Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Insurrection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Kiedo
Okay once again, just for book keeping purposes (mainly), here are the folks, aside form myself, invovlved in this run.

Divine Virus - human(?) - Nicholas Gats Miralda - face/fixer
Konsaki - elf - Roland "Drifter" Matthews - bounty hunter
Digital Heroin - human(?) - Yoshiro "Triplicate" Takahara - technomancer

if you see a question mark that means either I don't know a particular piece of information or I'm not sure, please help me fill in the blanks.

A few guide lines

- place a date/time/location stamp, in yellow on each post IC, unless your having a conversation and then it could get tedious. A good rule of thumb is, if you think more than ten minutes have pasted IC, stamp it. I use military time, when I post my time stamps, you don't have to if you don't want to.

- please turn your signatures off when posting IC.

- You are rolling your own dice, I trust you. When you post your results, please put the numbers rolled and not just the number of hits.

- Dice pool modifiers. if I decide that you incure dice pool modifiers, then one of two things will happen. A) I will ask you to reroll with the appropriate amount of dice, or B) I will roll the extra dice and add them to your results.

- I would prefer all dice rolls be placed in spoilers here in the OOC, it's not a biggy it just makes everything tidy.

- Spoilers and other people's characters. If there are spoiler tags with sombody else's character's name above it, I don't care if you read it, if I want to do something I don't want other PCs knowing about I'll PM. I just use spoilers again for neatness.

Getting Started

- As a mnemonic device so we all can get to know one another, and all the characters, I'd like you to do the following.

- Give us a name to call you, if your DS name is fine with you just use that.

- Tell us a little bit about your level of roleplaying expirence.

- Give us a nice physical desciption and background teaser about your character.

My name's Jacob, I've been roleplaying since 1999, and have played mostly shadowrun. I've GMed most of that time, only recently trying my had at PCs.

Now there are some things you guys need to think about. Since you are coming into the game a preestablished team, do you want a team leader, a name. Also you might want to try and interweave your backgrounds a little to help things go smoothly.
Konsaki
Hiya all. My name is Matt and I am 23. I've been RPing in P&P games off and on for the past 10 or so years. I've GMed a few times with a couple of novice groups to get them into the swing of playing P&P D&D and SR4 but havent GMed any epic runs. I've generally been in more Hack n' Slash groups than RP groups, though I like to try and RP even in them.
P&P Portfolio - Marvel Superhero, Vampire the Masqurade, Paladium's Hero Game(the name excapes me right now, AD&D, D&D 2ed through 3.5, little SR3 and SR4.
I am currently in Korea right now so my posting will be dependant on what shift im working. If i am working nights then I will probably be able to post more often than days, but I still plan on at least 1+ posts a day.

Char Description
Name - Roland "Drifter" Matthews
Ocupation - Bounty Hunter
Race - Elf (Caucasian)
Age - 45 but he looks 27 (My own spin on elven aging from D&D i guess wink.gif )
Hair/Eye - Brown/Hazel
Hight/Weight - 5' 11"/190lb

Appearance - As you look at Roland you see a man who has trained his body all his life. He is neither too muscled nor too lean, but there is something in the way he carries himself. A look into his eyes tells there is some intelligence within this tanned and weather beaten frame.
Fully outfitted for his job he looks like a bounty hunter from a old western minus the long duster. His jacket is leather looking but old and worn, while his jeans and shirt underneath look fairly clean. On his head you see a black cowboy hat that, if you picked it up, would weigh more than it should.
He speaks with a slight southern accent in a voice that would make the "Duke" proud. On close inspection you see there is no cyberware to be seen on this man but you see a scar that runs down the left side of his face from his left eye to his chin.

Group Knowledge
[ Spoiler ]

Team Name - I have no idea what to throw down for this cause i dont know enough about the other chars. frown.gif
Divine Virus
Hello, my real name is Zander, and I started playing RPGs 8 years ago, and I am just restarting after a one year hiatus. I am new to shadowrun, though I have been enjoying shadowrun novels for a half dozen years.

And yes, I did copy paste my intro from your other game.

Nicholas Gats Miralda

Nicholas was born in 2015. As of this year of 2070, he is 55 years old, and has seen MANY things. He has met many people. But let us start at the begining. Nicholas dropped out of school when he was 16, conviced that so much interesting stuff was happening in the world that anything he learn in school would be completely irrelavent in the next 5 years. So he traveled the newly combined states and canada till he was 18, then enrolled in the army right away. Physically fit, gutsy, and charming, the young Nicholas quickly moved up the ranks to private, first class, and was a Corperal by the time he finished his second three year term, is 2039. Before signing up for another, he decided to take some time off and see more of the country he had been risking his life for. It was on februairy seventh, 2039 that Nicholas found himself in Seattle, during what would latter be known as the Night of Rage. Nicholas always had the strong beleif that it mattered not what creed or meta-type one was, we were all people, and differences were illusionairy. Nick is a man who would die living by that belief. DUring the Night of Rage Nick did everything in his power to insure the safty of the trolls and orks, even though he was human, even agiesnt the riotous mobs.

Every person, no matter how great or how small, at some point in thier life, has had a defining moment. That is to say the culmination of thier character into a single point in time that shows their true color. Unfortunately for Corperal Nicholas Gats Miralda, his defining moment was almost his last. (sorry Kiedo, couldn't help myself).
Nick lost his arm that night, and had his chest turned into a pulp. He will never tell the story of how it happend. but it is a good tale, and it deserves to be told.
[ Spoiler ]

After that Nick served three more terms, quickly reaching the rank of Sergeant, First Class. Sargent Miralda then worked as a drill sergeant, untill the Cermak Blast, when he assinged to lead Squad into the remains of Chicago and help clean up the mess there. He won further distiction during those combats, and when the situation was more secure he did a few more years of of training, earning the repuatation of the best damge drill Sergeant in the camp. FOr this reason he was called from the role of Drill instructor again when the Renraku Archology went into lockdown. He was amoung the forces that cracked the Renraku Archology and amoung the first inside. He won't say a word of what happend in there, and neither shall I this time. but he lost his cyberarm, and recived a full field-commission to the rank of Major, as his arm was replaced by the army.
Now, lets turn back the clock a bit. Dunkelzahn was Miralda's personal hero. The only time Miralda got truely shitfaced was when he heard of Dunkelzahn's death. He has never drank since.
After the Archology was liberated Maj. Miralda was assigned to be a Zoney, and did remarkably well, earning himself a permotion to Lieutenant Colonel. Unfortunatly, this brought him under the command of pretty much the one and only man who resented Miralda. The Colonel that Miralda served under resent Miralda rapid rise through the ranks, resented his feild commision. Resented that everyone seemed to naturally like Miralda and resented that he sorta liked Miralda as well. Miralda still fared well, earning himself a reputation for his nonleathal methods in apprehending smugglers and the like.
When the crash of '64 came Miralda's SIN was earased. The Colonel took advantage of this to try to have Miralda arrested for impersinating an officer. However certain people, those sent to arrest him, happened to let Miralda escape, as they knew that he wasn't, impersonating and offer, and also because they really liked him, most people did.

SINless, Miralda heading to Seattle, got intouch with his Ork chummer, and tried to build a new life...

Miralda is a tall man, well past his best years. The stress of leaving the army, which he was in for 37 years, took a grave tool on him. Miralda's hair is almost completely grey, and his face is weatherbeaten. But the lines on said face are from smiling, not from frowning. he has a slight stubble as often as he is cleanshaven, and has a ready laugh and deep brown eyes. he still has the build of a soldier, even if most of the muscle and fittness has left him.

Edit: I was actually still working on this when Konsaki posted. Well, Miralda doesn't drink but he does love listening to stories. He goes to bars sometimes, sipping water and pretending its vodka. (he knows many bartenders so they don't mind to much. He tips well, for water, and tends to draw a bigger crowd, rithout making things rouwdy.
Kiedo
Oh, I forgot to mention, shadow had to back out for....personal reasons, so it will just be the three of you. I hope that doesn't hinder anything. At least this time, you've got a face (Zander you can appreciate that, lol).

And with three PCs you almost won't need a team leader, so that might save you some trouble voting on things like that (that is of course if there are still at least three PCs).

If somebody else backs out, I'm going to post a new Recruitment thread and try to get at least two more players quickly, but I hope we're still three strong.
Divine Virus
I'm still good. still working out the details of my character. I never seem to have all the points I need for attributes.... then the bioware calls....
So yes, I will have my character in hopefully later today, and he will certainly be `a good face. Far better then a 3 dice default. My main problem is working out contacts. which reminds me. expect a PM about that soon Kiedo.
Divine Virus
Digital Heroin, how long ago did you work for Renraku, cause Miralda was with the forces that invaded when Deus shut the plce down. Its possible that there is a link there.
Kiedo
I'm going to wait until I hear from everybody to post the IC thread, in case I still have to recruit a few more folks...
Digital Heroin
Appologies for my lack of response here, it's been that kind of weekend...

As for how long ago Yoshi worked for Renraku, he was part of the corporation back when the Arcology was shut down, but as a ward, not an employee... he grew up in a corporate orphanage in Japan, and only came across the ocean vast following the Crash 2.0.
Konsaki
Good to see you are still in DH. Could you give some some general info about your char: name, age, appearance and such. It would help me fine tune my own char's relations and maybe give me some ideas about team names if any.
Kiedo
I have a question. Will you guys be okay with three people or should I try and get one or two more? I'll leave it up to you.
Divine Virus
well. We pretty much have everything covered except for magic.
I see two options:
1) we recruit a mage, and possibly a rigger (unless you got that covered DH)
2) I shelve Miralda and whip up a face/shaman, and triplicate (if needed) gets a few ranks in pilots skills.

EDIT: just thought up a third....
3) Remember in your other game Kiedo, how you said that if you have any unusual ideas, you would allow them? does that work here to? cause I can tell you that if Aku didn't beat me to the dracoform idea, I would have asked it myself. My longstanding love of dragons is what got me into RPGs in the first place. I could use the same houserules you gave Aku to whip up a dracoform face/magic user.
cheers everyone
Kiedo
No that won't be nessicary, I think you'll be fine as three. It'll be easier on me anyway not having to keep track of ten players and only eight (5 from extradition of course).

Like all my runs I don't plan far enough ahead to require any certain type of character so what ever you lack, you probably won't wind up needing, and if you do I'll NPC it out.

Today, I'm going to post the IC, a little later once I work out the kinks in the briefing. I have tons of stuff for Houston, since that's were I live and all my local group runs take place. So there should be a little bit of color that Extradition lacks (not that it's noticable with such good players).

Since my games all acknowledge the existance of one another and exist in a single time line (albiet very loose and shakey), this run will be the culmination of an entire episode of history (in my little world), and no doubt NPCs will speak the names of your characters frequently in other runs, in quiet revrence.
Konsaki
Ah i can see it now... "Drifter was a good runner in his day. Too bad he tried to bounty a dragon and was snuffed out with a twitch of it's tail..."

So you live in Houston huh? I lived in the San Antonio before i enlisted.
Kiedo
Cool, yep the Bayou City, horrible place, but it's all I've got, lol.
Divine Virus
crap. I can't get the stuff (knowedges and contact detail) done tonight, got a paper due in tomorrow, and another on friday. will try my best to get it done asap
Divine Virus
I'm pretty sure that getting a suit from one of Miralda's many contacts doesn't really warrent a roll, or the like, given the 6 odd hours he has to do it.

same goes for getting the bartender to pour him some water without complaints. not really worth a nedatiation roll.
Konsaki
How long do you think it has been since our characters have seen each other, couple of weeks to a month?
Divine Virus
I'm guessing a good month, seems about right to me.
Digital Heroin
By way of introduction, I'm Steve, I've been gaming in some manner or another for the better part of seventeen years. I'm currently serving in the Canadian Navy, but try not to hold that against me, eh.

Breif character bio:

Name: Yoshiro Takeshi
Streetname: Triplicate
Sex: Male
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 175lbs.

While not physically strong, Yoshiro keeps himself in good shape. He has a keen, often transformational sense of style, but is rarely seen in anything that could be considered commonplace. Some mistake this for a sense of vanity, but it instead an expression of a freedom he has only come to appreciate in the last decade.

Skillset:

Triplicate is not a combat oriented decker, instead he is the storied Ghost in the Machine. He prefers a subtle approach, but when it comes down it, he is not afraid to fight. The same applies to his physical presence. While often unassuming, he is no pushover, skilled in both ranged and melee combat.

He speaks little of his past, but will show no shame of his corporate roots if confronted with it. Suprisingly, to some, he shows no bias against those with no corporate background, and he remains quite open minded.
Kiedo
I didn't know Canada had a navy, lol.

But seriously my girlfriend is a canadian citizen so I'm fairly canadian friendly.
Digital Heroin
We've got two canoes and a beaver per coast, eh. Used to be we here on the West coast had a killer whale, but she got taken out in the great tubboat battle of '05.
Divine Virus
Keeping in mind that Canada is pretty much the only contry with connects to 3 different Oceans, it brings out Navy's total firepower up to 6 canoes and 3 beavers, truely a force to be reckoned with.
PBTHHHHT
sorry, had to interject because your canadian navy jokes made me laugh. smile.gif I'm gonna use it on my canadian friends.
Kiedo
I'm sorry I never really think of Canada as having any armed forces, I've been a few times and everyone is so nice and it's so clean that I couldn't see why anybody would want to attack Canada. Well except maybe the French, but they're push overs.
Konsaki
Heh, go to Google, type in French Victories and then hit the "Feel Lucky" button. grinbig.gif
PBTHHHHT
ouch! that was a nice twist of the knife.
Kiedo
LMAO

"Did you mean: french military defeats"
Divine Virus
Feel free to jump in at any time DH, we are just killing time (in a grand and entertaining manner) till you show up.
Kiedo
Also, I don't think the email you sent had the attachment...attached.
Digital Heroin
Fixed the e-mail, brain was wired odd when I sent it.

As for our Navy, the politeness is ingrained even in it. I'm a communicator, and a good deal of my job, especially when we're in an operational theatre, is hailing. Even when the people on the other end are completely belligerent, we have to thank them for any information they provide. While I haven't witnessed it myself, apparently any female in my trade in the Gulf is subjected to constant sexual harrassment, and has to be nice in return.

Sometimes I wonder if we're the world's doormat... but I prefer to think of us as America's hat.
Konsaki
Trust me, nomatter what position you are in, in any military, you will feel like a doormat. The only question is who is rubbing thier feet on you.
I have to deal with Trolls (Controllers) that drive me nuts sometimes with their stupidiy.
Troll - "This (Equipment) is broke! Come fix it!"
Me - "Ok. To fix the problem I have to turn off power to it."
Troll - "NO! You cant do that, we are using it!"

Though it is sorta funny when the Korean Controllers start to tweak out when they think we are about to take down thier equipment for maintenance.
Kiedo
Lol, I like that, America's Hat. I always think of canada as our friendly, artsy neighbors to the north. Because the more I read about it, the more I realize some of the US's best comedians, actors, and musicians hail from Canada, but come to the US for the money, since from what I understand Canada's entertainment industry is not nearly on par with Hollywood. Which is sad, because I quiet like Canada and have been thinking about moving there.
Kiedo
I'm glad to see DH posting, now your eccentric Johnson, can come and do the briefing. Not that I wasn't enjoying your conversation.
Konsaki
OK, 2 things
1) I thought we were talking at the bar. rotfl.gif
2) Since he said to take a seat and get a drink or vice versa, im going to guess there is a minibar in the room.
Divine Virus
Ok, I'm making a ediqutte roll. Now, my charisma is no where near as high as Miralda's, nor is my ediquette, which is why I didn't post in character. Nor am I up on 2070 pop culture introductions.
Charisma 6+ influence skill group 4
[ Spoiler ]

3 hits.
Kiedo
@konsaki

Yeah, don't nitpick, lol. I was having too much fun being all flashy and stuff I didn't stop to reread where you guys had picked to meet. And yes, the private room has a fully stocked minibar.
Konsaki
No worries, im having fun with this. biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
Ok, checking for the Johnson's PAN, rolls if required:

[ Spoiler ]

Assuming he finds it, checking the information provided, just a quick look over:

[ Spoiler ]

Well frag me... a critical glitch to try and read basic PAN info? This bodes well...
Kiedo
Well he didn't find it either way so no worried about the critical glitch.
Kiedo
Well your welcome to try and sniffer out his datatrail, or whatever you want to try but I'm going to tell you straight up, he doesn't have a commlink on him.

You can roleplay out sniffing and stuff, and if you want to roll for it the only thing emmiting a signal is his jacket, which is piping music, unencrypted to his cyber ears, his gun, which is funneling data to the smartlink in his eyes, and a strange unidentified signal that matchs nothing you've ever seen before.
Konsaki
Bah, DV you posted 1min before mine and I had to rewrite some of my post. Its ok though, i re-read my post and i think it works better this way. wink.gif

Kiedo - I'm going to do a "Judge Intentions" check on our snazzy dressed Johnson. Something doesn't feel right about him. nyahnyah.gif

Cha(3) + Int(3) = 6 Dice
4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6 = 5 hits (Wow, hope I'm not blowing my hits for later in the run...) eek.gif
Divine Virus
I will recipricate with the intentions, and also I will see if I can't jack up the Nuyen a bit. WIll be spending edge of nuyen (this is important).

Judge intentions: (cha6+int 4)
[ Spoiler ]

3 hits, almost a botch too.

Negotiating for nuyen.gif (cha 6, social skill group 4, edge 2)
[ Spoiler ]

We are going to be rich
8 hits. umm. since I spend that edge, I get to roll 6s again for extra hits

[ Spoiler ]

bah, not as nice. 9 hits total. I'll have to state the importance of rolls in advance.
Konsaki
Reroll that last 6 you got, DV. The Rule of 6 is still in affect.
Divine Virus
really? wow, good deal
I trust that don't need spoilers.
10 hits total.
Kiedo
Just out of curiosity, why does he seem off to you guys? I'm just wondering. I'm going to have to look up the judge intentions rule to be acurate and will edit in the results.

And Zander, I'm assuming your rolling that in for once you get to it IC, because that's when I'm going to deal with it, cause I can't really think right now, Encore is showing Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2, back to back, and I'm going to watch it. Maybe I'm handle it between movies.

[edit]

Judge Intentions

Vs. Roland
6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2

5 hits, tie goes in favor of the defender.

Vs. Miralda
5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1

3 hits, tie goes in favor of the defender(wierd two ties).

Negotiation with Miralda
6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 1, 1, 1, 1

5 hits, crappit, oh well that means an extra fifty pecent(since the BBB doesn't say anything, I do 10% per net hit) So you guys will be walking away with 22,500 nuyen.gif each.
Divine Virus
Ah. no worries. I am going to crash (need sleep badly, and should get back to this in the morning. goodnight
Konsaki
Reasons to judge intentions:

1) Neon is dressed like he belongs in a disco movie. Roland is dressed very plain and took note of Neon's cloths in an bad way. nyahnyah.gif

2)We are going to try and prevent a wetworks by stealing the weapon that is going to be used to do it. Doesnt that seem a little wacky to you? (This is as the player mainly. Truthfully, I dont think Roland realizes it.) indifferent.gif

3)Triplicate's message about Neon hiding something.

4)Depending on if Neon's reactions were before the check then that would have set it off in a big way. If his reactions were because of the check, then it prooved to be of some use. biggrin.gif

I try to keep everything in character down to his decisions, but you cant help but meta-game a little. It's almost impossible not to.
Kiedo
I hear that, I was just worried I was showing my aces, er I mean 7's no aces, I've got nothing but 7's.

Yeah I was rereading the run, and he does seem a bit suspicious.
Divine Virus
Also, he is hireing 3 shadowrunners, one of which is a human in his mid 50s, to accomplish a run on which the future of two corps hindge. This seems to me far more like we are some sort of sacrifical goat to draw attention while the real runners get to work.
Kiedo
Well, that would have been a larger number frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012