Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiment: Insurection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Kiedo
Wanted: A preestablished group of runners, who work hard to get the job done. Good pay, no benifits, very rewarding.

I am looking for 4-6 runners of various backgrounds, who will come into the game as a preestablished team.

I will be making my selections based purely off of the background story, your welcome to send the sheet with it, but the sheet will not effect my choice.

If you feel the need to post a background in this thread (I'd prefer a concept or character sketch here and the rest to my email), please put it in spoilers.

Background Guide

I don't care about formatting, if you want to write it out as your character telling thier background to some guy in a bar, or want to have a biographical retelling (complete with dates and annotations), that's fine. The only thing I ask is you get creative, make your character quirky, make them interesting, and something you think will be fun to play.

If you've got a bizzare idea you'd like to try out, think it out then run it by me, you'd be suprised what I will allow in my games (just look at Extradition, theres a fallen great dragon and a sprite trapped in a human form). So if you've got some type of character that a little bit out there that's good, I live out there.

I understand that even dedicated roleplayer like to squeeze the most out of thier sheets, so despite being a member of GAM (Gamers against munchkin, actually I just made that up), if your sheet looks uber so long as it's got a very nice, well thought out background behind it, I wouldn't worry, but if you submit a paragraph that every sentance begins with your characters name or "he" (that covers your char's history from birth to game current time) and a min/maxed to hell and back sheet you probably have absolutely no chance of getting in.

Sheet Formatting Guide

My favorite method of character creation is an excel document, but I have had absolutely no luck whatsoever creating an adept using this format. I would prefer above all else the excel document, but will also accept a text document (.txt, .rtf, .doc, .odt, ect.). I will not however accept a .sr4 sheet, so if you use a chargen program (I only know of two), please use another method for your build.

Build Points - 400
standard character creation rules, 250,000 nuyen.gif max,200 BP attribute max, ect.

Special notes:
-you get free contact points equal to your charisma times 2.

-the final total for positive and negative qualities must be no more than +/-5.

-with the negative quality "addiction" I have added an additional stipulation for the quality: for each level of the quality the character requires one more addition dose (with no added effect) to achieve the same effect, this is noted by the tolerance value. If less than the required dosage is taken the drug has no effect, but the player must still roll an addiction test, and suffer the negative side effects.
Tolerance chart
mild - 1 (2 doses)
moderate - 2 (3 doses)
sever - 3 (4 doses)
Burtnout - 4 (5 doses)

I think that make that flaw more real.

Submission Guide (ohh that sounds bad)
Place a teaser/sketch/concept, in this thread

email me the background (and sheet if you want).
Grendel0019@gmail.com

Game Setting
date: fall 2070
Job: corporate thief/data steal/somthing in that vien.

If you have any questions don't hessitate to post them here (or PM me if they are character specific).
Divine Virus
Because I really want to play this character:

Fixer/face
A man in his mid 50s, this retired soldier served in every major conflict since he was eigteen (back in 2033). He lost an arm and suffered chest damage in the Night of Rage; he was one of the few humans who risked his life to help the orks and troll. When the Renraku Archology shut down he was amoung the men to go in, and recived a feild commission for his work, then served as a Zoney untill the crash of 64 erased his SIN. Well connected with seemingly everyone, he strikes those he meets as profoundly authentic. He has a gentle smile and loves to tell tall tales, and RARELY mentions his time in the army. Despire his peaceful ways he is a crack shot with a pistol, However it is virtually always loaded with gel rounds, and virtually never shoots to kill. In fact, amoung smugglers the turf he guarded as a Zoney became known as the "Jelly Zone," because of his non'leathal pratises. and I hate to mention Firefly again, but I see him in present time a lot like Book is personality wise. Minus the religon.

(P.S. This is the fifth game I have submitted this character to).
I imagine this description is looking familiar to you nyahnyah.gif
For this character to be played properly (IMHO) he needs an item with a higher availbility then 12, I will PM you the details.

Cheers and smiles.
HMHVV Hunter
I was salivating over this, judging by the title...

And then I saw it was for SR4.

D'OH!
Digital Heroin
I'm salivating -because- it's SR4... biggrin.gif
Kiedo
Yes, that character does ring a few bells.... wink.gif

It occurs to me the paradox of what would happen, if both Alex and myself selected him though. I think he might have to break the laws of physics to be able to run in both games, lol.

And hunter, I'm sorry that SR4 is not your cup of tea, I liked how you played in "Planar Breach"( IC, OOC however short lived that was). But I prefer SR4 over the older editions because most of the things I created house rules for were absorbed into the core rules, saving me countless handouts detailing my changes. That's not to mention I'm the type of person who likes to use the most recent editions of things (like I just unistalled office 2000 on my laptop, in favor of an open source alternative that is cutting edge, sort of [it's openoffice.org if anyone is interested]).

I'm leaning towards friday as the cut off date for submissions, and all I need from you is a background story in my inbox, to be qualified.

[edit]
Also anyone who has expirenced one of my runs, knows two things, one I never use the companies from the book because I don't like using other people's stuff, and two I always go really big, with my plans for my runs.

I forgot to do this with Extradition, but I'd like to give you fair warning, anything you do is permanent and effects every subsquent game I run that comes in contact with the things you change, for example, if you were to kill Ark Grueli there would never be another run that I do, in which he is a part of, unless the game was set in a time previous to when he was killed, or if another character who knew him in life mentioned him.

I also borrow heavily from past runs I have done (and runs do concurrently with the one your participating in), not story lines because that would make the runs too easy to predict, so don't be suprised if you happen to read another forum run of mine and see some familiar faces (actually the first characters that ever participated in one of my games, who also hold the record of surviving/staying active the longest, currently sit on the board of one of the companies that I have created, Catalyst Inc. if your wondering).

when I have more time (not that I'm in any hurry right now, but I am working on a few SR related projects at the moment), which might be as early as later tonight, I will post a brief corporate profile for the two companies that will be directly involved in the run, Catalyst Inc.(accounting, many other functions) and Muchado Industries (firearms and government projects).
[/edit]
Konsaki
Bountyhunter
Loss. Loss can drive people to do things that they would never do in a sane mind. Vengance and revenge drive men well beyond the bounds of the law in a self-serving quest. Eventually, as time goes on, completing the deed becomes a way of life as it consumes the man.
He had his life ripped from his hands and can never get it back... But as time goes on, after vengance and revenge have been completed, he continues hunting and running.

I'm going to write up a full background for this char in a day or so. I have the char sheet all filled out already and will send both in together.
Divine Virus
Actally Alex has said that he would prefere me not to submit the face character, since he already has 2 submissions for faces, and to focus on either the blade adept or the kid raised in the shadows idea.
So no physics breaking.
Digital Heroin
Triplicate [Technomancer]

Formerly a hot Renraku prospect, Yoshiro Takahara's star was on the rise in their Investment Forecasting department, until the second crash. For the Novatech IPO, Yoshiro had been assigned to a black project, something he suspected to be personally motivated on the part of one of his superiors. But he was not one to speculate. Instead, at nineteen, he engineered what would have been one of the smoothest financial manouvers since the nanosecond buyout... if it weren't for a few little problems.

When the virtual smoke settled, Yoshiro found his conscience spiralling out of control in the matrix, unaware of how to get back to his body. He began to see things in a way he had never before been aware of them, to understand the code on a level that could only be described as spiritual. When he finally came to in the real world, he tried to discount the vivid halucinations. After all, he had other concerns. His employers would be less than happy with his failure, especially if the project was indeed one of personal gain.

Knowing justice would be swift and likely lethal, he used the chaos following the crash to leave the corporate nest, and he found a new home in the shadows. A home where he could explore his newfound spirituality, and the gifts which came with it.
Kiedo
As promised one of the two company's profiles, the other one I'm still polishing so it will be later on. Also I have a complete corporate hierarchy but that would take up too much room, and I haven't got all of the department heads named yet.

Catalyst Incorporated
Corporate Profile

History

Catalyst Industries was founded in 2060, by a loosely associated group of accountants and financial advisors to handle the growing demand for outsourced accounting. Today Catalyst Industries is one of the fastest growing corporate entities in the world, being granted extraterritoriality after only three years of doing buisness.

Being the top accounting firm in the world, handling outsourced jobs for virtually every major corp in the world, from Saeder-Krupp to Lone Star, has afforded the company the resources to spread it's influence, currently operating on every continent. The influx of resources has also given them the ability to buyout other smaller corporations. The currently deal in magical supplies, minerals, biotech, envirotech, nano technology, and many others.

The company is currently controlled by Ark Grueli, who's rise to the companies top was as surprising as the companies own. An orphan and sole survivor from an Antarctic town known as Amplus, which was a troll settlement destroyed by a far reaching branch of Humanis. He arrived in Houston coming from South America in 2058, and was hired by former CEO Chuck Andrealins to head up security. Upon Chuck's mysterious disappearance, a note was found naming Ark, pending board approval, the successor to his job.

Catalyst Inc. is a private company who's investors and owners are public information. The 94% of the companies stock is held by seven people while the remaining 6% is held by various small investors.

The Board

Darius Rune (9%) - Head of secret projects
Jade Davenport (23%) - Head of the Research and Development Department
Ark Grueli (14%) - CEO
Nerav Dougal (7%) - replaced Ark as head of security
Perrin Goldsmith (7%) - Head of Magic Studies
Steven Kingsley (13%) - Head of Publishing and Public Relations
Stasia Miroslav (21%) - Head of investing
Shadow
Dossier from: Agent Hirahm, FBI field office, Seattle
To: Agent Shcroder, Houston Texas, CAS

Name: Raven
Weapon of Choice: Heavy Pistol
Secondary Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Race: Elf (caucasian)
Rating: Extremely dangerous. Sociopathic tendencies

Personality:
Don't let the soft exterior fool you. This woman is a hardened criminal who would kill you just as much as look at you. She should be considered armed and dangerous.

File Photo: Age in Photo: 24. Click here to access. Level 2 clearance required.

Notes:

She is one tough broad, former Olympic level athlete, and deadly at any range with a gun. Last year she was seen in CAS territory on an extraction job for an Azzie VP. Her and her team reportedly took down an Azzie Bodyguard team.
Konsaki
OK, sent in the background and Char sheet for my bountyhunter. Here is some general info on my char.

Name - Roland "Drifter" Matthews
Race - Elf
Age - 45 (Looks 27)
Born - 4 May 2025
Job - Bountyhunter
Kiedo
Well I'm very pleased with the characters I've got so far, when I have a little more time to go back and find all the information I'll make a list of who I've gotten.
Digital Heroin
I've got about four handwritten pages of background cooked up, closer to five, for Triplicate... just need to type it up. I'm still at sea, will be in Friday morning, but I'll try and snare some on watch time tommorrow for typing.
Konsaki
4 to 5 pages!? Damn and i though i was going a little overboard with around 7-8 paragraphs... eek.gif
Kiedo
that's nothing I got 35 pages of background, 7 pages of physical descrpition, and 4 pages of moral code from one of the players in Extradition.
Konsaki
Now that is some serious dedication...
Kiedo
Well it's friday, and you know what that means.

Sooo, I'm almost glad to see a small number of submitted characters, my normal group is only two players so this is more towards my...idiom.

Since I've only gotten four characters, everyone who has submitted one, of course is in. But just to make sure that I have not missed anyone, here are the people that I have on my list.

Divine Virus - human(?) - ? - face/fixer
Konsaki - human(?) - Roland "Drifter" Matthews - bounty hunter
Digital Heroin - human(?) - Yoshiro "Triplicate" Takahara - technomancer
Shadow - Elf - Angela "Raven" - Street Sammie

The only character I have a sheet for is "Drifter", so I'd like you guys to turn in the sheets pretty soon.

I will post the OOC thread in a few minutes, after I take care of a few things, and the IC thread will go up monday (which is the deadline for sheets).
Konsaki
Quick fix, Roland is an Elf, Kiedo.
Digital Heroin
I wrote a novel once about a character I played elsewhere online, non-SR... but that's another story.

I'll have the sheet ready asap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012