Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for OpenRPG support
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Nikoli
Was wondering if we have any OpenRPG guru's on the board. I have an idea for an applet to support SR4 games more appropriately, but I've not the foggiest on how to write for it and the documentation I've found thus far is weak (or my google-fu is, which is entirely possible).

Not looking for anything spectacular, just something that covers the dice mechanic unique to the SR4 setting. Play by Post is okay for what it is, but sometimes you just want a regular session where you know folks will respond.
WyldKarde
I've been playing in an SR3 campaign using OpenRPG for about a year now. Simplest way to handle this is to set yourself up with the following macro:

[?d6.vs(5)]

That'll ask you for the number of dice you want to roll, and count how many of them return a 5 or higher, effectively counting your number of hits.

That should do for a quick and dirty solution. For more involved stuff, check out the Complex Dice Rolling on the OpenRPG website.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012