Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun 2?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Banaticus
So, I'm going to be playing in a Shadowrun game in a bit. "3 or 4," I asked. "2," was the reply.

So ... I never picked those up, anyone know where I can find some? Cheaply? Preferably free?
Kanada Ten
Have you checked Ebay?

It's very similar to SR3, actually, with an insane defaulting system and an interesting sorcery mechanic. Otherwise, they [SR2 and 3] are the closest editions.
SL James
$13.75 at Stiggybaby.
Platinum
Woohoo ... where the heck are ya? and can I get in on the game?

2 has less skills (knowledge skills do not exist in the same format), grounding, muscle augmentation instead of toning and augmentation,
the spell damage code is dictated by the spell ... ie, mana dart is L, mana bolt is M,
instead of mana bolt, and you determine the drain based on damage code you choose.

You get all of the meta-magics when you initiate instead of just one, and geas have a bit of a twist. You can shed them when you initiate, and you have to take one when you lose two points of magic, your magic rating still decreases, but you have to take a geas. (cuts down on munchkin mages with lots of cyberware and MR 6)

Oh ... and initiative is different ... street sammies are actually useful
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012