure to say her hellos to or to keep her distance from this evening.
Mister Juan
When she stepped off the elevator, Ludmilla’s fast walking pace made her boots thud rather loudly on the lobby’s floor. Beside her faithful shoe ware, everything about Ludmilla wasn’t like her. Those who knew her well might even had a bit of a hard time recognizing her. He loose and baggy clothes had been replaced by a single piece, rather formfitting, dark red and black kimono dress.

Her arms were exposed from shoulders to hands, showing a very elaborate and intricate black inked tribal tattoo that ran from her shoulder to her elbow of her right arm. The woman’s short black hair was styled in the latest fashion, but lightly spiked here and there… giving her more edge.

Ludmilla even had makeup on… something that was very unlike her usual style. Nevertheless, it was done with an expert touch. A small handbag, matching her dress, completed the attire. One sure thing was that Ludi wasn’t carrying any weapons. Not that she needed anything to be dangerous.

The worried expression she had been wearing vanished when she noticed Nik already chatting up the receptionist. Ludi’s plan had been to arrive early enough to have Nik and Gunther but put up on the lists of guests for Mikhail’s table, but she had gotten herself all mixed up in traffic, that and Lana had decided to throw a tantrum because of school… And Ludmilla wouldn’t admit it, but she wanted to look good for Miki, something that had taken her more time than usual. As she approached Nik’s back, she caught a movement from the side of her eyes. He head snapped around, ready for anything.

She smiled, chuckling lightly at her own overreaction as Gunther approached her. Nodding at him, she walked up to Nik, putting her hand softly on her shoulder and leaning over it to talk to the receptionist.

“These two are with me. We’re here to see Mister Rodion. He’s expecting us.”
Vegas
Ludi could feel it as Nikol tensed up beneath her sudden touch, but the movement was invisible to the receptionist. Her eyebrow arched pointedly as Ludi dropped Mikhail's name, no sooner did that slight surprise leave her face before she was catching sight of Gunther approaching as well.

"Ludi! It's been too long! I trust all is well?" The Russian spilled from Nik's perfectly glossed lips. She nodded in Gun's direction as she continued, "I take it he's with us as well?"
Mister Juan
Looking at Gunther with an amused look, she answered back to Nikol in russian.

"Yes he is. A friend of the Family."

When the man was next to them, Ludmilla switched back to her heavily accented english.

"Let's go. We don't want to keep our host waiting any longer."
Shadow
Gunther gave a casual nod to the new woman. His eyes were alert and his posture was all business.

"Anything you can tell me before we start this," he said quietly to Ludmilla.
Mister Juan
As they walked thru the restaurant, Ludmilla leading as if she knew exactly where she was going, she spoke in a whisper to Gunther over her shoulder.

"That depends on what you want to know."
Vegas
Nik followed Ludi's lead, it was her show tonight, she was in control. As they crossed the restaurant, her eyes swept across the room slowly, appearing to take in the place for the first time, but truly being on guard and watching for so much more.

With a soft, but heavily accented whisper she speaks to Gun "Welcome aboard."
FrostyNSO
As the trio, led by Ludi approached Miki's table, Ludi immediately recognized the handsome, well-dressed man sitting behind it. Oddly, no bodyguards were present, or rather, they were out of sight.
"Ludmila! So good to see you after so long." Miki greeted with slightly accented english. His english education had been very good, but his mother tongue still slipped through in a way that made his voice sound pleasantly cultured. Planting a pair of soft kisses on each of Ludi's cheeks, he pulled out her chair. "Please, you and your friends sit down. The server will be here shortly with the menu. I trust Ludmila has told you what this is about?" Miki asked, nodding to indicate he was speaking to Gunther and Niki.

Almost on cue, a tall, dark-haired elf girl approached with menus in her hands. Placing them in front of each seat of the table, she waited for the group to all sit down before addressing the table. Her voice was soft and friendly, but her eyes kept drifting towards Gunther's.
"Can I start you with anything to drink tonight?" She asked.
"Please bring a bottle of the house wine." Miki politely ordered first. "...and anything my guests require as well." He added with a smile towards the others.
Mister Juan
As Miki came up to kiss her, Ludmila tensed up. When he and her usually met, they were either alone and intimate, or surrounded by dozen of Vory members... and almost ignored each other. She felt terribly nervous and anxious, but also giddy and happy like a schoolgirl.

Sitting down, she thanked Mikhail with a barely audible shy voice. Already, she could feel blood rushing to her cheek.

Come on, this is not the time or the place! Get a grip on yourself!

Ludmila was obviously about to say something when waitress arrived.

"Just some water for me. Spasiba."

Once the elf was gone, she turned her attention back to Miki.

"Well, I didn't tell them much. I thought they would be better off hearing it from you."
Shadow
Gun gave a brief smile to the waitress.

Top sirloin, medium, and the house wine will be fine."

Gun noticed the... odd reaction in Ludi.

Should be an interesting night.
FrostyNSO
After the waitress left to retrieve the wine, Miki addressed the group as a whole.

"There is a person whom friends of mine have been paying to provide certain favors from time to time, and when neccessary, to look the other way when certain things happen." Miki began. "Very recently, this person betrayed our arrangment, and almost cost me something dear to me..." Miki paused and lowered his tone of voice before continuing. "...before I continue any further. I must tell you that this person is a police man, and that I would not mind seeing something terrible happen to him. If this is going to be a problem, I would like to know before we discuss this further...So, is this a problem?" the man asked, looking to Gunther and Niki for answers.
Shadow

"As long as this is sanctioned I'm okay with it."
FrostyNSO

"I can assure you this is sanctioned. However there are other details which I will explain in a moment. Niki?"
Vegas
She had waved off the Elven waitress as she politely hovered around Nik waiting for her order. She listened intently to the beginings of the details take shape as they spilled from Miki's mouth. She had picked up on the goings on between Ludi and Miki when they had approached the table and made their introductions.

With a single nod of her head and a soft "Da." she was all in and ready to hear more the fact that it was a police officer didn't phase her much. Besides she'd already done much worse for the Company in the past.
Shadow
Gun nodded to the cute waitress, giving him more of his smile, when she returned with the food and the whine.
FrostyNSO
Delicately placing the group's entrees in front of them, the waitress returned Gun's nod. Miki, catching the gesture smiled slightly before laying out the details of the job.

"As I said, we want a police man from Lone Star removed, and there is a substantial reward for the ones who do it. We know where the police man lives, but there is a small catch." Miki took a small sip of his wine, taking the time to look at each of the team in the eyes. "This police man is involved with more than the Vory, and we want it to look like some of his other associates did the job. How you do this is up to you, but you are all highly recommended and I am sure you can perform this task to satisfaction." Again Miki took a sip of wine. "The police man's name is Alex, an old associate of Ludmila's, and I would start by looking at his dealings with the triads. We don't want a dead police man leading more police men to the Vory."

Miki slowly reached under the table, pulling a fine black leather case from under the tablecloth. Placing it on the table, near the center, Miki lowered his voice.

"In this case is nuyen.gif 30,000...We will call it a deposit. When I hear of a dead police man named Alex, I will give your team another case like this one...Do we have an arrangement?"
Vegas
Nik's brow arches a bit when more details come to light about the proposed hit. It would be complicated and take a lot of planning to pull off right and pin it hard enough against someone else to really make it stick.

Granted, 60k split three ways was a lot of cash.

But it involved a relatively upgraded risk to go after a cop, even if he was dirty and it could end up costing the trio a lot of time, effort and contacts.

But it's 20k on the line.

She looked at Gun to gauge his reaction before looking at Ludi to get her silent thoughts. The two women could read each other well, even without speaking.

She nods slightly from behind a glass of water as she takes a sip.

"I'm in."

Shadow
Gun looks to Ludmilla to see her answer before responding.
Mister Juan
Both palms laying flat on the table, it was easy to notice that ludmilla was doing her very best to keep some sort of composure.

Truth be told, she would have taken the job for free. vengeance was her reward. If Alex hadn't turned on her, Varya would have been alive today. If had a word in it, Alex would suffer before he died... suffer a great deal.

"You know" she looked up at Miki as she clentched her fists "I'd do it for free. I'm in. All the way."
Shadow
Gun raised a silent eyebrow at the white palmed Ludy.

"I'm in as well."
FrostyNSO
Miki gave a grim frown at Ludi's comment, but smirked slightly once all three runners gave their approval.

"Then we have an arrangement." Miki affirmed. "After the job has been completed to satisfaction, we will make arrangements for the settling of the remaining payment...Remember-"

Stopping in mid-sentence, Miki's eyes darted side to side and then focused toward the elevator. "It is time to go." He said in a rushed, but subdued tone. Quickly he began to set his drink down and slide his seat out.

Niki
[ Spoiler ]
Vegas
Nik's blue eyes flashed as she looked across the restaurant, the men in all black including their shades stuck out to her like a bright red dress in a Siberian landscape. About the same time Miki was urging them that their business was concluded.

With a subtle movement she collected the case from the table, slipping it uned her arm, sealing their deal with Miki for the hit.

"Lady and gentlemen, we've got company." She deadpans quietly for the members of her party only as she starts to rise to her feet, her grip on the case tightening slightly. "Perhaps we should go seperate ways?"

"If you all will excuse me, I need to freshen up." She says loud enough for the benefit of the neighboring tables. She caught Ludi's and Gun's eyes and subtly signaled them to the restroom area and the kitchen and other possible exits.
Mister Juan
As Niki rose from her chair, Ludmila could feel her tensing up. She felt like snapping her head around to seach for whatever threat was coming their way... but doing so would only draw more attention to herself.

For a few second, the russian woman considered the fact that she was totaly unarmed... but then again, it wasn't something that had ever stopped her. If things got heated, she would either have to duck and flee, or get extermely up close and personal.

Pushing her chair back as she rose, her deep green cyber eyes went over to Miki's. Losing herself in his eyes for a brief moment, she bit her lower lip as she turned around.

She spoke in a whisper.

"Fan out. Regroup later."

Ludmila then walked, or at least she tried not to run, toward the restroom.

Shadow
Comfortable with the throwing knives in his lap, Gun continues to eat his delicious steak. He was not one to let interlopers interfere with a good meal. He watched them approach over the rim of his wine glass, savoring the smokey flavor of the wine as it mingled with the residue of the medium steak in his mouth.

Love this joint.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012