Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I love you, Bethesda
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Tanka
Hotlinked because I'm a suspensful bastard.
Smilin_Jack
Oh hot damn.

I've been waiting for that forever.
Tanka
If it's anything at all like Oblivion in terms of expansiveness and open-endedness, I will lose whatever semblance of a social life I currently retain.
Lindt
Uhhhhhhg. 'cuse me, I need to go change my pants.
bclements
I think it was at last year's E3 as well. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
eidolon
Meh. Never been a huge turn-based fan, but I could see waiting a year and trying it out of the bargain bin.
TimeKeeper
Tell you what... go to your local Walmart or K Mart... Wherever.

See if they have a PC bargin bin.

Usually you can find the Fallout Twinpack for anything from $10 or less.
(I got my for like... $2)

Then once you played them a bit (make sure you patch F2 first... otherwise your car's gonna get messed up...) Come back and join us in Vault.

Go on. We'll keep a place by the reactor for ya where it's nice and toasty warm.
jklst14
I've been looking forward to this game for years. Buzz has been big so I'm pretty hopeful that it won't turn into vaporware.
Shadow
Wait though, the company that made the first 2 and Tactics is gone. They don't exist anymore. Anyone know if Bethesda has any of the original team there?
eidolon
QUOTE (TimeKeeper)
Tell you what... go to your local Walmart or K Mart... Wherever.

See if they have a PC bargin bin.

Usually you can find the Fallout Twinpack for anything from $10 or less.
(I got my for like... $2)

Then once you played them a bit (make sure you patch F2 first... otherwise your car's gonna get messed up...) Come back and join us in Vault.

Go on. We'll keep a place by the reactor for ya where it's nice and toasty warm.

Oops. Guess I should have included that Fallout one and two are the main reasons I don't care for turn-based. wink.gif

I see the appeal, the story and settings are cool as hell. I just can't be bothered to slog through them.
TimeKeeper
Ok then. And I never really cared for the combat in Morrowind. And if Oblivion is anything like that, I'm not going to like it too much. (that and the fact that I got lost after I stopped playing for like a week.)

Personally back in the day I tried to TC SR into the Fallout2 engine.

The idea was a basic release followed by Sourceloads (Sorcebook style updates that you downloaded and added on). the SSC would add MANY more weapons, Shadowtech would add character enhancements (Cyber/Bio), etc... Eventually I was going to add other city/locations for it.

Too bad the idea never got past the planning phase.

Shadow: The original team (most of them anyway) was Black Isle Studios IIRC... they became Obsidian in recent years.
eidolon
I've only seen Morrowind played, and then only for a few seconds. No idea what the combat is like.

I like the combat in NWN.
Shadow
QUOTE (TimeKeeper)
Shadow: The original team (most of them anyway) was Black Isle Studios IIRC... they became Obsidian in recent years.

Exactly. So this could be just some company using the license to sell a few games.
TimeKeeper
Bethesda currently have the rights to single player Fallout.
Interplay was trying to split the franchise into single/MMO properties and I'm not sure who got the later or if it was even sold.

Has Bethesda EVER made a bad license cash in game?
Maybe one and they were using an experimental engine for it. The sequel was more refined. The only license they had was for the Terminator and as I stated before, except for the first one, the other two/three were pretty good for their time.

Bethesda is a company that actually cares about the products they have and most fans (except NWA, but those guys are rather extreme) would say that the franchise is in good hands.

Besides, with large open ended RPGs set in hugh, vast worlds, I think these guys are at the top of the list. I just hope they have NPCs and keep if turnbased. Otherwise it could be misfiled as a FPS with melee weapons. (damn these younger generations with no knowledge of classic games)
Muzzaro
I'd accept a Fallout 1/2 style game, but damn, i'd kill for Oblivion style gameplay! Even more so, if there was co-op multiplayer. Riding through the wasteland with a partner-in-crime would be fun. Probably impossible, but fun.
Dale
I'm more hoping for a GTA : FALLOUT game.
Lindt
My guess is its going to use the SPECIAL engine, and be turn based. Or like tatics, turn based/real time.

Bummer Interplay died though. Interesting note, if you look hard enough, you can find devolper notes for FO3 before it was canned. They are a great read, IF you can find them.
TimeKeeper
Another good read is the FOB or Fallout Bible.
Lotta cool ideas in there that kinda feel to the waste side.

One was an EPA facility (full of experiments) and a continously running rival for FO2. Basicly he was the other chosen one and is/was constantly following/challenging you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012